Posts by Masked

No because your encryption still has to leave a source to reach it's destination.You can still use TOR and you're reasonably anonymous but, you're not 100% anonymous.If you're going to read your personal email on TOR and say the NSA is monitoring that server, they still get your email dump, they know it's you regardless of the fact you're using a German IP.There actually is no way, other than not using the internet, to be 100% anonymous on the internet.TOR is secure BUT,...
You're a sniper. You're in full cover. You have a suppressor but, you're being hunted and the moment you fire, you're a target. As long as you don't fire, you don't become a target. Without a contingency, when you fire, you're more than likely, dead.The same is true of using TOR. The moment you TRANSMIT data, you are giving away information, IE firing your weapon. The moment you look at PERSONAL EMAIL over TOR, you're firing your weapon.The only way to truly remain...
So, to answer this, there are 2 levels of security.Level 1 - TOR works by randomly bouncing you around nodes on a pathway to your objective server.So, say I want to connect with the server in Denmark and use it as my VPN host --> I'm relayed through 4/5 random nodes (there are like 30) and thus by the time I hit the server, I'm that random guy from Belfast or Amsterdam...Not the guy in NYC.Level 2 - Is more secure but, takes significantly longer and I'm fairly certain the...
Truth be told though, all admins have known the nodes were vulnerable for a while...I'm not saying it's ignorance or TOR's fault but, it was just a matter of time before the relays themselves became the decoys.In the other TOR thread, it's actually ironic how many people read their personal email over TOR and assume that they're still anonymous...I quite frankly think we need a "realities of the internet" thread with a TOR section because so many people are submitting data...
That a good thing or a bad thing?
Transferring classified information.If you take TOR's formula and put it within a private network and transfer data through YOUR network, which is the base of TOR -- You actually have complete anonymity and data encryption...The beauty of TOR is that it splits up all of the information in bits over random nodes (Think Willy Wonka when the cowboy kid gets put into the TV) and then slaps them all together again, so if that's hacked, you essentially have one little piece of...
Never said it didn't...I said that most of the servers are US Military property and they are...Are there some that aren't? Sure...But if you hack that proxy in the Netherlands (Your .de), you're literally going through 4-5 based US servers/nodes, 2 of which are actually military bases. So, you're still not anonymous.I understand what the point "is" but, the fact of the matter is that most of TOR is run off of Gov't resources -- Vidalia/TOR are even paid to maintain those...
See below.Okay so, since I got like 3/4 PM's on this and it seems to me to be rather unclear let's lay out some facts about TOR.- It was and IS a product of the United States Navy. Vidalia owns TOR but, the vast majority of the resources on the network are that of the US Gov't and therefor are sanctioned US soil. (***That US soil part is VERY important***)- The vast majority of the proxies and nodes are directly linked to Naval/Military bases because they're military...
Erm, negative.They're multi-million dollar custom racks.It's slow because they're using 90%+ of those resources to trade data between bases...So let's reprise -- Since TOR is actually Gov't property, the NSA can see everything you do and hacking a TOR server, especially the wrong server, may actually label you a domestic terrorist....Whoever's got the balls to hack that, better get more than 100k...I'm talking like new identity firesale kind of money. Not that fake Die...
That's true...WAL did some great announcing too (When he had his mic on)...I think that if we did a tournament over the course of a few weeks - You'd have some high quality DOTA.Maybe it's not time for that, for this in-house but, I think it'd be really cool in the long run.