Posts by ChronoBodi

Funny thing is, i have experience with both Asus and Gigabyte.... had to switch from RVE to Designare-EX, because... in my experience, the RVE is just so inconsistent in booting, random quirks, all sorts of weird stuff. I've tried to stick with it for almost 2 years, but then I gave up and replaced it with Designare-EX. Actually boots every time consistently, for once. And no issues with the BIOS myself on both, although.... i admit the Asus RVE is slightly easier to...
everyone will have their own bias to mobos depending on experiences in the past. For me, Gigabyte tends to be solid, no issues on am3 and x79 builds before, Asrock is a bit checkered for me, no issue on a mini-itx z77 build but ran into something odd....boot issues again, with a Asrock x99 extreme 4, which I though ooooo the Asus RVE must be better, right? Well, the RVE did work for almost 2 years, but as I mentioned in original post, i am finally sick of its broad...
Funny you say that, ive had two past Gigabyte builds of AM3 and X79, and none of them existed the issues ive had with this Asus.Everyone gets different mobos, so happens that Asus sucks for me, not Gigabyte. Your experiences is not the same as mine or others.
Yea.... I'm looking at the Gigabyte x99 Designare, there's quite a lot of new stuff in it over first-gen x99: usb 3.1 2x U.2 ports (nice to have, only commercial drives is the 2.5 format intel 750, but would be cool if more U.2 drives can come out. 5 slots that can be flexible and all PCI-E Gen 3, metal reinforced Thunderbolt 3 Not Asus. It's a contender for me.
For the time i've used it, approximately only 600-700GB has been written to it, so it's very lightly used. I am asking for $525 for the SSD or best offer.
I've had it with the Asus Rampage V Extreme, nothing but inconsistent booting issues, not recoginzing SATA Drives, god knows what else. Seriosuly. I can't even spell because i;ve had this setup for two years and i;ve wondered how I even put up with it. Is it too much to ask for for a rig to at least BOOT every time i Turn it on? Not "oh, reset it because it's obviously not going to boot this time, then it will boot I think" No, no, no. no more. I am sick of it. Now,...
I did a Reset already, but itsHomeUpgraded from 8.1 to 10OEM
I did a Reset, everything works fine now. The issue is that somehow my rig specifically hates SATA ssds of only the samsung 850 series, either Pro or Evo. Why, every single other drives is fine in my rig, except the Samsung 850s. I have no idea why this is the case with my rig. Inexplicably, the nvme-based PCI-e Samsung 950 pro never had any isssues. And the Samsung 830 512gb, no issues.
Jesus, the amount of crap I have to go through to even fix this issue is insane. I've system restored twice, and right now, i have the whole Windows 10, but no sound is working, and device manager is gone. I've ran SFV SCANNOW in the command prompt, it insists that nothing is missing, yet a bunch of stuff is missing. Here's what's missing from the Control panel, and I get this crap that pops up: I've checked through the options that has the "folder" icon that's...
main drawback is that without an dedicated h.265 encoder/decoder and assuming the CPU does all the work, it's more CPU intensive to encode/decode than h.264, but what h.265 can do is deliver the same quality in half the bitrate of h.264, if the bitrate is exactly the same between h.265 and h.264.Also, almost any devices these days has h.264 encoder/decoder, only relatively new devices come with h.265 encoding/decoding built in.