Posts by Jayjr1105

Anyone know if the led's can be disabled on an RX460 Sapphire Nitro?
I use this database exclusively for ratings/reviews.... http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/PSUReviewDatabase.html
I thought with Skylake they brought back overclocking all CPU's whether they are K sku's or not. Obviously you can't overclock with the multi with a non-K. My thought was that all modern Intel CPU's can probably do 4GHz on stock voltage so in reality, you're not stressing your board much more than if you're running stock.
Built a friend a budget CAD workstation with an i5 6500 and the MSI B150 Mortar board. Is overclocking completely out of the question? Or could I squeeze an easy 3.8-4.0 without stressing the vrm's too much?
If you want to test your internet connection longer than a ping test for a few minutes you can download EMCO ping monitor Free edition. You can set up several pings to different hosts (google.com, 8.8.8.8, 192.168.1.1, etc.) and have it email you when it detects an outage.
I was reading about poor Open GL support from AMD drivers in the softplan support forums. If I do go AMD it's going to be an RX460 or 470. 3D rendering will be a secondary function of this particular workstation anyway. If the 1050 doesn't drop this week, I will maybe go with the RX460. This guy is using a Radeon 4850 512MB. A toaster would be an upgrade. It may sound silly but this particular construction company prides themselves building with sustainability and...
Two things, I'm trying to go mATX for a small footprint since the guy was used to an iMac with no tower. Second, Everything must be purchased new. This isn't some gaming build for a 12 year old, It's a workstation that will be used professionaly 100% of the time. Not taking chances with anything used.Otherwise, that setup looks pretty good.Hoping 1050's drop soon so I don't have to sell him a previous gen card.
Google Sketchup thrives on IPC performance. I'm not sure about softplan but I'm staying away from AMD CPU's for CAD work. Do you realize you told me not to buy a GPU from 2015 but buy a CPU from 2012?
Will soon be building a friend a CAD workstation for his business. He uses Softplan and Google Sketchup. I think he works with mainly 2D with some 3D. He is coming from a 2009 27" iMac with Parallels. so... Core2Duo 8GB RAM Radeon 4850 512MB 1TB hard drive I have been researching a lot and it appears AMD is out of the question for CPU and maybe even GPU because of "claimed" poor openGL support from Radeon drivers. I was leaning towards a RX460 but have changed my mind...
Sale pending...