Posts by ChronoBodi

Assuming Pascal is a die-shrunken Maxwell with higher clock speeds, correct?
Now, if Xpoint is this fast, wouldn't it be bottlenecked at roughly 3.5gb / sec on a PCI-E x4 interface? They have to go like PCI-E x16 for over 12gb / sec speeds, and even then this will be crazy expensive, more like a RAM alternative. Honestly, once you have the regular PCI-E SSDs that go 2gb / sec already, it's harder for consumers to notice the difference even in comparsion to SATA SSDs, so only the enterprise market will see any worthwhile use out of such insane...
U know, I don't care if amd has to do 400w for their Vegas big die, ill get it if its reasonable $650ish price point. There is no way, and I don't want to see $1000 mid range gpus, or $1700 big dies if this trend continues. Would it kill Nvidia to drop $150-$200 on their current cards and call it a day? They will get some goodwill back and bring better performance to more people.
This gpu generation sucks. We used to get these cards for $400-300 cheaper, I mean look at launch prices for the big die cards like gtx 580 and gtx 980 Ti, at least it was like $500-$650 for a big die.
Well..... maybe the hard drive is the problem. I have BE installed to my Evo 2TB SSD, no dropped frames or anything.Do you have a SSD?Heck, a OCZ Trion 100 will do better than a hard drive, and i got the 1TB Trion 100 for $199 at Microcenter.
you have Haswell-E, I have that too at 4 ghz, again, no reason why BE should be juddering.Anything else taking up background tasks? What storage is BE installed to? and so on.......Install new drivers?
My 980 Ti @ 1450 mhz does 90 FPS at rendertarget 1.0 fine for BE, your 1080 should not have issues at all.what's the rest of your system specs? This is odd that the 1080 can't keep 90 FPS at rendertarget 1.0, considering a 1080 OCed is 20% faster than OCed 980 Ti.However, Nvidia Funhouse @ High is not attainable on even a OCed 1080, that's SLI 1080s or a 1080 Ti. We have a VR Crysis 1 here.
90 FPS all the way, again, 1450mhz 980 Ti.I can tell if Reprojection kicks in because the hands/guns will look judderly if i move them.relevant OC vs OC benchmark:
Nvidia Funhouse plays fine on a 1450 mhz 980 Ti, on Medium where they recommend 1080 for that. High, is ehhhh..... 1080 Ti territory. Yea, Assembly extra $10 for just 3D monitor mode is dickish, extra $10 makes sense if they implement motion controllers. Only games that makes sense for controllers with VR is cockpit games for car/plane stuff if you don't have HOTAS, other than that, no.
Geez, so much whining on TLC.... No one looked at Tech Report's SSD endurance tests? the TLC planar lasted a looooong time, up to around 700 TB to 1PB of writes before they gave up the ghost. and that's not even to say about 3D VNand's increased endurance, which applied to TLC, makes it last just as long as planar MLC or more. So I don't see any issue with TLC, planar or VNAND, if the price is right.