Posts by ChronoBodi

Go for asrock, I never found it to be worth paying the Asus tax IMO. The Extreme 4s are nice asrock boards, as my x99 is serving me nicely.
Dude, there's an easy FOV hack to save you from the bars and "justifying" having to play with them on.http://www.mediafire.com/?tvyk4b6r6zy0fezRun game, then run that, use pgdn and pgup to change Fov. Of course after you use the aspect ratio debug command and set it to 1.9.No reason for you to suffer the bars at all.
heh, future proof never exist at all, more like future resistant really.no, the mainstream sockets are only quads and that's it. the extreme socket (x99) is where all the big CPUs go, obviously, and a lot more future-resistant too. if you did have the cash for a 5960x ($900 at Microcenter) you're pretty much set for a looooong time.Actually, quad memory on x79 is still better bandwidth of like 45-50 GB/s vs 26-28 GB/s of dual channel on 1150 socket.if you're going for x79,...
yea, my core #2 always runs 3 or 4C hotter than the others... must be a thing of Haswell-E, like how Core #0 was always hotter on Sandy Bridge-E. Also, Dead Rising 3 happens to be a good instant check to tell if your CPU is stable from the get-go or not. I tested my 5960x at 1.164v, and the game started up, menu is fine. What to look for though, is the BSOD that happens when you try to get into the game, it's always a VIDEO ERROR thing on the BSOD itself. So basically,...
well, i did go from a 4 ghz 1090t to a 4.3 ghz 3930k.... to a 4.1 ghz 5960x. Guess which upgrade felt the most power in terms of actual throughput? OP, a 4 ghz 1090t is roughly the same power as an slightly OCed i7 2600k or stock i7 3770k. in Cinebench 11.5, i remember the 1090t scoring 7.11 at 4 Ghz, then a 4.3 ghz 3930k scores 12.50, THEN, a 4.1 ghz 5960x scores 17.50. So, OP, if you really want an upgrade, go for an i7 hexacore, BESIDES the old i7 980x. Any of them...
Now where do I get info for gigabyte and asrock?
Numbers of phases doesn't mean too much for x99, gigabyte is using 6, Asus uses 8, and asrock went with 12. The question is what kind of phases are they and why each manufacturer went with a specific amount for their x99 boards.
If you don't mind a somewhat repetitive brawler with color-coded QTEs, then yea it's cool.
Wow. Cause, uh, I had the exact same ga-x79-up4 you have, and I never ever had any issues with it. Ever. Your up4 must have been a dud, twice.That being said, gigabyte is not recommended for x99 this time around, none of their boards support full speed m.2 of 32 Gb/s like the other manufacturers do, and the x99 ud4 in particular have firmware and cold boot issues.Also, what that Guy said about MSI's ram issue too.OP, can't go wrong with either Asrock or Asus.Basically just...
There's cold boot issues and BIOS bugs with that one.I for one can confirm there is no issues with Asrock x99 extreme 4 or any of their other x99 mobos. In my experience that is.