Posts by Masked

DOTA2 is fine.People are broken.
So it's been a busy week with the DNS's going down. What item on the marketplace is everyone like dying for?
That's just it... Twitch has well over 10m users...So their network is equivalent to Ft. Knox. -- Same with everyone else that got hit...Even Sony did a complete overhaul after the last DDOS. With the DNS's being down, everyone was open game... I will give in to the Bot-Nets being large enough to take down these networks but, again, even these Bots would've had an uphill battle had any of the major ISP's had their servers actually working at all this week. That being...
And yet thousands of customers had broken product for over a year. In fact, for about 2 years.That's not an opinion either, that's a fact.I wonder which company I'd rather deal with.One that sells me a broken product. Makes me pay for RMA's knowing I'll never have a fixed product. Then releases a new product to fix the old one and essentially gives me a coupon to upgrade.ORI can deal with the @15% chance of getting a "lemon" and deal with an occasional difficult...
Network Design/Installation 20-30 nodes I would guess.It's actually notable that all 3 primary DNS's did drop. Charters dropped early Friday. AT&T followed as did TWC. -- This is actually google-able atm as to downtime and what occurred.By log-in servers I was actually dumbing down what I meant substantially...They actually have centers...Per center the server cost is 5-10m...I estimated it at about 8 last time I visited but, not completely sure that was during the AH...
That's the real question...Per MY understanding of how it works and again this is how I rationalized it in my brain, it might not be exact, I might be a little off...But, IPsec isn't as random as we all think it is.Your SPI/SN/ICV all have specific #s in regards to the service you're using.So if you're on a cell phone texting me, the IPsec operates within X and Y thus, it's not a difficult decryption...It just takes time.Were you on a black phone texting a black phone,...
They do but, that's just the point. All 3 major DNS servers were DOWN and 2 are STILL DOWN as of this moment (TWC is kind of up, although not really).Charter went down Friday. AT&T went down Friday and so did TWC.So since those servers were DOWN...And Blizzard has 3 to handle the load...They had to switch them over, obviously...Were they swapped over on a tertiary (backup of a backup) then this entire fiasco is possible.If they weren't...I call 100% bull.Sony, updated...
DDOS'ing is essentially a 2-1 use of your opponents network.Say I DDOS you right now. I'm essentially 2.5 users now actively using your network PER instance. Thus, it literally kills your inbound/outbound transfer of data.These networks (I've actually worked on Sony's per Everquest and Blizzard per D3's AH) are made to handle MILLIONS of log-ins. MILLIONS.Blizzard has 3 log-in servers on separate IP's, all 3 have a separate direct port. Sony has 1.So each one of these...
I don't agree.I don't agree because Sony just beefed up their network with like 5 data centers and a main log-in server within the last year.Blizzard just did an overhaul on all 3 login servers. In anticipation for D3 2.1...You'd literally need millions of active bots to take down 1 of those 3 login servers.Same with Twitch...Twitch beefed up their entire back-end very recently.Is it possible? Sure but, we're beyond the realm of plausibility imo...The Bot-net necessary...
So I'm not going to side completely with Mand but, NSA doesn't need a monopoly on math. There are facilities in existence with zetabytes of storage. If I remember right, the NSA has the facilities to store a yotta. With today's technology available to the private sector, I can't quite vet a yotta but, a zetta? Absolutely. Everything is dropped down to meta and transferred over...Your entire Facebook existence can be dropped from 100g down to 5mbs in stored meta....