Posts by choLOL

I got around overclocking my chip again, due to BF1 beta, trying to see if there's any difference. I just noticed that in HWiNFO, the Power (Input) of this chip reaches 166.500W. Is this normal? I just saw it today. +reps to anyone who can clear up this power input level thing. Thanks! Vcore at 1.232V max for 4.3GHz, and I can't go any lower than that. It also seems that my chip has reached its thermal wall, so 4.3GHz might be my best OC with this chip.
Hey guys, does anyone know if Overwatch benefits from overclocking the cpu and/or gpu?
I agree. I've used 2 AMD cards since 2012; both ran great together with AMD's drivers. Like huzzug said, the only drawback I see is the relatively longer time for drivers which have game optimizations to be released.Performance is good, I haven't really experienced a driver crash yet. I haven't tried overclocking my GPU though.
I personally chose to put a filtered intake fan on the side panel. While I did fix my cable routing, there are still some cables slightly obstructing the bottom fan air flow. I think the difference isn't noticeable.
Hey guys, anyone know why my r9 280x never reaches boost clocks? PowerColor says the core clock is 880 MHz, then boosts to 1030 MHz. I ran Unigine Valley, and the core clock never went past 880 MHz. I've OC'ed my processor a couple of years ago, and now I'm trying to OC my GPU. I haven't done anything to my GPU clocks yet, just wanted to see my stock performance in Unigine Valley. I use Afterburner and HWiNFO64 to monitor my GPU stats. I used Unigine Valley in Extreme HD...
We're using an Asus Z170 Pro Gaming board right now and an i5 6600k. I really don't trust the one-click overclocking solutions, they usually supply excessive VCore.These are the settings I've changed so far:1. (I don't remember what setting exactly) CPU Ratio applies to all cores2. Multiplier to 463. Load Line Calibration (under DIGI+ VRM) to level 34. CPU Core Voltage to 1.295. Disabled spread spectrum, CPU C-states (under advanced > CPU Config > CPU Power Management...
Thanks for the response, +rep! Okay. I changed those settings. Present UEFI settings: LLC: level 6 (from level 3) VCore (manual): 1.32 (from 1.35) C-states: disabled (from enabled) My friend told me he only wants 4.6GHz, so we went from 47 to 46. I'm using HWiNFO64, CPU-Z and HWMonitor to check the pc stats, and p95v29p (blend) to stress test. VCore: 1.376 V Max core temp (max): 85 *C Max core temp (ave.): 68 *C Gonna reduce the VCore a bit more to lower the temps, I...
I'm overclocking my friend's 6600k, am I doing things correctly? Cooler is a CM Hyper 212+, motherboard is a Asus Z170 Pro Gaming It's now at 4.7GHz, 1.312-1.344 volts VCore (according to CPU-Z and HWiNFO), max temps are 81 degrees C, minimum temps are 30 deg C. I'm stress testing with p95v289 (blend, small FFTs, and custom) These are the only changes I made to the UEFI Multiplier: 44 VCore: (Manual) 1.35 V LLC: Level 3 I didn't change anything not mentioned above, such...
Yes, the card will fit the 410. The card is 277mm long, and the phantom can house 305mm long cards w/o the hdd cage fan, and 280mm long cards with the fan. Yes, the psu can handle the system. I built a friend of mine a PC with almost the same specs, and we OC'd his 6600k to 4.5 GHz just fine.
The technology isn't 100% complete yet, but this is a huge step in research. Everything has to start somewhere. So saying, or even implying, this tech discovery (and AirCarbon) is useless is ignorant. I'm a chemical engineering student, and we feed our theses with incomplete technologies such as this to further the tech. Most, if not all, discoveries do not work on day 1.