Posts by Masked

[/quote]Curious - Where does that say anything about consoles? Just sayin.Split screen works by taking the original coding and essentially mirroring with a separate ID...The resolution doesn't change because they mirrored the product...They do, however, nuke the lighting, shadows, models etc, in order to dumb down the resource requirements...Take for example Borderlands 2...Notice the shading is off? Notice the lightning is dumbed down? Edges are a little blurry?Wonder...
I made a random example with a RESOURCE BASED "estimate" - It was by no means, scientific, actually accurate or what the final rendering would be...Sooooooooo...Still you, bro.True...Still, Halo 4 was a resource hog because it could be...I mean, it's all a question of resources, really.I don't think so - I wanted to say 720p but, not sure, actually.
4 player Halo was not originally rendered at 1080p.It'd help if you had, half a clue about what you were talking about...Just sayin.
No.The resolution still scales...Say you have a 1080 screen. What happens on a split screen is each section is basically rendered AT 1080. Thus, we're not talking about a straight % of resources...Because those resources scale as well.So it very well could be, each section takes 40%...Well, okay so, you can have 2 people play but, not 4...The beauty of Halo 2/Reach etc was that, game design, hadn't maxed out hardware capacity...It was in the beginning as well...Now, we...
It's actually not that simple...If you're pushing hardware to say, 80% already...And then you want to add 4 screens - You're now rendering 4 screens at arguably 50% capacity per screen...Math doesn't work.You call it simple...Simple still takes resources and according to them, the resources just aren't there.It is what it is.
You can't due to how the software actually works - I suppose you could plug into it but, flawed tech is flawed.Here's the article from TheVerge: http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/11/8764611/tracking-point-rifle-companyThey haven't applied for formal Chapter anything yet but, they also haven't been moving product in months.Here's the article from ET: http://www.extremetech.com/computing/206074-trackingpoint-the-linux-powered-rifle-manufacturer-may-be-bankruptDon't get me...
Not quite.The issues with the TrackingPoint were numerous...Could only use certain ammo. Due to ballistics and bullet density...No wind variation control or reading. - No windage.Atmospheric conditions were "general" and not precise.The target also had to be ID'd and be a specific color or a solution would never happen. IE, trigger would never go boom.Batteries - Don't get me started here.There were ways to actually make the Trackingpoint, the ultimate military tool but,...
...Well, considering Trackingpoint is no longer in business, this isn't exactly an issue...
LOL.You pretend to know so much, only to prove you know so little.Was a game-master on Everquest for SOE from 2004-2007...I'm intimate with //all// of the development issues...Was also a raider with Fires of Heaven/Sanctuary/Afterlife and Brotherhood of the Spider from 1999 - 2007...In fact, alpha'd and beta'd, since my neighbor became the IT for SOE...Stupid teenagers, yeah? Everquest had it's problems, particularly with clip planing which was, a MAJOR issue in alpha/beta...
You mean, until the structural support in the Thermalcrap gives way and you watch over $5k of hardware, crash to the floor, in a scene that might as well have originated in The Shining.