Posts by Tonza

Does it really matter?, 2x 140mm fans are still sucking air in and predator is exhausting them?.
Managed to fix my noise from the 360 predator, it was some sort of annoying bearing noise. My CPU fan header was set to "SMART", which resulted that the unit was running 1700rpm, in other words pretty high. Tried in steps how it affects to noise, and so far i have set the unit running 40% (around 1050rpm), and PC is now virtually silent. Grinding/Bearing noise starts to come after 1200rpm or so, im starting to think its not the pump, it might be the fans. Usually im not...
Thanks for explanation, decided to try and remove top panel completely just for the science, temperatures dropped 7-8 degrees... Think i will show some dremel to this top panel and cut piece off from it and put something like this to cover it and make it nice looking. https://www.overclockers.co.uk/demciflex-dustfilter-set-for-360mm-radiator-black-black-cm-034-df.html
Here is mine: Case is absolutely fantastic, temperatures are very high tho in this one, probably the hottest case ever made (major design flaw with the front panel and top panel), i had Corsair 650D temporarily before this and had 240 predator cooling the 5820K, i was idling like 28-30C, now with Evolv ATX and bigger brother 360 Predator, my setup idles over 40C (load temps are also higher, but nothing too bad, but still!). Any suggestions how to make temperatures...
My replacement rev 1.1 Predator 360 pump is also making annoying noise, to be honest im not going to take it all apart and fix it myself, this thing costs 300 euro here, one would really expect it to work out of the box without any problems. I had rev 1.0 Predator 240 before, it´s pump was not making any audible noises.
Anyone here cooling Haswell-E + 980Ti (or similar) with a single 360 predator? How are the temps. Sent my 240 back to my local shop and they sent me 360 in exhange since i changed my mind and will add my GPU also when blocks are available.
Cba to read all pages, but im planning to put Kraken G10 to my MSI 980Ti Gaming, i guess X31 will be more than enough, or should i get X41?. My card is awesome overclocker, does 1504/2000 on stock volts, but stock cooler starts to be on its limits temperature wise.
I just bought this Predator 240 unit couple days ago, it arrived, did not install it to my brand new X99 setup, since there was no screws with it (readed about it later, i thought 250 euro cooler would have 3 eur screws with it but no)... Then i ordered the screws from EK web shop 2 days ago, paid nearly 20 euro for DHL shipping so i can get them fast, but no, they shipped them today... And now i have been reading about this leaking issue, absolutely fantastic, i bought...
Im going to put stop now for this PSU topic, first of all i asked while ago that can i run GTX 780 SLI on stock settings (DCII OC models) and a 2700K @ 4,8Ghz on 650W quality unit, everyone basically said solid NO (1000-1200W recommendations mostly). Well i have now back my Seasonic 660W platinum and i decided to run this setup since i pretty much knew it cannot draw insane numbers, and yes i was right, highest what i have seen from wall is 630W in the last 3Dmark...
Am i missing something here, but how GTX 780 SLI needs 1000W psu to be safe? Lets do some calculations here, lets say that all is on stock settings and we combine all parts TDP. CPU: 90W GPU1: 250W GPU2: 250W mobo + SSD´s: like 50W max We are now sitting at 640W at the very maximum what the system can draw from wall, and to get this kind of numbers you need to punish your system with furmark + Linx AVX. Im pretty sure the HX650 can run GTX 780 SLI with my 2700K @ 4,7Ghz...