Posts by tw33k

New chip is a little better but voltage is still higher than I'd hoped. Was stable at 1.275v until I bumped the RAM to 2400MHz
It appears that was the problem. After I re-attached the clip to the probe and then clipped to the back of the board I get a reading of 1.827v which looks like the input voltage I'm guessing. Just gotta find the right place to connect to.
It's not rocket science. Maybe the clip isn't attached to the probe properly. I'll work it out
I must have connected my DMM to my old ASRock Z77 board 100 times. With this board tho I don't understand what's happening.
New chip is much better. Currently running Aida64 4.7GHz @ 1.275v. Temps are mid 60s
Mine's stable at 4.7GHz 1.38v with RAM @ 2400MHz. Performance is excellent but I'm not happy having the voltage that high. A new chip will be arriving today so hopefully I have better luck
mine's the same. I've seen a difference of 30c between 2 cores. It's not good enough
Thanks. I'll give it a go Update: no matter which point I clip the DMM to I get a negative reading. I've tried for the past hour but keep failing. To the right of the chip are 2 columns and 4 rows, I've tried all of them. Behind the chip towards the I/O ports are a number of pairs that don't work either. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Anyone know where on the back of the board I can connect a multimeter to get a voltage reading. I've tried a few different places but haven't got it right.
thanks