Posts by Tonza

So i had leaking waterblock and needed to slap my stock turbo cooler on which is way too loud for my taste and runs hot -> Decided to try downvolting with the afterburner voltage/clock curve (With waterblock and shunt mod i was stable with 2100mhz core and stock 1.062V). Anyway, just impressive results, card is stable at 2025mhz with just 0.975V (GPU-Z reports around 0.98V in load), runs like over 10C cooler and is not killing my ears now.
Tried to browse pages back, but where has this 2000 dollar price tag been posted?. Starts to be very expensive "gaming" stuff, also seeing how hilarously bad quality control these "gaming" monitors usually have, i would not expect nothing else than 100% perfect panel for this price (which will not be the case for sure).
Okay, sounds good, odd that EK says it wont fit .
Does the stock backplate need any modifications with EK block?
Gamernexus has 1080Ti FE AIO build log, they put EVGA hybrid cooler to the stock shroud and it makes contact.
This thing is a monster, dat GPU score (31594). Maximum for my card seems to be +200 core (2076mhz boost) and +350mhz mem. Getting waterblock next week, so i dont need to play my cheeks flapping, this stock cooler is so loud, can feel the air flowing through my body. http://www.3dmark.com/fs/12025698
i was excited back then about the performance, but not so excited about the 1300 euros price, since i knew Ti is coming eventually. Anyway, canĀ“t wait to get mine, preordered day one, true upgrade to 980Ti which has served very well all these years (only couple ubisoft titles doesnt run good enough @ 3440x1440 maxed out, this card should give steady 60fps in everything, until new ubisoft ports surface ).
My MSI 980Ti Gaming does 1500 core on stock volts and stock bios (1.192V in load), and 1560 core with custom bios and 1.25V. Memory also does +500mhz, personally im waiting 1080Ti or so before i start upgrading, runs everything i throw at it with 3440x1440 nicely.
in what world you guys are living in?, do you really think that Nvidia will release predecessor for 980ti (their best card currently) for much less and is like 50% faster like you speculate. I can tell you a secret, no nvidia will not release card priced like that, prepare for 970 and 980 prices and deal with it, then later on they release Pascal Titan which costs same as the current Titan X, following couple months and then they will release pascal Ti with GTX1080 price...
My GPU was in major stress after putting EK block, the thing weights a ton so there was little sag. Made this ghetto support thingie at work to keep it straight, works nicely and looks pretty nice :>