Posts by Masked

Wow.Consumers are ignorant in regards to game development, you've actually proven it 3x.I gave an in depth explanation as to why.I really don't care if you're angry or not...It's interesting that you even think I care about you - I assure you, I don't. The hypocrisy is real...Clearly, as is the ignorance.I'll highlight the most important fact:So now, the very thing the movement is ACTUALLY ABOUT, due to CONSUMER IGNORANCE, you've now completely flipped it backwards and...
2 things.1) The market has zero trust between consumers and PUBLISHERS - Ignorant consumers blame the developers when, it's actually the PUBLISHERS whom are at fault.2) They more than likely won't and I completely agree that it's not fair...Making it go away WILL make things better.See back in the day, you were actually responsible...You had to research what you bought...Now that we live in the age of entitlement, everyone goes: REFUND REFUND REFUND.Well, the reality of...
All you people ever do, is say "Vote with your wallets" in regards to "unfinished" content.AAA studios can AFFORD to hold back release dates. Can AFFORD to make major marketing errors.You, IE the community, just proved, that indie developers cannot afford to make any errors.Think about that.If I'm an indie studio, I can't delay a product...Period. Launch day is launch day.They made a mistake on launch day...That wasn't pre-communicated by everyone else.1) They had to split...
They are/were a solution that's being abused, see below.Again, see below - "their side of the bargain" is absolutely subjective in this industry.Again man, get your head out of the clouds.In this industry, there is no operating as a startup, especially for a dev studio/publisher. Why do you think studios are dying and being replaced by 5-6 man teams...Right here, man. Right here.You obviously don't because previously, we had to have a discussion about publishing cash...
That's just it - They weren't "milking".There are 2 sides to the coin and most of you only choose to see 1, the side of the victim.In this situation, they DID make a mistake - indisputable but, the reality of this industry is that to publish a product, you go into debt, almost ALWAYS.Unless if you have a major publisher - They don't.This is why refunds are "bad" - Instead of holding the company accountable and having a voice, you demonize them as a community and send their...
Erm nay.The game was vetted in beta/early access...It garnered extremely positive feedback in that avenue...It will likely never be finished because the studio literally has no money.It's ironic because we were just having the OPPOSITE discussion about EA.See what happens to smaller developers when they publish a product? Forget about the mistake...You go into debt to publish the game...Because that's reality...If the game responds poorly, you no longer have a studio. -...
So...In the real world, studios operate on cash. $$$$.When you hire on new developers etc, then publish, you go into debt.When your game sells well and then everyone REFUNDS...You stay in debt.AFAIK, they literally can't make payroll.So, there really won't be a next game or a DLC unless there's a positive cash flow.
...Okay, fair comment.That's true....So, that's fair but, they did communicate to everyone in early access that, this was the way it was. They also DID make a modification to their steam page to express that.I don't feel they really messed up "that badly". I think that, you got what you paid for...They DID ultimately correct the page...Regardless of if they messed up or not, it wasn't egregious.We're not talking a batman level mistake. They left some aspects of the game...
I responded to you above...Claiming the product is unfinished...Is not really fair - Borderlands just did this...MGS did this...Chapters are the new "it thing" and that's how they planned on releasing the content.They told us, it was going to be split up into chapters...So everyone in early access knew of this.I 100% agree that if you were a NEW person purchasing the product...You'd be confused - Maybe a little upset - Their marketing team ABSOLUTELY dropped the ball.This...
I don't really agree with this.The developers did tell us in early access that content was coming in chunks...Marketing did not but, we were actually told. - So were you not involved in early access, okay you didn't know.3D was ready it just wasn't optimized - I can see how the community feels those are one and the same but, they're not.They DID tell us it was being split so, I don't have an issue with the ending situation.It's also not a situation of "not enough people...