Posts by Starbomba

Let's see how well that mobo handles your i5. I haven't really tested my X3460+P55 Micro, but I managed to get 3.2 GHz really easy on stock voltage. Now with colder temps I do really need to truly take that to 4 GHz or more
There is still mATX out there. I would soo love to have two of those in a mATX setup.I agree as well. That would be the perfect card to WC on the tiniest cases ever, provided the front panel is modified to make a true single-slot card.
One pin is easy to fix, just take a pin or a flat and small screwdriver and place it in the right place.My RIIIE died because i had almost a quarter of the socket pins bent, and like 6 were ripped It lasted for like a year like that though.
Aaaaaand HEREI AM I now kinda know what Tex feels, having a job on the go isn't as glamorous, especially when your mobile carrier fails big time.
I lent a friend of mine my HD7950 (Sapphire DualX OC Edition @ 950 MHz) to install on his setup while he gets a 280X His rig has an A10-6800K and a GA-F2A85XM-D3H motherboard, I am unsure of the RAM though. After formatting Windows and installing all drivers, the card gets detected but will work for 10-15 minutes, then it goes to a black screen. Even trying another PSU (my Seasonic Platinum 1Kw) did not work, so we can rule it out. I have even tried using the "default"...
L> means Looking or Looking For. Sorry, MMOs have washed my mind a little bit too much xDAFAIK, the fastest hexadore CPU for LGA 1366 is the X5690 with a whopping 3.46 GHz stock and 3.73 GHz turbo. The multiplier won't ever be an OCing bottleneck on that CPU, just keeping the base multi and a 200 bclk you coould get 5.2 GHz. Then there are the Turbo multipliers.I would look for cheaper options. For $150 you can get two X5650's on Fleabay or other forums. Not too bad for 6c...
L> converter for LGA1567 CPU's The good ol' times of Pentium Overdrives...Try 1 hour (when the traffic cooperates).I'm very much aware of that. Now, if USPS sucks, and i want to have at least that, you can imagine how well we are here and how i feel about how my tax money is spent...Actually, we are, just a little below Mexico, in Central America. The land where people are still using P4's and are happy with them.
Expensive shipping and finding a drop point takes too long. I do wish i had USPS.The first one. I like some American people, and others i find funny. Ironically, i have an easier time picking up stuff i get than sending it outside.
Ironically, that is where mine went. I have not moved on, but my RIIIE died a little while ago (bent pins, never able to fully fix them) after a year of fighting and issues. It ended dying on with only 2/6 RAM slots working (and in single-channel mode), and I had to remount the CPU like 3-5 times before it booted, otherwise I got a CPU error.Too bad I'm outside the US, I'd sell it to you. (maybe that's where they all went, with outside US buyers via eBay? ) I wish I could...
For me it worked, and had no errors at all, even on my dirty-as-heck windows install (i've used this install with 3 different motherboards, 4 CPUs and 3 GPUs, one of which has been Nvidia). I noticed my computer booting up and acting a bit snappier, and Windows finally upped the WEI to 7.8 from 6.1. I bet the final lag may be fully settled by doing a full secure erase+reinstall, but let's see how this new firmware holds up. My 840 EVO is currently on my EVGA P55 SLI...