Posts by Masked

The drivers currently out aren't optimized for SLI.Not only that but, historically we've seen over a 120% SLI increase from Launch -> Driver maturity.The new bridge eliminates the PCIE loss in scaling so, once the drivers mature, it will be more than worth it...
Actually...Despite the bombardment I took here, hindsight proved me correct at the following investor meeting.The card was sold 90% of the stock to the business sector, the rest was offered to the consumer.So it actually does fit the model - It was never meant to be a consumer driven product...That being said, I am wrong on occasion and when I am wrong, I admit it...The difference here is that Nvidia has followed this same exact model since day 1...Nvidia doesn't "need" to...
There's your problem.When has a NVIDIA rumor in this industry been 100% accurate? Oh, never? DING DING DING.The price point was set, again, because of cost. This launch, costs SKYROCKETED...So, the cost to consumer had to go up as well.They're also not in competition...Nvidia releases the EXCESS product as OEM because they can...That's it...They're profiting off of the Echo/Gamma runs...Nothing more, nothing less. Do they want them to sell? Absolutely...And they...
Again, no.These prices weren't based on market reaction at all...Nvidia has followed the same exact cost vs. margin profile since the beginning of time. Competition is irrelevant when you're not a competing vendor, you're just the manufacturer...So not at all.Not quite...No die Nvidia releases is proprietary...In fact, it's quite the opposite...Always has been.The base "wafer" is yours to build on...Choose to use standard components and charge cost - That's on you, margin...
Only Nvidia's founders edition was 699...Everyone else (All other vendors) are free to charge what they choose...So you actually don't know that...You know since EVGA does the classified which is essentially the same as the lightning...
I'm not privy to that sort of intel anymore...Sold my business and moved on this past year, actually.That being said, that really wouldn't surprise me...Precious metals are skyrocketing...so is everything else.I'm actually attending the next meeting when they're set to address this (apparently) so, we'll see but, IMO, it's accurate.That being said, in the consumer market, Nvidia has always been incredibly predictable...Why? The formula works. Keep your margins the...
Reality does, when applied by ignorant statistics.Generalizing Nvidia's gross margins when the business sector is their largest source of distribution is madness and horrible statistics...My stats teacher would throw a book at you right now and its well deserved.Nvidia has always split the market...Business products, IE tesla have always had different margins than the consumer product, ALWAYS.Thus, I repeat myself - For over the past 10 years, Nvidia has kept the same...
Sorry but, no.While consumerism is part of the grand "plan" - The reason prices inflate every generation is margins vs. cost.Nvidia has ALWAYS kept the same exact margin, every single release...Cost of materials increased thus, so did cost...We've known this well before samples went out...
Massive is changing the entire dynamic with 1.2...I'd actually suggest just stalling until 1.2, honestly.Right now, especially on the PS4, most of the folks in the 160 bracket, camp extraction sites - They stack SP so that when a group of 4 extract, they toss seekers/sticky bomb and ofc everyone in that group dies - Then they extract the gear and run to the balconies...DZ3 and DZ4...GG.If you're solo - That's not happening...You can't take them out...You're not going to...
Only if you're in a full party - Otherwise, you're wasting your time...Best strat is to get 2 guys...Load Skills...Wait until another team extracts...Throw seekers...Extract their gear...Run away to either balcony.I hate to say that because I think it's...ARRRGGHGHGHGHGHGH but, that's how everyone I know, has been leveling + farming while nobody is extracting.