Posts by ChronoBodi

I admit the GPUs, at least in the ps4 is decent, given that it is pretty much an underclocked 7870, but I have to say they are terribly bottlenecked by the intended-for-netbook Jaguars that they put in. It wouldn't be all that bad if the devs can use all eight, but they're restricted to 6 of them, the other two reserved to background OS. they cannot even use the full 8gb ram either, 3gb of it is reserved to OS as well.Now, when you think of an balanced CPU to go with a...
yea, pretty much. Something tells me the trend seems to be if a game is hyped a lot, more often than not it will suck. True with Titanfall (anyone playing that now?), Watchdogs, and now this.I mean it's an decent RE gameplay-type game, but, it's not the second coming of Resident Evil, which is a shame. Also, terrible port.
i did try 1.3v for 4.5 ghz, but im too scared to run it at that alone... in hindsight, its more like 1.35v for mine to be stable, it's not one of the great binned 5960x. Just so you know, you can do 4 ghz to 4.2 ghz with Vcores of like 1.150v to 1.22v in general depending on silicon lottery. Anything after 4.3 ghz requires too much voltage to be worth it.THERE is a native m.2 design on this mobo, but if you do, it disables SLOT 5, which is the PCI-E x8 at the bottom of...
From what i've seen so far from here: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-x99-haswell-e-overclocking,3934-2.htmlIt has no third party controllers or hubs to deal with, which is great IMO as it means all USB 3 ports are always Intel native. in fact, the whole mobo is just x99 chipset and nothing else, no third party crap to deal with.as for OCing, im more of a moderate OCer, i have my 5960x on 4.1 Ghz at 1.184c, the temps are 20c idle, 55c load, better than the 3930k...
Ha, i got an adapter card and Samsung XP941 in my Asrock mobo already, absolutely no issue with it at all, runs at its specified speed for me.If you're curious, here's the adapter card to get: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KZIAO2Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1and i got my XP941 off ebay for $500, you just have to look for it.
Honestly, it's all on user's own experiences with the brand, it's the first impression that counts. I can say Asus or Gigabyte sucks and go on about them being crappy forever IF my first impression of their mobo was shoddy. I've had an Asrock Z77E-ITX and i have no issue OCing a i7 3770k on it to 4.5 Ghz @ 1.3v. And an Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4, to which an 3930k is OCed to 4.3 Ghz @ 1.31v. Nor do i have any issue with my current Asrock x99 Extreme 4. 5960x @ 4.1 Ghz @...
i do have the XP941 in a M.2 adapter card on my mobo in PCI-E Slot 5 with x8 lanes... what i do get is 1095 mb reads and 905 mb writes when using AS SSD, but this one i overprovisioned to 400 GB from its usual 475 GB capacity, because when you use it at 475GB, its performance goes down 200 MB/s for some reason.
Honestly, 50% OC is like, very good, 33% OC is decently good. (5960x)But yea, the voltage/Ghz wall is a lot closer on the 4790k than the 5960x due to their wildly different base clocks, they're on both opposite ends of the spectrum.Essentially, the 4790k is a 4770k OCed to decent 4 Ghz for us already by Intel, the 5960x is kept at 3 ghz base clock just to keep within the 140w TDP. If they went for 200w TDP, they could do 3.8-4ghz base clock.
We need marketing like the consoles manufacturers do to pimp their consoles, but to point out everything good about PC. However who is the One entity to represent us? Valve is the closest candidate, but we have to agree we have somewhat of a problem getting the word out to the mainstream.
No, its the console makers being too cheap to put in at least a 7950 spec GPU, for a start. And the devs only asked for 8gb unified ram, everything else is left up to Sony and MS to decide.