Posts by The Sandman

You might want to consider trying a run with only 2 Dimms installed. AMD prefers 2, 4, 8, 16, 32GB kits. 3 X 2GB forces you into single channel mode. You should see more performance in Dual Channel mode as well. Might be worth a shot. As for raising the NB Freq, yes at one point in your OC it will make a nice difference in stability. Make small changes as you go and I'm thinking 2600 to 2800MHz if the mobo doesn't throw sparks at you first lol. Be careful.
Here's my Please do not take offense, I'll not meaning to slam MSI in any form but if you are not aware that mobo has known issues when OCing a 6 core http://www.overclock.net/t/946407/amd-motherboards-vrm-info-databaseYou mentioned testing for7 hrs with Prime95. This could very well be the issue. I don't wish to start anything on this topic either and realize stability is very subjective but 7 hrs is considered only gaming stable (at best IMHO) while most run much more....
my bad
I want to add this, to check CPU VID value set bios to default, set Ai Overclock (or equivalent) to "Manual" "CPU Level Up" to Disable/Cancel and than disable all power saving features (C&Q etc)
Here's a 25 hr run Prime95 Blend with the VRM/NB WB. Normally I never see 40c during a stress test.
Actually the rear rad is a 140 and works great in its location between the CPU and VRM/NB WB.I can see approx 5 - 6c change under load on VRM when playing with the fan control for the rear exhaust.More important to me is it allows more options for tubing routing. [[SPOILER]]
AI Suite has been known to cause issues and is not recommended. I believe gr8sho has a link to the uninstall info?Way back when I was looking for a utility fan controller I never did find one that did what I was looking for and ended up saying the heck with it and bought a fan controller.I should have skipped the utility search.There's nothing better than having control, be it in Manual mode or PWM. The one listed in my rig sig (there is a link) has both capabilities. I...
Running additional LLC is not harmful and should not raise temps when system is setup properly.This is why you set LLC values first (at the beginning) and start with minimal Vcore/OC and make small increases only as needed.Instead of looking at it as over shooting the Vcore value set in bios you need to see it as this is what it takes to run my CPU under load and enjoy the usually slightly lower Vcore when not under stress!When temps become an issue than best be thinking...
I'd recommend you work to raise both the CPU/NB freq and the HT link speed.I've also run a 234 x 20.5 OC (24 Prime95 stable) and it looked like this [[SPOILER]] The more items NOT left on Auto the easier things will be. Auto (bios defaults) always tend to over volt so be sure to check both LLC's are not on auto.This might be why you see 1.587v Vcore for more than just a blip. Mine ran a lot closer to 1.524 with only a couple spikes that high (1.587)I'm not sure which Ram...
I've had real good luck running HWInfo64 with the three APU builds (2x A8 6600K's and one A6 5400K) I've recently put together. All three have a Hyper 212 EVO with reduced fan RPM's controlled by mobo.