Posts by The Sandman

As odd as it may seem the 360 in front as intake would work best.The exhaust off the rad really isn't that hot and when it mixes with the air already in the case, the temp difference over all (inside the case) normally won't change much at all. My case runs 3 rads all as intake (check rig sig) with one 140mm exhaust. This Xigmatek case is different as it has a huge steel mess insert (240mm x 280mm) within the clear window on the left case cover with a 200mm fan which has...
Cooled it while doing what?I'm guessing it was throttling.How about a snip showing said chip running IBT AVX version set to Very High for 10-20 runs or Prime95 on Blend for even an hour. (check back a few posts to get an idea)Neither the H80 or Hyper 212 will even come close to taming this beast. Many have tried, all have failed. Unless under volting is your thing (or you live in the Arctic Circle).As for the size of the H80 lol, Chrisjames61 said it well. Absolutely...
Without proper cooling the 9590 isn't worth the trouble. IMHO 60mm x 360 at minimum. Same for the 8350 etc when we start taking about 5GHz.I have been running what you see in rig sig for two years trouble free at 5117MHz 24 hr P95 stable with 1.488v in bios (bounces between 1.488 and 1.5v idle in win 10) and a steady 1.512v under load.That ole familiar saying "budget parts = budget results" has never been more true. [[SPOILER]] Will it work? Probably. Check the "Official...
I just saw these this morning wow! Wouldn't you know I have a Supremacy Evo arriving tomorrow that I ordered last week allowing me to assemble my new setup. CH6, 1800x, FlareX 3200 cl14 all arrived yesterday. I see I can pre-order on the EK web site but due to today's date 5-7-17 item won't ship till 5-19-17. What are the chances suppliers in the US would see these at that same point, or perhaps earlier? I'll gladly pre-order if it means I'll have it before waiting on US...
What did you stress test with, and for how long?IBT AVX version works great to find the easy instabilities in the beginning stages of testing. http://www.overclock.net/attachments/13202Other versions are not the same for FX. Try 10 to 20 runs set to "Very High" but keep a very close eye on your temps!You will see a big increase in temps compared to running a benchmark. Be careful.If /when you pass say 20 runs set to "Maximum" you'll be ready for a 12-24 hr run of Prime95...
I have always ran a HTT OC with my SSDs and never had any issues. This is the first I've of heard of this (ref clock+SSD)SSDs in Raid 0 (2 yrs+) or running separately made no difference, were left unaffected after years of this use. I still run the very same SSDs in a couple others rigs even today.Note both the Ref Clock and CPU/NB freq. [[SPOILER]] A bad OC doesn't matter if it's a multiplier only or HTT OC can/will corrupt an OS. The issue is when you increase PCIE above...
A couple things to be aware of,To run C&Q with a CPU multiplier higher than x18 (iirc it's 18) you need to be in "OffSet Voltage Mode".First stabilize with all power saving features disabled. Keeps things simple and one less thing to wonder about. After this retest with power savings enabled.I recommend testing with P95 version 27.9.FTT for an hour. For finial use "Blend".When setting up LLC set it so maximum load voltage is what YOU want.This may require to lower OffSet...
If I'm reading this correctly you have the HT Link Speed set to 2700MHz? If this is the case, this is the issue.On Phenom II HT Link Speed should be maintained at 2000MHz +- 200MHz. Anything more is known to cause instability.After you get something stable than raise the CPU/NB freq as high as possible. With proper cooling most can run 4.0 with a CPU/NB freq of 3000MHz but the 212 won't be enough. Look on the OP at the "Formula Members List" and see what others have done...
You are fighting a battle with that Kingston ram, OCZ I haven't heard a lot about. Have you tried the GSkill kit?GSkill is my first pick for the CHIV-F. I start by entering ALL the specs listed on the sticker on the Dram itself. This includes freq too.BSOD are usually a sign of a lack of Vcore. Memory issues are generally freezing.What are you stress testing with and how long?1.35v Vcore seems low for 3.8GHz. Cooling solution?Give this a read as it'll help those trying to...
I can't remember if anyone ever got an OC using Turbo stable or not but it goes against everything I've done so far. For me Turbo is one of the first things I disable. Sorry I won't be of much help while you're running a Turbo OC. I'll stay with what I know with your rounding errors. If you can't run it stock without errors than default Bios settings are probably to blame, not a bum chip. If you're not aware the Dram voltage spec is rated for Intel which uses less...