Posts by CarlosSpiceyWeiner

It won't be long until smart people lease T3 lines or some form of dedicated trunks and sell it to their neighbors.
signed
Thank you both for the responses. I will be re-applying the thermal paste this weekend and digging through my spare parts bin for a 120mm fan that I know I have laying around
Hey folks, Been a while since I've posted in here.....feels good to be back! Anyways; I've got a GTX 570, it's starting to get a bit hot. Currently everything is as it was from the factory. I've got a full RASA 360 kit in my desktop, cooling my no longer overclocked CPU. Is it worth buying a waterblock for the GPU? Or are there other cheap tricks to help remove a fair amount of the heat from a GPU such as mine? My initial thoughts are to re-apply the thermal paste. I've...
It's open, join in if you want to play! We've got a few active friendly folks in here! open the console (F1) and to a "net.connect 208.117.11.139:28015" Enjoy! C.S.W.
No need to get defensive.I'm anxious to see your progress, but you won't get many supporters with an attitude like this.
Looking to hide a tiny computer minitx behind my television. I know onboard graphics have come a long way and I want to get away with being able to play SOME games on my living room television without needing a graphics card. It's been a while since I've built anything that didn't use a video card and I'm just curious what the best is today? Many thanks, C.S.W.
I'd be very interested in seeing how you make out without a metal heat sync. I did this a while back and I never tried it without the heat sync. One thing to caution you is that the thermal paste WILL dissolve between the heat sync and the CPU. As will any other thermal paste within the rig (components you didn't even know had thermal paste on it will stop working!) It's certainly a fun project! I'm anxious to see how you make out
You have a point
You present a simple solution, one of which my wife would surely not approve of. At one point when I was into console gaming and my wifi bridge went out, I ran a 100' ethernet cable to my xbox....wife was not happy