Posts by KorbenD

Plus good luck getting warranty service if you take the drive out of an external enclosure.
$140 plus shipping from Microcenter. http://www.microcenter.com/product/441064/5TB_7,200_RPM_SATA_III_60Gb-s_35_Desktop_Internal_Hard_Drive_PH3500U-1I72 Got two of them recently and they're extremely fast and working flawlessly.
This sale is either back or ongoing. Picked up two of the 5 TB flavors of this drive a couple of weeks ago. They're a bit noisier during access than my previous drives, but they are *fast*. 215 MB/s max read speed, 165 MB/s min, 191 MB/s, average, 8.1 ms access time during my testing. They're about twice as fast as the 2 TB and 3 TB 7200 rpm Seagates they replaced. Thinking about getting one or two more this weekend too.
Basic Discovery Scanner has a range of 500 ls.Intermediate has a range of 1000 ls.Advanced has no range limit.Keep in mind the Detailed Surface Scanner is a supplement to the Discovery scanners. It can't be used on its own.
The only game I've pre-ordered in years was Alien: Isolation. And I was very happy with it. Best game (IMO) based on the franchise yet released, and I've played every one of them from the Atari 2600 Alien, the C64 version, and all the way up to the incredibly crappy Aliens: Colonial Marines. However, for the most part there isn't much point in pre-ordering. You rarely get a significant discount, and extras are often lackluster. Better to wait until the state of the...
How are they forcing you to buy the pre-order? Simply don't buy it. Wait until after the release and read reviews and forums to see what condition the game is in. Or wait well after release and buy it once it's discounted.
Plex is good, but in my experience Serviio plays much more nicely with Sony's DLNA equipment. It's free, give it a try. www.serviio.org Be sure to select the correct DLNA profile once you have it set up.
Sorry, WiFi is disabled in the BIOS in mine since I use the wired connection.My only suggestion would be to make sure you're using the very latest drivers. Look on www.station-drivers.com for updated versions.
Mine idles at 34-35 C with the monitor set at 144hz in a Fortress FT02 case. Not sure why this bug is affecting some people, but not others. Running 344.16 drivers.
Probably a silly question, but you *do* have the external antenna connected, right?