Posts by Masked

1/2 the US is already on Google's DNS...Most of you don't realize that because the vast majority, ignore how the internet actually works but, you already are, essentially connected to the same major ports so...There's that.
...Been a subscriber since day 1...Over 2k worth of ships...In the IRC every day...We're looking at 9-12 months...Which ironically, has always been the end game since day 1...In fact, Chris is on record saying launch would be 2017...Well, they didn't already get what was needed because their customers continued demanding more and more...So they obliged.I do agree at some point or another, they should've told the customer, "no"...But, they didn't and here we are, 2017..I...
No.Maybe 9-12 months out.The entire game BTW.Also, you're responsible for your own money - Responsible consumers should be responsible.
Shut up and TAKE MY MONEY!
Not quite true actually...Definitely not fair.When you're reported or flagged, it is automatic however, an automatic report gets generated on the back-end.Keep in mind if you're botting, you're still given a warning for like the first 2 times...They only ban you if it's an egregious offense.Did the servers for D3 - I've seen this in person.If your account was incorrectly flagged and you call/email - You ARE getting a live person. - You always have been.Calling is always...
/sigh.You're doing the math wrong.When Blizzard says they're banning 200k accounts, they're mostly INACTIVE accounts...Most of those accounts were dormant because hackers finally gained access to easy passwords etc - It happens almost bi-weekly...Someone on the WoW forums discovers they're part of a bot-net.Not to mention the "Friend" accounts they work for free based on those 200k hacked accounts...It becomes a very serious daisy chain.Above/beyond that - They're not all...
Not quite...How many PC's are 4k capable? Fewer than 10%? Right?4k televisions make up a 30% market share. 720p and 1080p just RECENTLY became industry standard.The Scorpio is appealing to the 20% of the market that can't achieve 4k on their PC without forking over $1k for the monitor/card comparable to a $500 piece of hardware that does everything for them.Not to mention cross compatibility for when that individual finally does upgrade their PC...Further - We always knew...
/Sigh - I love it when people pretend to be admins.It's about the immediate demand.Twitch requires bandwidth on each server to essentially host over a few hundred thousand people, live, hourly...Not to mention, storing if they're actually recording...Etc etc etc.Youtube functions on google's backend thus, even the encoding/decoding are entirely different processes...EDIT: Edited out an errant e...It bothered me.
Erm Twitch is live...Which requires 2-3x the support that Youtube does due to viewers actually watching a LIVE HD STREAM in congress.1 million people watching a 480-1080 video a million times a day at random intervals is less stress on a server then 100k people watching HD streams, live from HD streamers.Twitch hasn't been there for a long time.
No. There are no negotiations with twitch on the sub %'s...It's a set amount and that's it...You also have to remember that Amazon owns Twitch so...It's rather important for Twitch to be self sustaining at this point...Which it wasn't really there yet...Thus the bits etc.