Posts by Killam0n

I downloaded a custom user made hi res texture pack a while ago, it increased my game load times considerably and it was much much smaller file size than this. Load times take a full minute now, so that sucks. 970M 3GB
This is kinda sad because you wont get to play that free game on your next computer where the frame rate would be double and the game more enjoyable.. I guess we are reaching an advancement in video cards where this isn't so much the case anymore, but only because you can max out most games with existing hardware. I remember gaming on pc when my next graphics card upgrade meant playing my old games decently now instead of everything on low or medium to get a decent FPS.
Xeon e5 2603 V3 Overclocking LGA2011-v3 1.6 GHz 6 Core So title sums it up pretty much.. how much luck do you think I would have overclocking one of these in an asus board like this ASUS X99-E LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Motherboards -...
you mean like folding on other peoples computers without their knowledge? THIS IS A PHOBIA I HAVE.
I use to set up systems like this off and on.. If I gave a quote for 10k to a company and they wanted to half that budget I would do my best to make it work. What your trying to do, 5k - 10k for an appropriate reliable server setup seems perfectly reasonable. For so few users I would probably bring your target budget to 4500$ with someone coming in to set it up for you, basically 4k allowing for a few hundred on top of that for a backup system. If you want reliable...
[*] Thief Second Choice [*] Tomb Raider Third [*] Hitman Absolution There are no rules.
Just dont forget that you will be required to use an internet connection to activate the driver which will probably give razr ownership over all recorded audio on said mic. Why do I need an internet connection to install a driver for a mouse..
Thats what he meant.. thats the exact thing that happened when we moved from xp to vista.. is xp was preferred.. much in the same way windows 7 is preferred to 8/8.1good news everyone (that owns a 9xx Nvidia card) direct x 12 is supported. Will it be fully supported ymmv, but it is advertised by Nvidia that it is supported. I would imagine that they are going to require windows X to use direct x12.. thats what they did with vista and dx10 its an easy formula to fallow....
If the G79 series comes out before HL3 then Valve has dropped the ball, they still have a strong fallowing for the game for what another year? man I hope we don't have to wait another year..Really.. That is a nice laptop Ive been keeping an eye on the sager laptops. The reason I went with the ASUS is the IPS / price / size 17" at the end of it all.. ASUS also offers the 1 year warranty free, which is a nice perk, but I probably wont need that. - Im typing on an Asus x83v ...
I just pulled the trigger to order an ASUS laptop with a 970m I am worried about it only having 3gb of video ram, however realistically I will probably just be running the screen on the laptop for gaming not a 4k monitor for some time.. so I think it will chew through games like a boss for a while at least. (ASUS ROG G751 Series G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop Intel Core i7 4710HQ (2.50GHz) 16GB Memory 1TB HDD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M 3GB 17.3" Windows 8.1 64-Bit) I really like...