Posts by Kinru

So I feel like a complete idiot because this is the first thing I should have done, but for whatever reason I just never did it. Looked at CPU-Z while playing CSS and noticed that my CPU is at half the clock it should be (2D clocks basically). It isn't clocking up to normal. Guess I have to go find out why lol.
Still need help on this... Just played some Just Cause 2 on 1920 x 1080 with settings on High and was getting 60+ fps at all times. I can't even break 30 on source with 5 people on my screen...something is wrong here lol
bump, help please
I just ran 3DMarkVantage and received a score of P10513 on performance. GPU Score was 8545 and CPU score was 33985. Everything seems fine there, CSS is the only game this is happening with (and the only older game I have). Other games like JC2 run just fine similar to Vantage. Seems that there is an issue with CSS only and I can't figure it out.
bump, please help
The CPU is a quad core i7, I simply can't believe that it would struggle playing css. I did what you said however and while staring at a wall in a corner I was getting 80 FPS with all settings on low and the gpu load was about 10%.After turning all settings to high I received about the same fps, maybe 20 higher and the GPU load was about 17%.The CPU load the entire time was inbetween 20-30% and the temperatures across all 4 cores were the same (or nearly the same). I have...
My laptop does not run on integrated graphics nor does it have the option for SpeedStep. The fact that CSS is an old game shouldn't matter because I should still be getting 200+ fps constant the same as with any other new computer...
I'm using a Sager 8130 laptop with a i7 2630qm CPU and the gtx 560m GPU. I'm posting this in the NVIDIA graphics card section because I think this is an issue with the GPU and not the laptop itself. The problem is that while running Counter Strike Source I am getting 30-60 fps while the CPU load is 25% and the GPU load is 0-5%... When running furmark it goes up to 100% same with EVGA OC Scanner so the GPU is capable of going full throttle, but for some reason it isn't...
Ummm, either you do not understand the issue at all or we're misunderstanding each other. The front panel connections would have nothing to do with my issue...
It is completely in. Please, I know a lot of times it is an obvious answer, but I have spent over an hour attempting to figure it out so far. I have tried everything and anything relating to the PSU and just haven't started taking parts out yet.Honestly I can not think of a reason why the motherboard would be shorting because I have not touched it, but I suppose that is the next part.The other thing that I have a question about is that when I have everything hooked up and...