Posts by darthjoe229

That case is an awesome idea, I forgot about it! He'll love the big red button.
Also, are there other motherboards with green in them? I know Gigabyte used to have some but didn't see any 1150 stuff. Might be able to sway him with it.
For power supplies, it looks like the Corsair RM450 will be a good fit then. Either that or the EVGA 550GS. As for the color issue, arguing with hormonal teenagers rapidly loses productivity. The board's not bad, so I'm not going to fight him on it.
Yeah, I definitely meant EVO (like I said, been out of the game). I know it's overkill, and I've told him, but his heart is set on it. The aesthetics are just that important, I guess.
Excellent point! I'll add a Hyper 212, since I'm planning to OC it a bit for him. I knew I felt like it was missing something... I thought the 970 would do well on that wattage, but I'm wrong. How much does it need? I don't anticipate him adding a second GPU ever. He mostly plays ARMA III, DayZ and Ark: Survival Evolved right now. Not sure about the HT situation on them, but I know I've been pretty satisfied with my 4690K. edit: Just btw, the motherboard and RAM...
I've been out of the game for a little bit, so I was hoping to get a second set of eyes on this build for my cousin. Budget is $1500. He wants a second screen, but I have a spare 1024x768 I might lend him to fill that gap. Budget: $1500 Theme: Black/Green Purpose: Gaming/Web browsing NZXT Phantom Black/Green - $120 Intel 4690K - $240 ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 - $240 LG 24M45VQ 23.6" Monitor - $170 Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB (Army Green) - $113 MSI GTX 970 Gaming 100ME -...
Okay. Since this isn't reddit, +rep since I can't give you gold.
Not really, they don't really exist outside of some homebrew varieties and this series . There hasn't really been a demand for them because there hasn't been a major game genre to use them for, since most space sims until now that I know of used atmospheric physics.
I've always found that type of control scheme stuff very preferential based. I've never even flown with a 6dof controller, so I have no clue if I like it or not. I do hope this game spawns some real quality 6dof setups, though!
I'm a fan of RAT mice and my Sidewinder X8 Will I like this mouse experience?