Posts by The Sandman

Most do run cooler with air traveling front to back.Have you tried running top "front" fan as intake while top "rear" is exhaust?Maybe try both as intake?Fan behind mobo works best when mounted to right side cover.Depending on clearance between mobo and inside surface of rt hand cover determines fan thickness.Scythe does make some 120 x 12mm for tight fits but 25mm's plain work better/quieterHere are a few if you find you need something less than 25mm thickness...
I had issues with first release with stability on win10 but it's all good now since version 1511.You may find a little adjustment might be ness but only one way to tell for sure.Get your OC stabilized first and you'll really like C&Q afterwards. No need for turbo IMHO.I run my OC with Q&C during hot summer days etc not because I have too it just saves on the heat output when ole girl ain't working (limited AC).
I wish you the best of luck!Just an FYI, neither Cinebench or CPU-Z stress tests are considered much of an actual stress test for system stability. But to each their own.You really should give this read http://www.overclock.net/t/990229/stress-testing-warning/20#post_13127125 on the topic of stability.I would gladly offer help (check rig sig below) but it would appear you have the "Need Advice" thing well under hand I give your OS maybe two weeks or so before issues come...
Just my If you go air think D12 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608018&ignorebbr=1 you won't regret it. You could even transfer to new/larger CPU when and if the time comes. It also pays in the long run to just go big right out of the box otherwise you end up with a collection of coolers and fans which usually cost lots more than if you would have gone big first time out. AIO think Swiftech H220X http://www.coolerguys.com/840556102717.html Again...
You'll have to play a little with CPU LLC and CPU/NB LLC one at a time. I was thinking if Extreme is the highest setting try one setting lower.If you lower LLC too much at one time you very well might have to just bump Vcore a bit. Shoot to keep Vcore fairly flat and/or just slightly higher than desired value when under load.Turbo and OCing just don't play well together as you can see. Definitely should be disabled.As for C&Q I run it on my setup at 5117GHz (during summer...
IMHO yes, you are on track. Small increases and retest.Be sure to keep good written notes of any changes/increases made and include the time it took to failure.You can use the failure time to help determine whether or not the latest changes made an improvement.Over time you'll see patterns develop. Results increase to a point than start going backward meaning you may need another adjustment to a different area before you can proceed.Extreme LLC setting (if it's like my...
It is always best to manually enter as many values in the Bios as you know. The fewer items left on "Auto" the better. For the values you have no idea about (those within reason) you can always enter what the Bios is presently displaying in stead of leaving it on Auto. This will lock down the Bios and keep settings more consistent. Running Auto you're at the mercy of those guys that ware tin foil hats and there best guess as what to do in a certain circumstance that will...
+ RepExactly what I now remember reading thank you for posting the links!
In case you have a need, here's a nice place to learn a lot of the basics http://www.overclock.net/t/1348623/amd-bulldozer-and-piledriver-overclocking-guide-asus-motherboard As for the additional fans yes they both will help. Even the fan off the stock HS (80mm) helps if nothing larger can be fit in. Zip ties will hold it in place if ness If your case doesn't have a mount/cutout in the right side cover for the backside of the socket/VRM there's always the "ole side panel...
70c max on socket.You should add active cooling for CPU socket and the VRMs [[SPOILER]] I do and both my CPU and VRMs have WBs.Idle temps mean nothing, it's always about fully loaded values.500 watts should be ample but unsure of the EVGA 500w. I've read something when researching my 850 G2 but can't remember what it was I read about the lower power builds from EVGA. (my guess is you're fine)You can search thru these for all you'll need to know about...