Posts by Melcar

So Amazon has been in Mexico a while now and I can finally get some decent stuff. Ordered a bunch of stuff last weekend, among them a NH-D15. The Frio Extreme I had was driving me nuts, so after a few weeks of having it I just decided to change it. Some pics: Here you can see both coolers side by side. The Frio was running two TY-143 fans and so will the NH-D15. The fin stacks on the Frio are a bit taller and it does seem to have a few more of them. However, the...
Thermaltake Frio Extreme. Those clips are a real pain to work with. The mounting on this thing is flimsy, but it seems to hold everything together nicely. I really want those 140mm Jetflos now .
Speaking of YL fans, can you believe my old ass medium speed Loons lasted longer than some of my Jetflos? Those suckers are close to 10 years old (not in use all that time mind you) and have worked through all manner of dust build up. Maybe I just got unlucky with my Jetflos, but some of them are already rattling and droning. Slickeflows are junk by the way. At full blast they are like 30dba or so. They do seem to have good static pressure even when up against a...
The exited the desktop consumer market. They were known for their high class overclocking boards, but they eventually got moved aside by the likes of Asus and Gigabyte with their newbie friendly OC boards. I still got and old 790FX-M2RS on a secondary rig. I remember when the DFI U.S boards shut down. It was like the Apocalypse.
Basically what I said and what you already said. I don't know why you keep repeating it.
Set all front fans as intake and any rear panel fans as exhaust. The rear fan on the top panel can be either intake or exhaust, or simply block off that vent. A fan there makes very little difference in overall cooling if you have proper airflow already. Experiment a bit and see what works for you best.
Don't have adjacent fans in the same panel going in different directions. If they are perpendicular to each other then it's okay. What you want is uniformity in airflow.
Use the top vents on your front panel as an intake, placing a fan in there if you can. That top rear vent can be either intake or exhaust, or just close it off. Negligible temp. differences with either three (assuming a front to back oriented tower cooler), so just do what you prefer.
I don't know. That's how I have it currently. Under full load I can feel a greater amount of warm air coming out not only from the rear exhaust fan, but also from the top most PCI slot. Obviously I wouldn't put a stronger fan on the top panel than either the CPU or case exhausts (all three are Jetflos running at the same speed). Since both the CPU and case exhausts are pushing air in the same direction, the air from the intake top fan will just follow that same flow. ...
The rear most top panel fan as intake. Provided you have a tower CPU cooler in a front to back orientation and a rear exhaust, with vented PCI slots. I found that this setup works a bit better as opposed to having that rear top panel fan as exhaust as far as VRM cooling is concerned. No, that top fan won't be sucking hot exhaust from the rear fan neither will it be pushing against your CPU cooler's exhaust. You will be forcing cool air down through the VRM's and it...