Posts by The Sandman

I'm with Mr Silver, the Saborkitty (or the Z)
Welcome to OCN! (and never feel out of place, we all had to start just like you)That's the first time I've seen two Socket temps load like that.Usually any duplication is between the ROG and ITE Header values but because they're a different sets of sensors so this makes sense.Have you tried to reinstall HWInfo? Also, how stable is current setup?Socket temps are greatly affected by air flow or lack there of. Socket temps can/will increase when running an AIO (or custom...
Here's my There are too many BIOS entries left on auto. CPU Voltage, CPU/NB and Memory voltages and frequencies and memory timing should all be manually entered at a minimum. (dram specs are found on a sticker right on the Dram itself) Looks to me like you have CPU/NB and HT freqs reversed (HT 2600 and CPU/NB 2200MHZ?) Any added heat can easily be caused from running CPU/NB voltage on auto (1.45v) which I'm sure is way higher than nesissary. DL HWInfo64 and check the...
Here's my first two picks for the budget minded that perform real wellhttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131874http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131851
Guys this was only my attempt at making a little fun after the recent few posts by some of the prominent members having to down clock a bit temporarily.I'm quite aware I'm NOT the last one at 5.0 lol. (Man, tough crowd)Minotauroo I'm very sorry if my post made you think otherwise or if it came across to anyone in any other way than what was intended. It was only sarcasm, apologies!I was hoping you all would know me better than that by now and simply get a chuckle out of it.
I'm running two adapters from mini display port to DVI on mine. Cured my issues which were exactly like yours if memory serves me right. Also seems that mine would work with either single monitor but not both due to a HDMI conflict when used along side the DVI.
I had a heck of time when I first set my 7970 up with dual monitors. Tried the same thing, HDMI and DVI. It almost drove me nuts. Finally went with dual display ports, problem solved. Not saying this is your issue but wanted to share my experiance.
Back down What?One of the few... wait a minute.Does this make me the last one to be running a 5117MHz 24/7 with no issues? Here's one of later IBT runs [[SPOILER]] I'll be doing some mid summer runs here shortly to see how it holds up but so far not one hiccup. Highest I've seen cores is 65c after an hour and a half at 100% load while encoding video with ambient room temp of 29c. Needless to say those next runs will be done with the AC on holding temps closer to 22 to...
I'm guessing you did the obvious and triple checked all connections and verified all are plugged in? Not just the ones that you may have undone to leak test. Sata, fan headers etc. I've been there before as much as I hate to admit it. Was there an issue with a leak during the installation? What makes you think water caused a short? Just curious.
I'm not familiar with a giga bios so I can't help answer bios control and disabling throttling. On my CHV-Z you can turn off protection.Hopefully another giga owner can help answer that.Either using the mobo headers or Corsair header should be fine as long as you have things configured properly to move the air where it needs to go.When you reapply TIM to VRM HS if it's like my CHV-Z you may find it takes both TIM for NB and Thermal Pads under VRM's.You'll want to use a non...