Posts by Agenesis

Tested 4 5820k this week and all of them couldn't even last 1 minute at 4.5ghz with 1.35v and 1.95 vccin. Only the 5820k I bought near release did 4.5ghz but some cores would fail after an hour or so. One chip wasn't even stable at stock lol. The cpus were all bought from Newegg and the tests were prime avx and aida fpu. 5930k consistently outclocked the 5820k but not by much. I know 7 samples hardly mean anything but it looks like newer chips oc pretty horribly.
Hm from Asus's own spec page both utilizes the same 8+4 phase power delivery.
Would there be any overclocking differences between the X99-A and the Deluxe? I'm on a Deluxe right now and a feature I really only use is the onboard power button since I'm running a test bench. I don't use Ethernet and I have a STX for sound. So the only thing really stopping me is the power delivery system and if it can handle a 4.3ghz 5820k/5930k.
I'm getting some phantom sensors appearing on adia64. I usually don't mind it but when it suddenly appears and says 105c then disappearing again it caught my attention. I have the ai suite open also so perhaps a polling error mentioned a few pages back? Edit: caught it again, it said "temperature #2"
Anyone here using realbench 264 infinite feature? Is it the same as x264 those 1150 haswell guys are using?
Does this motherboard have a protective plastic film covering the 4 heatsink mounting holes? e.g., can you see light through it?
Works and looks great. Nothing wrong with it, I just moved back to custom watercooling. It's one of the best performers in the closed loop world with nifty features such as a built in fan controller, color changing led based on load, pump speed / liquid temperature monitoring and much more. Of course if you don't care about those features you can just plug it into a standard fan header and it'll be ready to go. Retail box not included. Includes all necessary mounting...
Few weeks ago somebody was smashing my front door as if they were trying to break in. I won't lie it frightened me quite a bit and I was ready to grab something to defend myself and call the cops. I looked out the window and...Turned out to be the lasership guy banging on the door because he gave me the wrong package and wanted it back. Christ.I get a ton of packages so I never really check the name. That and what I ordered was $6 worth of solder so who would be excited to...
I've also had USB ports disappear on me with my deluxe, only the last two ports next to the WiFi connectors. Not sure if they're controlled by Intel or asmedia but it disconnects when they feel like it.It's probably a software kink and I'm sure asus will work it out...soon.My t max is set to 105, but I've got aida to shut down at 95c or if my pump hits 0 rpm.I think 85c is too low imo. 1.3v and above you're more or less guaranteed to hit that if you accidentally run...
Yes power virus and all that, read it all. My 4.3 oc passes prime 24 hours stable peaking at 87c and at 4.6 I can run those baby stress tests all day without breaking 60c.It's a personal choice and I feel much more comfortable knowing I can't name an application that can crash my system. It's a 300mhz sacrifice, but I can deal with it.I think due to the overclocking leaderboard people gets a skewed view of what these chips are actually capable of. Most people buy these and...