Posts by Fortunex

I dunno, it was easy enough for me to read your post and see that the only part of it relevant to the Dunning-Krueger effect was that last sentence. Did you not read the page they linked to?
I think Cyro was agreeing with you m8.You saidand Cyro linked to a wiki page describing that phenomenon.Stay defensive, tho.
Regardless of whether or not you find that particular brand of entertainment entertaining, you do see the value of entertainment. Sports are to other people what video games or Twitch are to you - and you wouldn't say that game developers or streamers don't contribute to society (I hope).
Do you not see the value in entertainment?
I think you have an extremely flawed view on competitive video gaming. Do you think that they literally just play for fun and get paid for it? It takes thousands of hours of dedicated practice to become good enough to get on these professional teams. That's why they get paid for it. It doesn't matter that they previously did it for fun. I know many people that took a hobby they did in their spare time and turned it into their living. Things like doing car stereos, building...
Games are generally in alpha for much longer than 1.5 years...
That is what you said though. Unless you think that the dudes coding the new network architecture or renderer take breaks from that to go design a new town or something. The Alpha released what? A year and a half ago? I don't know why you think they need to step it up - unless you think that games only take a year or two to make with a small team.I've listed things they're making progress on, and several of those things are currently in the game. If you want more: the food...
I don't know why you think you have to explain that - that's exactly what I've been pointing out to you. That they are working on everything at once. You were the one complaining that they were doing that, you said you wanted them to not work on multiple things at once, you want them to fix the core game first.You said that right here:Actually I did. Right here:If you can't think of anything, that's fine, just say so. How long ago was that post?And where else have I...
That's what they're doing. But you're complaining about it:Make up your mind.Can you give some examples?I don't follow either of those, I get my information mainly from watching streamers play the game.I'm just anti-circlejerk, one way or the other. If there were people singing Bohemia's praises and acting like the game was amazing, I'd point out some of the many flaws the game has and the problems so far with development. I don't like arguments like yours, that are based...
Wait so now you do want the art and map teams to do stuff? But you just said they should work on fixing the game first. So which is it?I don't see how me not playing in a year has any relevance at all to whether you've been playing. I at least follow the game enough through streamers, patch notes, discussions, etc. to know what's been added and how its faring, whereas it doesn't seem like you do. Either that, or you're just ignoring progress so you can feel justified in...