Posts by The Sandman

I made this post http://www.overclock.net/t/946327/official-asus-crosshair-v-formula-990fx-club/6580#post_21007875 which explains about which values are what on a CHV-Z when running HWInfo64.As for the fan, have you tried to disable CPU Q-Fan Control? Probably your best bet.I have a fan controller (in rig sig) that allows both PWM from the mobo and also a manual control which works great.
Perhaps this might also help http://www.overclock.net/t/933649/northbridge-speed-and-low-ram-timing-significance-on-amd-platforms
I've always used the EZ Flash 2 to go back and forth between bios versions without issue.Make sure flash drive is formatted FAT32DL bios and unpack to flash driveMake sure you use a usb 2.0 port as usb 3.0 drivers won't be loaded while you're in bios.Page 3-44 in manual
Wireless coconut hahahahahaha Clever. I like it!Check my twenty and it'll make more sense.
That VRM temp seems crazy high for that OC.Either you have extremely high ambient temps to deal with or there's an issue with the contact patch or something lacking in the loop.I've run mine at 1.65v and VRM temps don't change much at all. You did remove the stock back plate and stored that with the original HS right?If you'd post your Rig Sig it would make it easier to offer help with that temp.http://www.overclock.net/t/1258253/how-to-put-your-rig-in-your-sigLook closer,...
I don't have any links to share but have read others that are much more in the know claim quality mosfets are tested/run at 120c but not recommended.The CHV-Z's bios is default at 90c for the NB Overheat Protection and maximum is 100c. You could use that for a rough reference point.The CHIV had a recommended maximum NB temp of 80c (that comes from Asus)Mine rarely hits 40c even with a 25 hr run of Prime95.I run one of these probes...
These temps tell me you won't have any luck keeping temps in check due to a lack of possible air flow within the case (only two case fans?) regardless of which cooler you choose. You have to be able to supply/exhaust cool fresh air into any setup and cooling this animal to 4.8GHz is not an easy task. IMHO you're looking at an upgrade here first. I faced this very same issue of which way to go (wc/ac) and to accommodate either one required a new case so first thing I'd...
It sounds to me as thou you're attempting to make this change under the "Boot Option Priorities" section (which actually makes sense to me too) but you'll need to go under the "Hard Drive BBS Priorities" (two lines lower) click on the top entry than select from drop down menu and select the 750GB. To view full screen click image than click "Original" in lower right corner
This confuses me (and maybe others?) SSD I get, Large storage HDD, I get this too the disk drive as you mentioned, is this another HDD? This is where I get confused. I know some revo drives are not bootable, is this what you're talking about? I currently run two SSD's and four HDD's and have at times had three OS's on three different drives and haven't had any issues. Perhaps a more detailed account of how, and what you've tried will help. And after 89 posts (I mean...
Depending on your current OC it's more likely a case of not enough cooling solution rather than actually too much Vcore.Too much Vcore for the current solution in other words.I've seen this many times with the 212 on a octacore. I have nothing against the 212 but it simply isn't enough if you're looking to OC much. IMHO the 212 is designed more for a quad core.Try adding an old case fan to blow directly onto the VRM's which should help plus it may prevent heat soak of the...