Posts by ChronoBodi

2666 MHz ram is fine, and you can save dosh on ram that way. Most of the improvements come at 2666 MHz, yes 3200 MHz is better but its not the same difference compared to going from 2133 MHz to 2666 MHz.2666 MHz is also officially supported for single rank 16gb ram, 8gb two sticks on all Ryzens.Timing is not as important, the frequency is. The timing could be crap for all I care, as long as you get 2666 or 3200 MHz to make the infinity fabric faster between the two CCXs on...
Just go with r5 1600. Both Kaby Lake and Ryzen are within 4% in IPC to each other, with the Kaby Lakes being able to OC quite a bit to 4.7-4.8 ghz, true, but consider this:It may be, for the price of the 7700k it gets you:4c/8t, 4% better ipc, 20% better OC headroom (taps out around 4.8 with a few lucky 5 ghz), and that's 25% better ST performance.But, Ryzen is no slouch in ST either, at its 4 ghz cap it can still hold its own in ST performance, more akin to Broadwell IPC,...
There were epic flamewars on Reddit over this, lol.Now Oculus's roomscale is fine as Vive, provided you got three sensors.Hmmm.... is their tracking space still smaller than Vive or is that improved?
it isn't, but 7% worse ipc vs Kaby lake doesn't overcome Kaby Lake i5's lack of core/threads compared to Ryzen for the same price point.for that 7% worse ipc the tradeoff is much greater in the other direction, 6c/12t vs 4c/4t for same price (1600x vs 7600k) or cheaper (1600)
Not even that, first year of a whole new medium to boot, whereas Linux is inherently part of the 2D mediums we've had for 40-50 years if talking about computers as a whole. Linux had to come from somewhere after all, and that descended from past earlier OSes in ideas.
is it me or is it just impossible to explain the medium of VR to naysayers? it pretty much is, considering this medium is not even within a "2d" context like photos, movies, or gaming on 2D monitors, but completely replicating our 3D senses, so to speak. Can't really do much about pointless arguing. Really, the VR technology needs to be cheaper, the medium is here but not cheap enough so that enough people "get it", so to speak in terms of recognizing the potential of the...
Just curious, have you even tried HTC Vive, or even read my reply to you?It's one thing to complain about it, but to go on long rants like this ignores the potential of what VR can be just based on its first incarnation. It's like assuming Atari 2600 will all it ever will be for 2D games, and Starfox on Super Nintendo is all it will ever be for 3D games.Or, silent black and white shorts in the 1920s is all it will ever be for movies.or more to the point, assuming that the...
Bro, I have 2 4K monitors, lots of resolution to go around and all that, 4K 60 fps! Yay!sure, my HTC Vive is only like, 2160x1200 in comparison to 3840x2160 of my monitors, but the actual experience is so different that you're going to immediately forget the fact that you're even staring at inherently lower-res panels way closer than my monitors... at this point i am not even thinking that i'm staring at a screen, i'm looking and moving around the world that exists in...
it should support it.http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/PRIME_Z270-A/PRIME-Z270-A_Device_report.pdf?_ga=1.190247147.1374028388.1492984257It has to be set in NVME mode on the motherboard to work, there's no other way for an NVME-only PCI-E m.2 SSD drive to work.Either the SM961 you have is broken, the mobo m.2 is not set correctly or faulty. Only way to know for sure is to test a different m.2 PCI-E NVME SSD.
Wake me up when there's a 16 core option for $999, or maybe a low-binned option for $899. After all, Ryzen octos are $329-$499, what's to stop it being $829-999 for sixteen cores?