Posts by Masked

No politics I forgot...Yeah yeah yeah.
Bro. I'm going to give a /hug because you're completely taking my point out of context...Just to prove me wrong. So, /hug. Now, let's breathe.In the beginning of the internet, there was AT&T. AT&T was the monopoly. In the 80's that monopoly was "split".Ironically, over the past 30 years, we've actually paid for AT&T's consolidation...In fact, we've made it so lucrative for AT&T they just made a significant chunk of change off of Frontier...This statement, within the 4...
I love people that completely remove the context of the entire discussion to technically prove a point even though it's literally irrelevant.We're discussing the internet.Did the internet exist in 1876? NO.Did the internet come to fruition while AT&T was a monopoly? YES.Did AT&T build on that monopoly? YES.Was AT&T then forced to split? YES.Was AT&T then given grants while they cannibalized everyone else from 2000+? YES.We the taxpayers LITERALLY paid for the split of AT&T...
The amount of facepalm necessary to cover the stupid within the 4 corners of this post doesn't exist...Just sayin.I'm going to work on fabricating that while you discover reality.
LOL.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT%26T#Prior_to_2005_purchase_by_SBCAT&T WAS the beginning, sir.Literally, there was AT&T and that was it.Please, for the love of god, learn how to use google.Here, I'll quote the actual history for you.Oh oh oh and the important part.And your quip actually said the same thing I did, over again.Do you need me to Wikipedia more for you today or are we all set?
It's been going on for so long, it's honestly ck at this point.Any technician will tell you, lines cost X...ISP charges Y (2 x X)...Where the rest goes nobody knows! - See I can rhyme too.Let's take Comcast for example.Comcast has had a routing table down for about a year. In fact, the table (Which is just a giant hub) has been down for SO LONG, ISP's just started completely routing AROUND the node. - Seriously.The same is true for the other table.These tables aren't down...
Fiber is walled off and regulated by whichever ISP laid the fiber. At least AFAIK - That's a postal question though -- I know that's how it USED to be and it seems my local guy is of the same opinion.For example in my region, according to my local technician, Charter is bogarding it because they don't want AT&T to have access thus, nobody actually uses it...But, a few weeks later they gave me 100ft of the spool because they couldn't use it and I asked for it - HAHA...So I...
I very much disagree that we have to accept this "reality".I was also being brash on purpose - goading makes things interesting; don't take it personally, though. We, right now, actually have the ability to grow the system out of the toxic waste dump it sits in. - Legitimately.Look beyond the failed business practices of the last 20 years and look at what could be.The FCC has the capability in their hands to actually stifle the grant nonsense and completely re-create our...
You clearly know nothing about ISP's and their monopolies.In the beginning there was AT&T - they forced a monopoly...So in the 80's that monopoly was broken into individual companies.In the 90's those companies spread out and an incredible amount of small "mom and pop" ISP's came to fruition but, they weren't IS"s back then, they were legit telecom companies.The little guys were SBC before they were cannibalized and hundreds of thousands of other small "mom and pop"...
That's not business...That's thievery and those grants are meant to improve overall infrastructure -- Wonder why it's failing? People that justify it like yourself are the root cause.In the bigger picture, they're doing a terrible job. The US has the worst infrastructure in the 1st world because of that greed.It's not a minority that complain, it's far in the MAJORITY.The biggest problem small ISP's ACTUALLY face is the fact that the vast majority of them are forced to run...