Posts by 8564dan

Thanks. Are they all the same size then? I thought I needed ones specific to my case but if not then great. Thanks!
Hi guys, I have just installed a new PSU and took out two unwanted things from my mobo. This resulted in two open covers at the back as shown in the pic below. I don't have these parts because the place I bought the PC from 6 years ago never sent these to me. I didn't think about this at the time as I knew nothing about PCs. Anyone know of s good way to cover these up? I would leave them open but I'm thinking about possible bugs getting in. The case is the...
Thanks Candy. I did look at that but I wasn't sure if it meant some are USB 2 and some are 1.1.At least now I know they are all USB 2.Thanks
Hey guys, First off, here is a screenshot My rig can be seen in my sig. My mobo is the Asus P6TD Deluxe. I only see that the top two ports in that screenshot are enhanced host controllers and the rest are universal. Can I safely say that all my ports are USB 2? Or if not, how do I know which ones are? Thanks!
Hi guys, I might be needing to reset my overclock to stock settings and I can't see how to do this. I don't want to reset CMOS as I know there is another way of doing it (I read in the manual about a CPR feature?). Also, providing I can reset my overclock, I would like to save my current one so I can get it back. Is this using the Asus O.C Profile? Thanks guys
Awesome. Thanks. I've just looked at Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut and it seems great. Plus it's non-conductive which is what I wanted. I'll give it a go Is the pea-size method still recommended with it?
Hi guys, I'm looking to re-apply my thermal compound's been a good 5 years since I last did it. Do you still recommend this shin etsu compound? If not, what do you recommend? Thanks
Thanks guys. 750w is overkill for what I need then. I'll decide between the 550w and 650w EVGA G2 PSUs.
Right ok. I might just go for the EVGA Supernova G2 650w then: will be upgrading my CPU, mobo, GPU soon. If I were to go with a single GPU setup (gtx 1080 eventually) and a CPU of 6-8 cores, will a 650w PSU still suffice? This PSU is the start of my upgrade so I want to make sure it's future proof enough.Thanks again guys.
Hey guys, I'm currently looking at upgrading my PSU with some future proofing with extra power. These both are solid PSUs I think... Woul you say the EVGA P2 is best to go for over the G2? Thanks