Posts by Agenesis

So how reliable is the UD4 now after all the bios updates? Also is there a performance difference on x99 when using a single high capacity stick of ram versus two smaller ones?
Withdrawn
I'm using the big round one by honeywell. It's got a permanent filter and only draws 35w on the lowest setting. I've had it for 4 years so far and it's still going strong. You can find it on Amazon and it'll run you about $120~$150.
IBT at standard settings doing 100 loops will usually reveal any severe instability. If it passes I like to move on to prime95 small ffts for around 2 hours. Most cpu instability will reveal itself within that period, often within 5~30 minutes. Once it passes the small ffts you're semi stable so I just let it run bend or IBT with 95% of the ram. Prime95 blend running 24 hours is more or less bullet proof and IBT at max settings doing 20 loops will be stable enough for...
The fan speed will be tied to the cpu temperature. Increasing the cpu temperature will cause the fans to speed up. You're much better off investing in a fan controller for sound management rather than relying on foam. I bought a $100 worth of foam to sound treat my case and the difference was only slightly more than negligible. My $40 scythe fan controller from 5 years ago is still going strong to this day and it's easily one of my best purchases.
Thanks, I figured it's a nice alternative for those looking to buy a x5660 but doesn't want to try their luck playing the silicon lottery.
Up for sale is a x5650. I bought a few of these a while back and ended up with two of the same batch that have the same overclockability. This chip is a fairly capable overclocker but as with all overclocking your results will vary depending on your motherboard and hardware setup. So far as stability goes I've passed 20 runs of IBT and 24 hours of Prime95 at 4.6ghz with 1600 ram. Further tweaking has allowed me to bump the ram to 2100mhz showing the memory controller is...
Thanks for the update! I was just little frustrated since the whole process felt like I was walking in the dark. A ticket system would be great if you guys have plans on updating the system in the near future As for the PSU it was causing all sorts of odd system behaviors such as refusing to start up, shutting down in the bios, boot loop, all while working 100% stress test stable the day before. The symptoms would appear randomly and it drove me mad for weeks until I...
1.45v vcore, 1.35 vtt, 1.4 qpi, 1.37 pll, 1.1 ioh, 1.2v ich. Also 1.63v for the ram running at 2100mhz. The vcore is fine as long as you can keep your temps in check. The max I've reached after 24 hours of prime is 81c but they generally hover around 55c when gaming. These chips can run 4ghz at a relatively low vcore around 1.25~1.3 but past a certain point, say 4.2 or 4.3 you'll need to go into the 1.4 areas.
From what I've found the uncore multiplier doesn't matter as long as you stay around 3800 for stability. Anything higher will depend on your motherboard. IOH is the NB voltage and might increase your stability if you're running multiple gpus. At 4.6ghz I left my IOH at stock 1.1v. ICH controls your peripherals and sata controllers. Increasing it might help if you're running a high oc or high blck. On my L5639 4GHz I had it on stock but for my 4.6ghz 5650 I needed 1.2v for...