Posts by mylilpony

In my last 9 games my teams have averaged 39 deaths in games that are mostly 30-40 minutes long. Half of my deaths are diebacks/fountain dives too. New patch - things are finally looking up I guess.
my team communicated well but.........when you die that much in under 30 minutes.... ive dropped 250 points since friday =D
My friend plays pretty late all the time on US servers (after 1AM). I was watching a game of his yesterday he is 5400 mmr and the rest of his team was 3700-3800 mmr against 5 4.4-4.5k players. His team lost all their rax in 22 minutes, even though he was 5-2. Smaller player pools already make MM miserable and playing late just leaves things even more to chance. Whenever I play that late the MMR gap in team goes from 200 on your team to 500-1000. On USW 300-500 seems to be...
region lock is dumb. if these players are significantly worse as people say, they will calibrate at lower mmr and you will not play with them. if they calibrate at the same mmr as you in the same servers, then you're not much better than them. or they abuse heroes to gain mmr. which happens in every server.people like me like to play with their friends in different regions. it also hurts coimpetitive dota - this is how many tournaments are played. this is how smaller dota...
you don't need region lock, just have to calibrate mmr for each region. so that as ef mentioned above, you don't get mmr abusers, and lower populated server players don't hurt other players when they play in other regions. if you play in a very small server with only 2,000 players, and get to 5k mmr, and play in another server with 100,000 players, that 100,000 player server's 5k players are likely going to be much better. so if that person plays in the more popular...
region locking mmr, not region locking. you'd have to get a different mmr calibration in each region, and it estimates based on your previous games in each. and combine USE and USW because the player pool is way too small in both.great day for dota, only dropped 200 points.my last game my team picked 2 invis and techies and flamed because the other team had sentries necro3 and gem (?) and my bounty hunter went bfury first item. as an offlane that was feeding.game before i...
just region lock mmr =D that's all we need.
Sniper offlane is garbage, fwiw. I've seen it a few times.You should've sheepsticked him immediately and the blinked out. and you didn't need to use the bkb there.offlane zeus i explained above - positioning is really important and youll want to bottle the top rune as much as possible. if the other teams supports are going to contest the rune you stay in lane to harass their carry and get farm, if they stay you grab the runes and harass their supports with the mana. if...
yeah. pooled tango 2 clarities into botte, boots, and then item build diverges based on lane matchup and what carry they have. If they have trilane top and the two supports secure top rune, you just have to harass the carry while they are gone and force them back top even if they grab the rune. If they don't, you grab the rune, and harass the supports. If their carry is really good and has 30-40 denies in the game and the supports don't leave the lane youll need to win...
lol my team last picked viper yesterday as carry and started flaming the team because we couldn't go late against terrorblade void shadow fiend =D. He afk farmed until he got his aghanims and we'd already lost 5 towers. We were outfarmed by 400 cs in a 35 minute game, lolol. (Didn't help that my mid/offlane fed either) I did however hit 70% winrate on my offlane zeus! almost at 50 games now.