Posts by ChronoBodi

ok, so Zen has IPC roughly in Broadwell territory, so it's better than my 5960x already, and clock speed is only keeping my 5960x from completely losing to Ryzen octocores. But there's also more "IPC" in the SMT of Ryzen compared to Intel's HT, something about it being 40% of a core performance for Ryzen vs 30% for Intel on the SMT performance. https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/ryzen-strictly-technical.2500572/#post-38770120 Give or take, Intel's slightly better...
nothing is Vive-exclusive. The Rift works on SteamVR, the same platform that the Vive works on, so Fallout 4 and all the Vive games works on Oculus Touch. The key thing is whether the individual developers optimized in specific Touch optimizations or usually, it's just a remap of Vive controls to Touch. Again, there is no game or software that is exclusive to the Vive.
I meant the Gloflo's borrowed Samsung 14nm node they used for Ryzen, not directly at Samsung.
Samsung's process has nothing to do with why AMD can produce higher core counts for cheaper than Intel can.AMD can switch to another process and they will if they want higher clock speeds, the current samsung process is awesome for power efficiency from 3.2ghz to 3.8 ghz, but not so much for going beyond 4 ghz.They are using Infinity Fabric to do two 1800Xs on a MCM package to make Threadripper 16 core, and having both dies act as one CPU overall.This means big yields for...
Intel released a line of i9 cpus for X299, but it's very, very kneejerk. $2000 18 core CPU down to like, an bolted-on 7700k on X299 that only has 16 PCI-E lanes AND only dual channel... on a x299 chipset that can do 44 lanes. Oh, and the 44 Lanes is restricted to $1000 and above Intel chips. Anything between $1000 intel chips and the bolted-on 7700k is 28 lanes only. In comparison, ALL threadripper SKUS up to 16 cores can do 64 PCI-E LANES!. and no threadripper is nerfed...
to be fair, we're in the first phase of this comic, and what did you expect honestly? It's first gen, it's never going to be like, the final incarnation of what VR can be. http://www.dorkly.com/post/82964/the-problem-with-waiting-for-the-perfect-game-system
Dunno, still play my Vive just fine with close-up 2160x1200 resolution and the experiences can't be replicated on flatscreen.Also, supersampling/AA helps a LOT. like, 1.5 supersampling if on a 1080Ti or so, then play Pavlov on the Sand map in multiplayer. looks stunning. Nothing like Wii graphics at all, there's VR games out there that can do the graphics of flatscreen.And there's Fallout 4 and Payday 2 coming as well.
Also called a monopoly and a 30% cut from anyone who wants to publish on that store as well.Not everything is so cut and dried.
to be fair, i've bought games wherever they're sold. Steam, Origin, GoG, Uplay, Windows 10 Store, and Blizzard. Good not to have a complete monopoly on game stores. We missed the boat on our choice of OS for games, let's not make it so for game stores then. To be fair.... open-source Linux is a PITA to put it lightly to cohesively put together in a combined effort similar to Windows though.
16 cores at 3.6 ghz all cores is already impressive considering that, you know, its 16 cores dude.More cores = lower clock speeds generally speaking. More cores to feed, more cores that can need more voltage or run hotter than other cores.Just the fact that they can do 3.6 ghz all cores stock is impressive.I know this because my 5960X's 2nd core is always 3-5c hotter than the other cores, so you will be limited by the weakest core for all-core OC.Assuming that overclocking...