Posts by qlum

I have a pretty much identical setup but sadly I could not reproduce your benchmarks under the same configuration, I also have 3 ST2000DM001 Drives and a 3570k but after applying the same config crystaldiskmark just gives me 112.4 MB/s read and 59.82 MB/s write. I did not want break raid so I don't have individual benchmarks but considering the health reports where fine I doubt that was the problem. BTW raid 5 I do think that going software raid 5 was a bad choice, I...
I expect the note 3 when it comes out to finally breach the 2ghz on a smartphone which is quite insane, if this trend continues (it will not) smartphones will be more powerful then desktops in no time.
I miss mine having white plastic all around instead of one side turning yellow... gotta love sunlight and time.
Oh this is a overclocking bug, I have had it myself before as well. Basically when the gpu is idle it clocks back to lower clock speeds then it runs on by default when gaming, when you are not overclocking this works perfectly fine and just makes you save power. When overclocking however in some cases it clocks back to far, which causes those issues, if you look at the clock speeds at such a time you will find very low values, far lower then normal idle values. There is a...
double post, please delete.
hmm a very faulty sata cable causing the drive to slow down which in turn caused mouselag, something doesn't fit here as even if that where to happen it would generally cause lagbursts at most and even that is not very likely unless you constantly had some program using your drive a lot during all your testing. What I think happened was that there never was any actual lag in the first place, I think you may have thought there was lag thus always felt lag and this for some...
I think We have reached a point where only one conclusion can be drawn. It is clearly not harware it is clearly not software. It can only be you. Be it you think it lags so it always keeps lagging to you, be it something is ****ed up in your brain so it may always seem to lag for you. The really only way to test it now is to let someone else play on your pc for a while not telling him your problem than later asking him about it and if he doesn't really mention any lag...
First of all I know there are some good games on linux, I always mark my humble indie bundles under linux also, I have some games installed on my laptop running on linux as well, its just not enough for me to be reasonably able to switch. This may change with steam coming to linux and some more games coming to linux as I can always go back for a few of those games to windows however that point has yet to be reached.To Warsow I say Xonotic is more fun.
I remember back ages ago there was someone trying to port in physx into ati drivers but obviously that didn't work out.
I have been on linux on my laptop and htpc for quite some time however my gaming rig is waiting for games naturally as the majority doesn't work natively and wine is not an ideal solution.