Posts by ChronoBodi

reddit permalink here the Croteam dev's original comment.
TBH, what is this going to do against the juggernaut BIG coup of Fallout 4 on Vive?Yes, FO4 is not exclusive and will work on Rift with PS move/Razer Hydra/Touch,it's the fact that Oculus is NOT mentioned at all for that crucial moment in VR, a full AAA game having VR native support that's not Vorpx crap.That's making Oculus desperate, and I am not sure just because they have Facebook money means they can buy everything off.Money doesn't fix crap reputation and bad...
Most despicable of all sellout devs! https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/4nxg2e/giant_cop_no_longer_coming_to_the_vive_now_listed/ Giant COP devs sold out to Oculus, is now "timed-exclusive" and removes all OpenVR support. Nevermind the fact that before all that, the game worked fine on the HTC Vive with no issues. The dev sold his soul, and figured, like all sellouts, that the money offered to them is worth it to give up their reputation and career.
what's the tracking tech on this?
Has to be on Vive as well.No developer will be stupid enough to risk their reputation with a community backlash like Superhot did, being exclusive to Rift.BTW, that trailer looks like it should work well enough on Vive.
It will work on Oculus touch through OpenVR,the only reason Oculus is not mention is because Zenimax (Beth's parent company) is suing Oculus over John Carmack's work on tech when he was at ID before.So, Beth doesn't mention Oculus at all simply because you obviously don't support a company you're suing anyway.Anything that is "Vive" exclusive is only that way because Vive has official motion controllers, Oculus Rift for now can work with Razer Hydra controllers..... and I...
Fallout 4: First whole AAA game into VR! And they're saying 2017 so they can properly do VR roomscale support, not vorpx ghetto method. I am curious as to what locomotion they will use. My vote is on swing-the-arm: swing your arm like you're running to move in VR. Or multiple locomotion methods for people who are not as prone to motion sickness as others are. On the topic of Doom, Hell will be a sight indeed in VR, and maybe a wave shooter, or hell, a Mancubus...
Fallout 4: First whole AAA game into VR!And they're saying 2017 so they can properly do VR roomscale support, not vorpx ghetto method.I am curious as to what locomotion they will use. My vote is on swing-the-arm: swing your arm like you're running to move in VR.Or multiple locomotion methods for people who are not as prone to motion sickness as others are.On the topic of Doom, Hell will be a sight indeed in VR, and maybe a wave shooter, or hell, a Mancubus simulator, they...
what doom vr?And i think its Vive exclusive only because it has motion controls, wouldn't be exclusive if Oculus Touch was released already, lol.
Ah dude, it's not even just that, even the current resolution of 2160x1200 has to be oversampled 1.4x AT 90 fps, just due to distortion of the lens that has to be accounted for.They either do 40% lower resolution than 2160x1200 and render to that and downsample, OR render 1.4x above 2160x1200 and downsample back to it.