Posts by Starbomba

L> means Looking or Looking For. Sorry, MMOs have washed my mind a little bit too much xDAFAIK, the fastest hexadore CPU for LGA 1366 is the X5690 with a whopping 3.46 GHz stock and 3.73 GHz turbo. The multiplier won't ever be an OCing bottleneck on that CPU, just keeping the base multi and a 200 bclk you coould get 5.2 GHz. Then there are the Turbo multipliers.I would look for cheaper options. For $150 you can get two X5650's on Fleabay or other forums. Not too bad for 6c...
L> converter for LGA1567 CPU's The good ol' times of Pentium Overdrives...Try 1 hour (when the traffic cooperates).I'm very much aware of that. Now, if USPS sucks, and i want to have at least that, you can imagine how well we are here and how i feel about how my tax money is spent...Actually, we are, just a little below Mexico, in Central America. The land where people are still using P4's and are happy with them.
Expensive shipping and finding a drop point takes too long. I do wish i had USPS.The first one. I like some American people, and others i find funny. Ironically, i have an easier time picking up stuff i get than sending it outside.
Ironically, that is where mine went. I have not moved on, but my RIIIE died a little while ago (bent pins, never able to fully fix them) after a year of fighting and issues. It ended dying on with only 2/6 RAM slots working (and in single-channel mode), and I had to remount the CPU like 3-5 times before it booted, otherwise I got a CPU error.Too bad I'm outside the US, I'd sell it to you. (maybe that's where they all went, with outside US buyers via eBay? ) I wish I could...
For me it worked, and had no errors at all, even on my dirty-as-heck windows install (i've used this install with 3 different motherboards, 4 CPUs and 3 GPUs, one of which has been Nvidia). I noticed my computer booting up and acting a bit snappier, and Windows finally upped the WEI to 7.8 from 6.1. I bet the final lag may be fully settled by doing a full secure erase+reinstall, but let's see how this new firmware holds up. My 840 EVO is currently on my EVGA P55 SLI...
Will install this once I get home, let's see if it really fixes anything on my 250 GB EVO.
I'm wondering if there would be a performance or noise boost or penalty if i were to use an impeller from a DDC1 (black impeller, really large intake) into any of the DDC3 offerings (blue impeller, small intake) currently on the market. Has anyone tried that?
Here is a more recent CPU block round-up: http://www.overclock.net/t/1505481/summer-water-block-round-up-2014 Most of the most recent EK offerings (CSQ) are not showing any nickel flaking issues, but i do not have any proof. The waay older stuff is certainly good to go. I own an EK SUpreme HF 1st model (oval top) which i bought used and the nickel is still the same as when i bought it. However, i would go without nickel if you want to go EK, just in case. I bought a...
Had 40 mins of downtime while i swapped my i3-550 for this:http://valid.x86.fr/vwnw3aWow, that really sucks! I had that happen to me as well, but the computers were in other room. They did took several good stereos, power tools, a TV and a home theater.
I have a Sapphire DualX HD 7950 card (model 11196-10-40G) It is the 950 MHz edition card, which has a reference 7970 PCB (6+8 pin and 5+1+1 power phases with DirectFETs). I was looking for another block for this card, as the ones I have are way worse than the AMD stock cooling on the VRM's (nevermind the DualX cooler). Would the EK-FC7950 fit this card? Or would I need to buy a 7970 block for this?