Posts by Masked

BF4 - Again, the publisher, EA, actually didn't even see the game until it launched...You know, which is why they kicked it back to the drawing board and made DICE bend over, twice...and do a lot more than touch their toes.I didn't buy BF4 because BF3 was an unmitigated disaster of epic proportions - I was an INFORMED and EDUCATED CONSUMER at that point and CHOSE to not spend my money on a product that had very clearly FAILED previously.That being said, BF4's coding was...
They are that fickle.Again, the game is not broken.Every single item on the list that's been released, has to do 100% with optimization. Period.Your opinion is that it is broken and that's fine but, that does not make it a fact.The studio of 12, who's job it was to optimize a product, failed - That is a fact...But, it still doesn't make the game, broken.I have it and played it during lunch, on my PC without any issues - Again, there is a difference between optimization and...
D3 Diablo - Blizzard V Activision but, I've got a few more.Master Chief Collection - 343 V. Microsoft.BF 4 - Dice V. EA.Assasin's Creed Unity - This is a good one because Ubisoft themselves, hadn't even SEEN THE GAME until after launch and it was developed, by dun dun dun dunnnnnnnn their own studio. - Ubisoft Montreal V Ubisoft.I got a lot more, those are the 4 most recent that i can recall.First, 3rd and 4th make me LMAO.OH OH OH forgot a REALLY good one.SimCity - Maxis...
Hypothetically I make a game.It's a hard game - very similar to Dark Souls.Reviewers review the game, it gets 5/5, 10/10 everyone clamors to buy it.They get the game, fail to beat the first level and call it "broken".The game isn't broken, it works and hasn't changed since the review...Because Mr. Twinkie, coding does NOT change from review -> release, I assure you of that.50 THOUSAND people read on reddit that the game is broken because they can't beat it.They ask Steam...
...So, sources matter and they always have, always will - Intelligent information is more important that incorrect, untruthful stupidity.Your opinion is that the game was broken...Every single issue they're fixing has to do with optimization which means it wasn't actually broken, it was improperly optimized.I really don't care what your opinion is because I'm not arguing with the source. - I'm saying, been here, done that, have the T-shirts and have supplied you with...
So +1 for ignorant consumerism?What happened to being educated consumers?Was not, the onus on you in the first place, to make an intelligent purchase?Just asking.
[[SPOILER]] I don't necessarily agree.You as a consumer have the right to be an educated consumer or an ignorant one; the buying power is and has always been, yours. The onus is and has ALWAYS been on the consumer.Steam giving refunds, shifts the onus.We live in the age of entitlement and obviously, if you didn't see this coming, you have issues but, this shift in onus is actually a game-changer...And the fact that Steam stands so readily besides it, without contractual...
Your assumption is that they knew. - Kotaku claims they knew - Congratulations on using, literally, the most biased source in this //entire// industry.I could sit here for hours and rattle off major titles, that had game-breaking issues the publishers didn't even know about.Activision wasn't aware of the Auction house until an interviewer asked about RMT. LOL...I mean, come on.I quite frankly, don't understand why this is an issue? It's always been this way...It always...
It's actually possible they didn't know about it.I can give 20 or so examples of games that, the head studio had absolutely no idea about (Didn't read the emails) until launch.I give you Activision and Diablo 3's auction house just to name one of them...That was a funny one.I'm not disagreeing, I'm just pointing out that it wouldn't be the first time and most definitely, won't be the last in this industry.
It's on the onus of the customer whether to purchase a product or not. To do your research and then purchase a product. The responsibility lies with the customer, not anyone else.It's really that simple. You can be an educated consumer or an ignorant consumer...It really boils down to not pre-purchasing product that doesn't have reviews...You don't see a PC review? Don't buy the product.Blaming the developers for an unoptimized game is one thing...Being ignorant and buying...