Posts by tw33k

DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS! Unless you have the money for a new chip. Going bare die is fraught with danger and the risk of cracking the die is very high.The gains in temp is not worth the risk IMO especially using an H100i.
Do you mean on the die or on the heat spreader? There's no way would MX-4 give you better temps than Liquid Ultra
Anyone with a z97 Deluxe managed to measure vcore with a DMM connected to the back of the board? Every point I connect to gives me the input voltage and I've tried them all
MY 2666MHz Mushkin scored better in benchmarks @ 2400MHz than @ 2666MHz
monkey...have a read of this...http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-Solved-HWiNFO64-and-Haswell-Systems
they aren't the right readings for Vcore. VCore doesn't drop to 0v
with default settings voltage drops at idle Aida64 reads the same as HWiNFO in manual mode voltage does not drop
mine doesn't
good to see you here mate
There's a problem with Windows 8 and Corsair link. I managed to get it all working with a simple reg hack.Go into the registry and look for HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04. For each port/path string you see under this (numbers and ampersands smushed together), open the "Device Parameters" and change the FOUR DWORD settings to 0 (AllowIdleIrpInD3, DeviceSelectiveSuspended, EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled, SelectiveSuspendEnabled). Reboot