Posts by Melcar

If he need OpenGL4.x then they won't work for him. In other news, Pillars of Eternity is out. It's cheaper on Steam, but I prefer my games from GoG. Downloading now. Lets see how well it works on the open source drivers.
Took some double sided velcro pads and attached two 80mm slim CM fans. They fit nicely there. Some Silvestone Utrafines to quiet the Jetflos on the CPU cooler. Those suckers climb up to 2300rpm when attached to dense heatsinks/radiators and they scream. No real loss in cooling ability with the filters. Still a bit loud, but the noise is much more agreeable.
Hot air rising is not a problem in PC cases, unless you have a few really slow fans (1 or 2). Air will go where you push it. A top intake is not bad, but it depends on how your overall cooling setup is arranged. I run a single tower cooler that exhaust towards the back. My case has room for two 120mm fans on the top panel, but the CPU cooler sits right under the forward vent. If that vent were a bit more towards the front then I can set it as an intake, but as it is it...
Case modding time! Drill some holes on it .
So I heard FrozenCPU closed...
I have something similar to #4, except that I have 3 front intakes (one 120mm fan inside the 5.25" bay). All my PCI covers are vented. All fans are CM Jetflos hooked up to a Swiftech PWM hub. Most, if not all of the hot air pumped out my the CPU cooler is blown out by the top rear fan, making the rear exhaust pretty much useless. Already tried top intakes and a side exhaust. Did not notice much difference really in regards to temps, except that with all top intakes...
There is really no discussion thought. I got ripped off from fcpu. Whatever. Don't buy from them again. Move on. They may open up again? Thanks but no. Sucks for those people that had orders in the hundreds of dollars range. If I where them I would be seeking legal action.
In before lock.
My CPU/NB is about the same. It can do 2400Mhz with stock volts, 2600Mhz needs 1.35v, 2700Mhz 1.45v. This is as long I keep the CPU itself at 4.4Ghz. If I bump the core to say 4.6GHz then the CPU/NB needs 0.25v extra to reach the same speeds. But I do have all four dimms populated with 32GB of 1866Mhz RAM, so that's that. Temps. do go up, and since performance other than in synthetics doesn't change much (even there I can't notice much at all), I see no point pushing...
They are protecting us.