Posts by ugotd8

FYI X99 SLI Plus BIOS 1.5 posted on MSI site today. Copy from webpage: - Enhanced XMP function. - Improved memory compatibility. - Improved AC Power Loss function. - Improved VGA compatibility. - Add DRAM voltage range to 2.0V.
I had to laugh, you jst described me to a T. Well said.
That was not it. Although good to have that device disabled since it could be a potential problem.I tried setting in BIOS the PCI-gen to Gen2 on the PCI slot my card is in (GTX570). No joy.Then, I tried disabling (shutting down) HWiNFO64 which I use for rainmeter. With both of those programs stopped cinebench R15 and R11.529 run perfectly with no pauses. I'm guessing at this point something to do with HWiNFO64 interacting every two seconds with the video card to get...
Hmmm, this possibly ? I'm going to try and report back.
Anyone seen this cinebench behavior on X99 with 5960X where the multicore render will just stop randomly for a few seconds then finish ? By that I mean the rendering display squares stop, then all of a sudden it's done. Put my machine back at stock and it's still doing it.
I think I found the worst 5960X in terms of overclocking at microcenter last week (batch: L424B998). Best I can do with it is 43 @ 1.27. For 44 it wants 1.34 and temps get close to 70 on custom water. For 45 still not stable at 1.38!
I'm probably going to be putting this one in the for sale section here very soon. Double wide horizontal.
Just stunning Stren. Congrats.
Hi all, a couple of questions for overclockers with the MSI X99S boards. Using the BETA 152 BIOS. 1. Where is the BIOS setting to disable EPU Power savings ? 2. Has anyone changed the VCCSA ? (I manually input 1.20 but AIDA64 latest says 1.256)
FWIW I'm returning the 1300 G2 I just bought. The fan is soooooooooo loud and no way to slow it easily.