Posts by Zero Clocker

Hi hi, nice to hear you are doing well and congratulation having passed the tests. Having moved twice I'd little opportunity to meditate about my case. I've tried an acryllic window in another rig. But was hard to deal with this stuff. Recently I've closed the case and did high demanding gaming. I was shocked about the heat bursting out from behind. Still my opinion about TU200 is that it's a misconstruction. The side panel had to be perforated. There is no proper way...
If I've understand your post right you use the TU100. But my case is the TU200.@ihateolivesBesides, what happened to the Hate-Olives-Project? I have nothing seen from your side for a while now.Meanwhile I use the case with left side panel open next to the wall.Would like to buy a 'DAN A4 V2' case if available one day.
The problem is that there are components on the PCB. Would be nice to know if a re-delidding is recommended for additional taping. Next time I'll isolate the contacts for safety reasons.
Thank you for your advice. Have to order Ink Cartridges for training now to be prepared for the upcoming delidding. I've done the delidding already using Dr. Delid.http://www.overclock.net/t/1313179/official-delidded-club-guide/32880_20#post_26036477I've used Conductonaut as well.
@theGucky Congratulation! Super gain in temps as well! How are your gains in real life apps like gaming? And how did you manage the syringe? In my case a bit of pressure resulted in polluting nearly all of the fluid and it did not suck in the sytinge again. I'd ordered DM2 as well but Dr. Delid was faster. And yesterday DM2 arrived which I'll probably return. Waiting for Kryonaut now to replace AS5. So you didn't tape either. I've posted the question before: Will the...
Thank you! I feel highly honoured to join your club. What I've forgotten while delidding was to take pics being that hightly focused on making everything right.Meanwhile after having read a bit about delidding I've some questions left and I'd be happy for an answer of you guys.Next step could be applying liquid metal between IHS and CPU cooler.Is this a good idea? Some claim the surfaces of IHS and Cooler backplate are damaged afterwards (not only aluminium type) or hard...
Thank you so much for your acknowledgment. Dr. Delid is is very useful tool but the manual (just pictures) is not really helpful. I've found a description yesterday what was missing in the package.Phoned Aquashop and the friendly guy explain it to me and that he himself was surprised about the easy handling. Unfortunately they have no video either. What I did not know was to put relidding frame in first and after the heatspreader. Tried that by intuition but the...
As this is my first encounter with liquid metal I've no comparisons. What I've found out after wiping and smearing a drop of it with tissues is India Rubber. My clean white table was covered with smears and the more I've been wiping the worser it came.But with a rubber eraser the stains vanished totally (after a bit of work).Will use Conductonaut for my CPU cooler as well. This time I'll cover the whole table and myself.As well the black sticky silicon Uhu glue was hard to...
Yes, it's really 'fantastisk' and my system is still working. I had a longer gaming session last night and the temps went up a bit but rarely hit the 70th°C, mostly 60 to 65°C. I thought for myself next time de-lidding I'll buy a replacement CPU just in case of emergency. How about you, could you imagine making an appointment for your tiny patient i7-7700K with Dr. Delid?Besides:http://www.overclock.net/t/1313179/official-delidded-club-guide/32880_20#post_26036477
i7-7700K Asus Strix 270i Corsair Vengeance LPX Noctua NH-12 OCN name: Zero Clocker CPU: i7 7700K On-die TIM: thermal grizzly Conductonaut IHS TIM: Arctic Silver V Mhz gained: - OC after delid: 4601,10 MHz (Perfomance Setting UEFI and Power Options) Temp drops: 20°C-35°C on load CPU-Z validation of max OC: http://valid.x86.fr/75dmuu Besides, I'm not about occing my CPU at this time, just let it recover from brain surgery. Here's my de-lidding/re-lidding experiment....