Posts by Ch13f121

You're correct, the JEDEC/XMP timings were probably against Skylake/Kaby Lake, considering that platform has been out for a while now.I'd agree with you that mixing ram kits is a bad idea but problems with that seem to be more common with manufacturers who don't make their own memory chips (Corsair, GSkill, Geil, basically everyone except for Samsung and Crucial).Crucial sources all of their stuff from their parent company Micron so generally from what I've seen a given...
Just a quick update on this.After doing the above and updating to the 0083 bios (AGESA 1.0.0.4a along with their other tweaks), I've been able to cold boot this system several times without any shenanigans.It seems to be running great!So for people having issues with 4 sticks, give these things a try. If I have any other issues I'm going to look into buying a set of QVL listed 32GB kits or 64GB DDR4-2400+ kits, and returning my current ram kits.
CPU-Z lists the JEDEC timings as slightly looser variations of 1200MHZ XMP timings..So instead of 16-16-16-39-55 it's something like 18-16-16 or 20-16-16.I ended up having to wipe settings and reflash Bios 0083.From there I got one stick booting at DDR4 2400 at 18-18-18-40-58, with 1.3v dimm on bootup. I set the normal dimm voltage to 1.25.After that I put the 2nd stick in and made sure it booted, and then put the other two sticks in and made sure it booted and recognized...
I hope it's as big as it's being hyped up to be. This is some major craziness lol
Ok this is making me angry enough to start posting here again haha. I've been dormant for years because Intel made me a lazy system builder. I haven't had this much trouble with a new system since the Athlon 64 days. So I have a Ryzen 7 1800x system with a Crosshair VI Hero. I bought initially a 32gb set of Crucial Ballistix Sport BLS16G4D240FSB.16FAD, and then added another 32gb kit of the same ram. Same model number and everything. The timings on this ram according...
I'm not one to comment on these things, and I'm not a super avid Corsair fan outside of your cases and a few other items, but the sails and the serif font logo are what I know you guys by.It's like the Microsoft Windows logo or the multicolored Google logo, it's something that identifies you as a company and that's extremely hard to do. I mean who knows GSkill's logo? Coolermaster? Coolermaster doesn't even have an iconic logo, they have a slew of them that they just...
I dunno if anyone has corrected you, but I don't think you're familiar with how Google Photo, Skydrive/Onedrive, and iCloud work.If you take a picture with your iPhone and it's linked to iCloud, iCloud will AUTOMATICALLY back up things unless you tell it not to in settings.That means if you delete it from your phone like you state, it's still in the cloud backed up for you. This is really handy for families and stuff where you might have several YEARS worth of photos...
They barely make any difference on games that are designed properly, my SSD runs pretty much for fast booting and Windows stuff, I store most of my programs on an HDD because they just load into memory anyway.
I guarantee Microsoft wrote Respawn a huge check to make Titanfall a flagship game on the Xbox One / PC and keep it off of the PS4.
Ahh so the non-retarded part of the state.Makes sense, that part of the state is the only part that's even close to the 21st century.If you can get WOW though definitely go for it. Way better than Comcast or ATT in general.