Posts by Melcar

Oh wow, I can't remember all of it. Lets see... Started with an old Dell my stepmom got as a family PC. Pentium II @ 333MHz, 64MB of RAM, 6GB HDD, some crappy integrated video chip with 4MB shared memory (hey, it ran all my games), 800x600 CRT, running Windows 95. I had that for a few years. Didn't really start building PCs until my first years in college. First system consisted of an AMD Athlon 1300, 128 MB of RAM, some generic ECS board, a nividia FX5200, 20GB HDD,...
I have 7 fans connected to a Swiftech splitter. They all run at specs. The splitter can take up to 10 fans, so I assume 10 would be a safe limit.
I'm always amazed that CM is always releasing these crazy gizmos that in the end don't really work. They where one of the first come out with CLC units, they had that hybrid peltier cooler. It's like they don't have an engineering review board or something and are lead by a bunch of tweakers and hobbyists with no real technical background.
I had the g402. Gave it to my kid brother when I got the g502. I find both of them to be better suited for a hybrid claw/palm, at least for me. I usually palm the g502, but my hand gets sore after a while and I have to switch to a claw grip. I have the same problem with the g402, but to a lesser extent. I prefer the g402 actually, but I just like the extra keys on the g502 and have gotten used to them. I have smallish hands, but I find both devices to be a bit too...
I would not bother with turbo core if you are overclocking. More headaches.
Fan on the side panel would be useful, specially if you have vented PCI covers (or no covers). I would keep the top vent covered unless you have a big tower CPU cooler with a fast fan (even then a top fan would only create more noise and turbulence). In before doyll.
The FHP141 is not the first or only fan with such switch. Thermaltake made in the past several "VR" fans with little integrated switches on the fans (not exactly the same, but similar enough I say). Antect I think came up with a few too. They do sometimes fail, eventually. If anything, it's another point of failure in the fan that a user will have to keep in mind.
Thinking of changing my case fans, so need suggestions. Current setup is three front Scythe Grand Flex intakes and one Glide Stream 140 side intake. It's alright cooling wise and the fans run quiet (all hooked to CPU PWM signal) and I like the sound signature at full blast (not too intrusive or aggressive). Want to change because why not. Have two options right now: - Noctua IPPC fans. - EK Vardar fans Price/availability wise both options are about the same. The...
This new BIOS is probably meant for the R3.0 and Asus just ported it over. "Hey kids, we have not forgotten you guys. Here is a brand new BIOS". Oh well, gives me an excuse to test my over clock again.Temps. are the same for me too. Are those readings idle while in your OS or idle at the BIOS screen
This new BIOS is probably meant for the R3.0 and Asus just ported it over. "Hey kids, we have not forgotten you guys. Here is a brand new BIOS". Oh well, gives me an excuse to test my over clock again.