Posts by CodeCoding

I'm in the same boat, did any of you guys have any success recovering your data?
Quote: Originally Posted by cisko Hey all! I just ran into this thread as i'm trying to reset a raid5 that has the same problem. I reset a new raid5 identically, booted up on my other HD in vista (safe mode) and ran the testdisk program, found my partition and files, wrote the partition data (at least I think I did)... Then, when I reboot, no matter what, I see my raid5 marked as "initialize" and then in vista, it starts initializing... (which is why...
Eh... this post lead me to 'confidently' erase all my data. I followed the directions, booted into safe mode but it seems apparently the Raid had been initializing anyways in the background (even in safe mode). After I ran TestDisk and wrote the partition to the drive it recognized the Drive Letter, but said it was corrupt. When I booted to Normal Mode I checked the Raid Status and it was already on 50% of initialization... I could have chose a different route, but I...