Posts by GuardianAngel237

Ok cool. Thanks for the info. I guess I'll add that to my cart whenever I get around to buying my bracket from dwood. Do you know if the fan for the VRAM is necessary? What about a heatsink for the voltage regulator?
I'm confused; I tried this on my Nvidia card and so know the basic procedure (made a serious error in my exuberance and bricked the card) but it sounds like the process is slightly different on the AMD cards. I'm planning on getting one of Dwood's brackets (probably the fan one, though I have a 140mm fan blowing right on the card so may not need it) but what I want to know is what's this about a shim and why do I need one? If I do need one, which one should I buy and how...
Sounds like a certain quarian mechanic. Um, you have too much airflow when your sheepdog winds up bald during shedding season.
As additional information, I have two Cooler Master Excalibur case fans posted in front and behind my Zalman 9700LED CPU heatsink. Temps didn't drop upon installation of either.
Hey all. I've been struggling with temps for a while now and I wanted to determine if what I was getting was normal for my specific CPU cooler. I checked on FrostyTech and according to their synthetic benchmarks I should be getting significantly lower temps under load. Here are the graphs OCCT spit back after running a test for a while. I believe the model of my cooler is in my sig but if it isn't I'll update it. And finally, my main overclock: I have reason to...
Hey all, I'm just doing my mandatory recheck of cooling on my CPU. A while back I ran some tests in OCCT and couldn't complete the Linpack test without going over the manufacturer recommended spec for temperature. Now obviously this isn't overheating per se but I prefer to not get anywhere close to that temperature (70C). So what I'm looking for is a CPU cooler that isn't homebuilt water cooling that will drop my max temp of 70C down significantly (~10C) if such a thing...
Do NOT raise your Front Side Bus (FSB) clock too much or too quickly: Be conservative in your expectations and build in 100 Mhz increments. Do NOT twiddle with voltages that you do not understand. If you don't know what an acronym stands for don't change it and look it up: Granted this one can be quite tricky as there aren't too many reasonable articles on the subject designed around beginners. Most drown the reader under a barrage of technical details to try and help an...
Yeah, I just need a fan that blows air. My heatsink is alright right now, I don't think I'm going to need to upgrade it.Also, does anyone know of a ball bearing case fan, I've heard they are more reliable than a sleeve bearing fan.
Hey all. I'm in need of a new case fan for both my computer and my parent's computer. Her's is custom built by someone other than me and the fan in mine is a cheap thermaltake I picked up at Radioshack a while back. Both are failing. What I'm looking for is a case fan that one of you knows from personal experience to be reliable, that has a relatively high throughput, and that is 120mm. Thanks in advance, and sorry if I don't get back to you quickly, college is ramping...
Quote: Originally Posted by KingT Up CPU Termination voltage to 1.30 - 1.34V Get that CPU ref of AUTO and play with it (above 0.730V) MCH core voltage is too low..set it to 1.30V REF voltage needs to be adjusted to stabilize core that errors.. It is not memory issue.. Test with P95 LARGE FFT test for @ least 6h (12h FTW) CHEERS.. I set the CPU ref to about .810V and the MCH core to 1.3. I only have problems when I change the RAM...