Posts by dev1ance

If you bought it for $650, call in to Dell and ask for an adjustment. It's only $630 right now.
^ I bought it during Dell's DoD. It was only for one day. Probably will pop up again in the next Dell Days of Deals.
Ah well. I shall use it and see. It's a 30 day return policy anyway at no cost or hassle to me.
Hmm, I personally just purchased a Dell u2711 from Dell Canada online yesterday for $570 and shipping back the Dell u2713hm I bought for $540 also from Dell Canada. 2 dead pixels and severe IPS glow (not sure if it's back light bleeding) did it for me. I did see the cross hatching but I had to put my face up close to see it. But it wasn't as bad as what people were photographing in other batches. Opted for a refund for the u2711. Friend has one, I've seen the AG coating...
While watching some Youtube videos last night, my GTX670 fans just ramped up in speed and have been "stuck" so to speak since as it sounds as if I have my fans spinning at 70% or more. I haven't played games lately for a couple of months now due to my research project work and there should've been no major stress really to the card to even warrant such fan speeds. I've flashed to a different BIOs and installed 301.xx, 306.xx and even the 310 betas but to no avail with...
lol, try Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars. 12-15 seconds to reload a musket/rifle/pistol depending on your weapon. 100 vs 100 multi-player servers. Good fun.
No modifications are necessary as the HDD cage fits behind the fan. Just requires some effort as it's a tight fit.See post with my Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm:http://www.overclock.net/t/831636/official-corsair-graphite-club/6380#post_17269693
I've used F7->F12. All of them have had the same problems with the IMC/VTT voltage. LLC varied through the revisions but got progressively worse.Anyhow, the voltage thing is easy to induce. Just simply give your computer a BSOD. Lower your vCore low enough and run IBT/P95 and it should BSOD soon enough.Here:http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?279931-Gigabyte-Z77X-D3H&p=5082086&viewfull=1#post5082086lol, I have a vanilla P9X79 that is more of an "extreme"...
I don't see any voltage controlling in the Asus threads...
^ BIOs voltage issue has not been resolved since F8 bios, we're on F12 now. I still have the board and the chip running at 4.5. Much of the issues stem across the Gigabyte boards I believe including UD3/UD7 with LLC being worthless, vDroop, IMC/VTT glitch. The audio thing might only be me and maybe my particular board might just be a particularly crappy OCer. I've given up nonetheless. 4.5 is good enough, probably drop a 3930K in there instead.