Posts by Fortunex

Games are generally in alpha for much longer than 1.5 years...
That is what you said though. Unless you think that the dudes coding the new network architecture or renderer take breaks from that to go design a new town or something. The Alpha released what? A year and a half ago? I don't know why you think they need to step it up - unless you think that games only take a year or two to make with a small team.I've listed things they're making progress on, and several of those things are currently in the game. If you want more: the food...
I don't know why you think you have to explain that - that's exactly what I've been pointing out to you. That they are working on everything at once. You were the one complaining that they were doing that, you said you wanted them to not work on multiple things at once, you want them to fix the core game first.You said that right here:Actually I did. Right here:If you can't think of anything, that's fine, just say so. How long ago was that post?And where else have I...
That's what they're doing. But you're complaining about it:Make up your mind.Can you give some examples?I don't follow either of those, I get my information mainly from watching streamers play the game.I'm just anti-circlejerk, one way or the other. If there were people singing Bohemia's praises and acting like the game was amazing, I'd point out some of the many flaws the game has and the problems so far with development. I don't like arguments like yours, that are based...
Wait so now you do want the art and map teams to do stuff? But you just said they should work on fixing the game first. So which is it?I don't see how me not playing in a year has any relevance at all to whether you've been playing. I at least follow the game enough through streamers, patch notes, discussions, etc. to know what's been added and how its faring, whereas it doesn't seem like you do. Either that, or you're just ignoring progress so you can feel justified in...
I'm hardly invested in the game at all. I haven't played in about a year, because the game is in a pretty bad state right now.Again you demonstrate your lack of knowledge and reasoning. What're the art team, the map team, etc. supposed to do while the AI guys and network guys fix the core of the game? You want them to just wait around? Would that make you feel better?What makes you think they aren't going through and polishing up the game? They have been making a lot of...
No, the mod certainly was not more playable than this. Constant hacking, completely broken loot mechanics, abysmal inventory management, etc., I think you're living in nostalgiaville.I don't think you understand the difference between a mod and a new game. Let's clear this up.Just about every "mod" you play in ArmA 3 is just a set of scripts running in the ArmA engine. Every single thing in the DayZ mod, from the zombies to the loot to hunger and sickness, are just...
You think the mod was a solid framework? LOL.The ArmA engine is the most unresponsive, bloated piece of crap on the market. It's taking them a very long time, but they're slowly getting rid of it piece by piece.They've already explained why there hasn't been much progress. They took that tens of millions of dollars and shoved it into those 25 new developers, the new office space, etc.. They spent the first year+ just scaling up so that they can start working at a much...
Leadership. Knowing how to corral your team to do objectives (and knowing when to do objectives) is half of solo queue. This is easier as a mid or jungler, as you have greater influence over other lanes and can set up kills/objectives much easier than as an ADC or support.
I'd love an RX7, but finding one that's been properly maintained is super hard, and I don't want to deal with a rotary that hasn't been taken care of.