Posts by The Sandman

On this topic I want to share a more recent post from the master himself The Stilit (no disrespect intended here) http://www.overclock.net/t/1616965/amd-say-70-5-degress-for-amd-fx-8300-is-that-true#post_25673457Hope this sheds new light on the topic.
Apologies, my badThank you for the correction!
Iirc the Saborkitty, Aura and MSI Gaming are 3 that monitor VRM temps. It's hasn't been that common a feature yet. I use a 2 wire temp probe and a OPT Temp Header to monitor VRMs on my CHV-Z.
Yes my setup runs max freq 24/7. At this level of OC I find it easier/safer as PStates don't come into play. I've read a few running FX CPUs have issues with these and I'll just play it safe sense my temps are never an issue.Idle temps mean nothing, only the temp under load is important.Cinebench is only a benchmark, not a stress test. To check max temps under load run Prime95 or OCCT. You may be surprised how much hotter things will get.I can not answer on your voltages...
You can use a thumb drive ( FAT32) in a USB 2.0 port (drivers for 3.0 do not load till your in windows) and use the F12 key while in Bios to take screen shots of Bios settings rather than risking a typo as above. One too many unknowns in the text above.Screen shots show all and tell all plus save a lot of text HWInfo and IBT results are more helpful displayed like this [[SPOILER]] Why are fans not running 100% during tests?If you cannot complete a test due to temps you...
Please realize this thread moves very quickly and with many topics. I went back three pages and haven't seen your previous posts. You dislike repeating yourself but ask everyone trying to help you to do basically the same thing by going back over things already read over. Forgive me for not wanting to take the time (more than 3 pages back) to search for your individual posts. Could you not have included a link back to those posts just to make it simple for everyone?It's...
Make sure that you use "Offset Voltage Mode" for Vcore and CPU/NB voltages if you want C&Q to function while OC'd.If this is not the issue it's probably due to the Unlocking feature as you've already seen.If it helps at all I run my setup at 5117MHz @ 1.488v to 1.500v 24/7 and choose not to run C&Q. It's just a personal choice.
It's always best to max out the CPU first (by itself).Than adjust NB and Dram accordingly after that.CPU clock out weighs Dram performance.Try running around 2133MHz cas9 (not sure which kit you have currently)This is all I can easily find showing the difference between the two2400MHz [[SPOILER]] 2143MHz [[SPOILER]] Sorry, these are different versions of AIDA64 which does changes things slightly but all I can find as my 8350 is no longer mine. Bottom line is with my setup...
If you're not in a hurry (and want the best of that era) look around for a used Crosshair IV Formula.There's a link in my sig below to the "Official CHIV thread" and on the OP you find a very informative owners list for both the "Extreme" and the "Formula" covering most all the Phenom II chips.It lists most all settings/clocks/volts/cooling etc used by members to give you a better idea of what you might be able to pull off with the right setup.And yes, the biggest gains...
Good choice! If it fits the budget and you have no intentions of going with Zen.Anything less may hold you back. The Aura is another one to consider, again depending on the budget.Hands down the R3.0 would be my pick.