Posts by qlum

I had my coating rubbing off on an old trust mouse I temporarily use at work. In my case I could just rub it off with a damp cloth and some effort and what was left in my case was a smooth black plastic surface, not ideal but most certainly usable. I would at least try it if your alternative is not using the mouse as it may very well result in mouse that is perfectly fine in use. Be it without a rubber coating. I will admit that trust probably used a lot worse a coating...
From what I read the gpu used in those atom's is a powervr SGX544 a mobile gpu from 2010 which in all likelihood does not even have a proper wddm 1.0 driver and only supports up to dx9.3 so I guess its not that strage that basically a mobile gpu doesn't get supported in windows indefinitely. It is by no means standard pc hardware. That being said it is a bad sign that windows deprecates hardware within windows 10 and basically forces people to either go back to 8.1 or do...
It kind of makes sense that we are not seeing a decrease in price per gb now. hard drives are slowly getting pushed towards pretty much server only use cases and you see the drives are actually getting higher capacities relatively fast. Those higher capacity drives may not be cheaper per gb on their own however when mounting them in big datacenters they probably are cheaper per gb in use considering you can have a bigger storage with the same amount of connectors and in...
I'sn' t the 6th mass extinction going on for 11000 years or so: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocene_extinction
Juat checking a VAC ban is just a ban for VAC games right? If so I find it a perfectly fone punishment for cheaters. If it's a ban of the whole steam account now that goes way too far.
Remember cost of the cpu is not the only thing for people who do this as their job. Time is also a factor here and they coud have tested a lot of different things but it would all cost time and I think the range of cpu's tested here is alreafy rather broad.
The impact on global warming may be limited in some cases with electric cars they do have a great benefit of not polluting the cities nearly as much which by itself is already a huge improvement over diesel and gasoline used in non electric cars.
YerdThe reason they didn't do it is because they purely wanted to test the pci-e lane difference not the actual gaming performance of the cpu's. Going to a cpu bound scenario while interesting would be a completely different test.
I think graphics have been fine with this generation, yes more performance can give you better graphics but personally I think the strive for higher framerates should be the way to go. I don't mind the graphical stall as much. Back at the end of the ps3 and x360 era this stall was much much worse for the pc. with improvements on graphics diminishing returns are clearly a very big thing. Starting at the snes going to the ps1 is a gigantic leap. you can have reasonable 3d...
Either way some of these games have been released for a while, even if its just a week after release a game is not cracked some pirates will grow impatient and buy the game. Just to put it out there I know piracy is used to try out games and pirated games are not lost sales per se. Hell I used to pirate my pc games for some time and while I would buy some games if piracy was not a thing I sure as hell wouldn't buy all of them. However the fact remains that some people...