Posts by Starbomba

It does bounce. A lot. On both Unreal 2016, DOOM, and some regular 3DMark runs i've made it barely hits 900 MHz. Even running BOINC, which is more shader-oriented than ROP-oriented, it hits roughly 900-920 MHz. Unless you raise the power limit, you're guaranteed to never hit that 1000 MHz rating.I am doing a mod to survive this BOINC Pentathlon on my Nano (pictured below). Thing is, i cannot get it to display anything unless a fan is connected to the card's connector. Is...
I really dunno why it appears as 1800 MHz (imagine how fast Fiji would be with those clocks!). I keep it still at 1000 MHz core and 500 MHz HBM, all i did for this score was increase power limit to +50% and boost fan speed to 100%. I still need to tweak my card, that was just a test run in base mode with no changes.
Well, after some months, i finally have a good GPU. I bought a R9 Nano, and i've been testing it this week. This is way better than i expected. I am kinda regretting not getting a Fury X, but this card will go to my HTPC whenever Vega comes out, and i am a little bit more space limited on that rig, so the rad had to go. http://www.3dmark.com/fs/12420989 Now, i need to flash the UEFI BIOS and an underclocked BIOS, plus mod the card to add a fan to it so it can survive the...
Well, my first rig is up and running. My Seasonic Platinum needed a new ATX cable, and i installed my R9 Nano. Let's see how hot that bugger gets, maybe i'll look for custom BIOSes for it. Still missing my second PSU for my X58 tho, will be here next week.
After 5 actual Pentathlons i have no idea what i'm doing too...
God, it's that time of the year already? Been away from BOINC due to several PSU failures, misc component failures (related) and a general middle finger courtesy from life. But given a week or so, i will be back on my feet! Sadly i will not have my Ryzen system primed up (No DDR4 to boot it up), but my Xeons will be battle ready with 36 threads, i'll have a R9 Nano and (hopefully) a Fury, a 290X and if it works for anything, a 5770. BOINC ON!
Found on [H].
I am in need of a new PSU, since my V1000 got fried. However, due to size limitations, i am limited to PSUs with a length at 170mm (6.7'') or under. Only fully modular PSUs. Efficiency rated for Gold and upwards. I would also consider an 800-900W PSU, but only in Platinum or Titanium rating. The Seasonic Prime series (all of them), the CoolerMaster V series (1000w and below), and some of the newest EVGA PSUs (the 1000 G3, 1000 PS) are some of what i'm looking for. If you...
I am looking for an ATI Radeon X1950 XT AGP. It MUST be the AGP version, not the PCI-E one. 512 MB version preferred. It must also be in working condition. Any brand is okay, but with non-reference or aftermarket cooler installed (the quieter the better).
Thanks for the advice. I decided to go with my 250 GB HDD, a WD Black. It's no SSD, but it can do up to 95 MB reads/writes over SATA II, which should be leagues above the bundled HDD.