Posts by Masked

I'm not a developer btw...You own a license to play the product on Blizzard's servers until you challenge the EULA/TOS and prove otherwise.So, until it's challenged, it is "binding"...
Actually, I went under a little bit but, we're ballpark so, I'll take it.You're assuming everyone will "buy" the license...That's not the case.While I agree, again, I LOVE VANILLA WOW, that it's possible they //all// buy a license, it's not a guarantee.I see Blizzard inviting them as a "peace offering" to more/less see if there's a cheaper way of doing it...If there is and they run it, I'll be the first to pony my $$$$. Faster than Fry.My point is and always has been since...
Could you please find one case where an IP was forced to legally back-track the current version of a product to facilitate it's customers via previous versions of the product?Until then, your point is moot...Just sayin.
Hey since you missed it, do I count 7 states? 7 out of how many?How many IP challenges have been won in those states?How many against billion dollar companies that are capable of drawing cases out for 50+ years?Oh, that's right...Haha, I thought you were being serious, it turns out you weren't!I also like how you COMPLETELY skipped my proving you wrong on a previous point...But, keep on keepin' on.
First of all, I love vanilla wow. I actually played on Nostalrius's servers. - I'm all for vanilla servers.The reality is that, if I'm Blizzard, this isn't going on some Best Buy HP 10k entry server...No way, this is going on a COSP rack...With an entire Ubuntu/Nginx back-end...There goes 5m at LEAST right there. Then the operating costs...Not to mention the staffing...Each one of those SA's is making upwards of 500k/year - EASILY...Since they have to manage a Ubuntu/Nginx...
I already did that.I really don't care if these servers were Tandys...Ribbon drives or, if Big Blue itself is running the traffic through it's back-end, it's irrelevant. Nostalrius is NOT Blizzard.Do you know the real cost of a COSP rack? You clearly don't. How about upkeep of said rack? Again, clearly don't.Legal fees for a multi-billion dollar company are in the millions...Blizzard never does anything, "small".Vanilla EMU's to run the client? LOL...Do you know how much...
So, that's completely fair and nobody is arguing against that.Not all platforms, actually...There are some benefits to having certain controllers but, both PSN and M$ don't allow altered packets on the back-end so, this really is solely (beyond connection tampering) a PC issue.We don't know. That's the reality. What key values exist where and how they're being monitored and/or transferred on either end is factually unknown. Even asset placement is unknown.That's the entire...
Again, I was one of them. I've also worked at Blizz pre-Activision.So, I've personally seen the code...The upgrades and the back-end as a whole. I'm also not grossly underestimating anything - I actually practically told you the cost of a new rack + the overhead. - That's not some made up, rabbit out of a hat number - Those are racks built to Blizzard's quality.WoW's back-end has seen 10 major overhauls in the past 15 years. I doubt you could even run Vanilla successfully...
- The game does have serious issues - NOBODY is refuting that.- The hacks being used are NOT relatively common - In fact, packet manipulation takes some skill...The issue is that, a disgruntled individual gave a few away to the public at large, for free...So now, the vast majority of PC users are hacking and/or have access to the hack.- Not really. We don't know, factually what assets exist where. We do know that there is little to no filtering server-side which, Massive...
Didn't had anything against them is not English.The EULA and ToS, in this case are not violating the law, they are within the law.It expressly states that you are paying for a license to use said content, nothing more, nothing less. Your ownership is non-existent because it is a lease. - The lawyer.So yes, it does.You cannot legally create a private server and/or charge for said server since you are therefor, violating the licensee agreement which, renders your "lease"...