Posts by The Sandman

I can laugh now, about the fact of being "so excited" (doesn't happen very often) that I forgot to change the other two headers over to show mobo and ram in that snip. Don't it figure? A personal best and I have to screw it up like this lol.CHIV-F and these https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231435MCC, I have to agree 100%. I still run my Thuban right here beside me in the now guest rigIt still gets a good tweakin about once a month or so. I might...
Not trying to rain on anyone's party but my old Thuban takes both of you with your current settings Just teasing you both sorry.
You should have separate multipliers. One for HT and other CPU/NB freq.Additional HT (above 2200MHz) is known to cause instability.Simply bump the CPU/NB Freq multiplier and re-test.Look in my sig, click on link to the "Official CHIV Formula/Extreme Thread" and scroll down to the "Formula Owners List". Here you'll see what others have been able to do with their 1055's. List does show most freqs and voltages to give you a better idea of what to expect. Your mobo will...
A 260MHz Ref Clock may/will require additional "actual" NB Voltage. You haven't mentioned where yours is at.Do not confuse this with CPU/NB voltage.You might find it easier to raise your OC by raising the CPU/NB Freq to 2400MHz to 2600MHz before going a lot further.You'll find larger performance gains at the same time.Once you find max CPU OC try raising the CPU/NB freq as high as possible. 2800MHz to 3000MHz is where it's at!Be sure to maintain HT freq at 2000MHz +/-...
I recall one member ran a 9590 on air but can't recall if it was stable or not. And no idea for how long.
That is for you to decide (the risk factor that is). 1c under recommended maximum is technically fine but, what if your room temp were to increase slightly? You'll have absolutely no headroom for temps. This why it's recommended to stay low to mid 60's and allow room for load spikes, ambient change and a safety margin.Lowing the Dram Freq etc usually has little effect on CPU and Socket temps.2 to 3c lower is not enough of a drop IMHO. I'd be looking to lower clock and...
Disable AMD C6 Support and all power savings. Power Options to High Performance.To many values left on Auto.Manually enter all freqs, voltages etc. Also manually enter all the Dram specs located on the sticker on the Dram itself (timing, freq, volt)DL HWInfo64 (free) This will show YOUR chips CPU VID and hopefully CPU/NB VID. (see snip below and you can see mine)Start with these values and everything else manually entered and start over.See how high it will go on default...
IMHO you're asking for trouble OCing a 8350 on a 4+1 Phase Count mobo.Here's a few detailsWhile it may be okay to OC say for a Phenom II, I wouldn't risk a OctacoreNote the TDP Support of 125w. The 8350 is 125w stock and can easily push 140w OC'd even in your range. Get close to 4.8 to 5.0 you'd be looking close to 220w.Top this with only a budget AC solution that usually holds out to only 4.4, maybe 4.5GHz and probably no active cooling on the VRMs. Not a good idea,...
3000 rpm on a 360 rad?I've had real good luck with 1850 rpm max, and only when testing. Other wise 1050 (or less) rpm for me. No need for all that noise.
Makes perfect sense now, thanks again!