Posts by qlum

great another new ui, can't they just port everything to one ui for once I mean some settings are pretty much still in the xp era.
Have you guys actually read the source article on hackernoon. It's not at all about how Microsoft tries to make it harder by making overly complex software. Its really all about how adding features to software gets harder and harder the bigger your software gets. This is what causes office to be so hard to imitate. Its a piece of software that has grown very complex over its life and is thus pretty hard to build compatibility with. As for the part that has been quoted...
Judging from these specs I would put the docked switch at somewhere between 35/45% of the ps4 performance wise. The arm cortex a57 performs somewhat similar to jaguar clock for clock and having 7 clocked at 1.6ghz vs what I would assume a similarly clocked arm cpu (up to probably means boost here) which would give it a little less then 50% performance on the cpu side (performance does not scale linearly with core count). On the gpu side we have 256 maxwell cores @ 1ghz...
While the idea of modders getting paid sounds noble enough it does have its practical problems. Besides the problem of devs essentially controlling their own cut and just increasing it to the point of maximum profit. The issue especially with bigger games is that not all mods will be paid and we should not want all mods to be paid. Sure there is nothing wrong with a big mod or total conversion to ask money but for a lot of mods that really is not the goal and when people...
Just to put things into perspective, the last cpu to not support 64bit are the clover trail+ atom's the latest came out in Q2 2013 so actually not that long ago and a lot more recent then I would have guessed. source: http://ark.intel.com/products/70100/Intel-Atom-Processor-Z2580-1M-Cache-2_00-GHz but like I posted before from my phone, not a lot of peeps will be using it and besides that 32bit arch was not that well maintained in the first place.
Linux can run in some pretty old hardware? Especially old netbooks may still have a 32bit only cpu. So there will still be people who will suffer frim the lack of 32 bit support. Even if there are not a lot of them. Then again they can move to other distro's that do.
While I'd rather play a game without drm then one with devuno I don't think its that bad and I do believe developers have a valid reason to use it as it does work. Not always but there are quite a few games using it that have been free from piracy during their most crucial launch period. There are pirates that do buy a game if they can't pirate so I do believe it resulted in some extra sales, sure the pirates who try out a game and buy it later you may have missed but I...
There is no valid reason for them to increase the gpu requirement based on vram it should not do anything with performance as long as your card has the required vram.
Interestingly enough that seems to be the content of most of those emails.There is some interesing stuf in there.
looking at this it seems like it could be a benefit on slower pc or very ram / cpu bound scenario's however it will probably just give you a few fps extra. Still nice to have but not very important. I wonder how much it will add compared to just setting the priority to high and how much other applications like a webbrowser are hindered by it. As I tend to chat and browse while I game, often even watching stuff on youtube or tv shows via kodi. Things could be worse, they...