Posts by Jayjr1105

Man, this is an awesome time to build a PC. RAM is dirt cheap again, SSD's and HDD's are at an all time low, plus deals like this. The only place you can overpay is if you must have the latest gen GPU's. Otherwise you can build a screamin' machine for under $400.
I have been away from my Pi for a while now. I have no idea what the most popular build is now for it. It used to be Raspbian but not sure anymore. http://rpitc.blogspot.com/2012/03/raspberry-pi-rdc-thin-client-remmina.html
You can install Remmina or other RDP clients on just about any flavor of Linux so I don't see why you couldn't make an RPi a full fledged thin client. Would probably be a decent one too with a quad core cpu. Thin clients are mostly single and dual core ARM.
Wow, radioshack is still listed as eligible? I got a letter in the mail on how Radioshack was going to be cut off from this. I used to work for Radioshack and used to be part of this program. Sucks the deal is same as winter.
Power consumption/noise the reason it was yanked from htpc?
What card are you coming from? oops, skimmed over it... I'd say a GTX960 would be a massive upgrade and I don't see much of a bottleneck with that CPU if any.
Hey guys, Anyone know of a tool that will pull health data of individual SSD's in an enterprise Intel RAID 5 setup? The Intel raid web console reports drives as healthy and online but we wanted to dig deeper and see how the Intel 520 SSD's were doing in a server environment as far as endurance goes. I know with consumer level Intel RAID I've been able to see individual drives with crystal disk info but can't seem to find anything to penetrate the Intel raid cards.
Just keep trying different power supply's but these are $30 for a reason. Not a whole lot to troubleshoot when things go south.
What good is this if the Technical Preview expires on the 15th of April? Does it automatically roll into the "official" version since it's free coming from W7?
Is it this card? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125502 These are Maxwell correct?