Posts by eloverton2

Is linux faster for GPU now like it used to be for smp? I have ubuntu 10.10 on this machine, I could switch over pretty easily if it is worth the ppd.My passkey was still in the console clients from a couple years ago, so I'm getting bonus points, 46k ppd right now. I got a new fan for my other 460 and am going to run it deadhead with remote access as soon as I get motivated to clean the heatsink, change the fans, and put new tim on it.edit: Also, after being inactive for...
Does running one instance of the 7.4.4 client yield more ppd than the older consoles? Is it worth it to fold on my x4 970? I remember back in the day thinking that the cpu wouldn't make as many points as it would detract from the gpu's ppds by running at the same time. Thanksedit/addition: Does anybody have an old 5870 they want to sell me to crossfire with my MSI 5870 Lightning? Do these old ATI cards still get crappy ppd? Is it even worth it to fold on them? I'm going...
Hey, after a couple years, I'm back. I have dropped a couple hundred spots on the team since I last submitted a wu, so I decided to change that for a little while. I downloaded the new client, and it was saying I was getting 700 ppd on my two 460's? So I reopened my old gpu consoles and langouste and it downloaded the new core and new projects. Is this still an acceptable way to fold? My HFM is showing 34k ppd (check it, I fixed the link in my sig). Just making sure I can...
Looking to see if anyone has this 5870 non-reference water block. http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc5870-msi-acetal-nickel.html Thanks
I'm looking for a good used MSI 5870 Lightning for cheap. I have one that is still a strong card, but am going to need to upgrade soon. Seeing as I don't want to spend a ton of money on the latest cards, I'm looking for a mate to the one I have to run crossfire. Thanks
thunderstorms today. knocked out the power while i was at work. came home to a powered off pc and its not looking like it will finish before deadline. two weeks of disappointment. sorry team. since our temp is already up and running, you can go ahead and switch over
01:04:50] Completed 242500 out of 250000 steps (97%) [01:50:49] CoreStatus = 8B (139) [01:50:49] Client-core communications error: ERROR 0x8b [01:50:49] Deleting current work unit & continuing... [01:51:04] - Preparing to get new work unit... [01:51:04] Cleaning up work directory :( :sigh: cry: sorry team. looks like the 85*F weather here while I was at work (when I forgot to turn on the AC before I left) resulted in an epic fail and waste of 4 days folding.
not to whine, but idk how i feel about mach1 running both i7 slots for ppd. just sayin'. wanted to throw it out there for a reaction. this city's like a ghost town...
this guide won't work without a gui, because i omitted all of the commands for the terminal. jedixjarf has a guide that has all of the terminal commands, but you still would have to use terminal inputs to mkdir and know the commands to follow fah as it runs.
whats wrong with my pirate avvy?