Posts by Problame

Ahhh great, hoping for the not-so distant future!Currently using a CM 120 Elite advanced wich is modded to fit a 120mm rad with P/P in the front. Altough it's a killer case for that price I'm not too happy about the looks so that Parvum is an excellent replacement We don't have same setup but for comparison; CPU idle ~25c, load ~33c. Room temp ~19-20c. Corsair H60 push/pull setup with Arctic silver 5. All cables are "tucked" away so the push/pull setup air flows over the...
Absolutely loving the case!! Any inside info on when it's released?! On stock (auto) my 760k runs 1.38v but I haven't tried any lower. 1.43v for 4.5Ghz.People here adviced me to put 1.45v for 4.5Ghz and work the voltage down from there. Offcourse it'll be slightly different for each chip.Edit; Still n2 update/add sig rigs so don't mind that.
I normally always check the BIOS settings first when a new build is finished, thats when I already noticed the BIOS options were locked out. Didn't give much attention to it at that time to be honest, tought it maybe would require a BIOS update orso.Went onwards installing windows and needed something to measure the value's so thats where CPU-Z and HWmon came in. Had mixed feelings when saw the 1.7v core voltage so I put some strain on the CPU and checked the CPU heatsink...
Me too! Considering this issue is new to Gigabyte's support I think we have to wait for a BIOS update or workaround. Tried both Richland and Trinity cpu (750k/760k) with no noticable difference.Like you I also used the heatsink touch "technique" and the heatsink was stone cold while HWMON was giving 40c+ and 1.7v. The displayed value's aren't even close to realistic Are you gonna contact Gigabyte again or whats your next move? I'm sending in a more detailed reply including...
I can verify the same problem with my gigabyte A88X board. I think it's this newer chipset (software) thats bugging out. My Vcore shows 1.7ish, all overclock options are on 'auto' and I'm not able to change a thing.I've ticketed Gigabyte and they replied me with a test setup and a statement that all should be OK. Well It's not and the only noticable difference is they're using the F2 BIOS.
Don't worry, I can confirm the same result with those BIOS settings on my Asrock board (also a vcore of 0.96~1.45v).An unlocked multiplier is pretty easy since you don't have to mind other BIOS settings unlike a CPU Bus speed OC. The CPU Bus speed is "attached" to other systems like the Northbride speed, Htlink speed and some other.I only know the workings trough trial-and-error testing on the AM3 platform so I can't give u the exact details, but suffice to say using the...
Thanks I've done some tests like prime but that didn't give me any result.If I'm getting this correctly then it will automatically use core boost when needed.Power saving options are disabled and it seems to work now! http://valid.canardpc.com/7igkie
Changed power options to high performance but no Core Boost. CPU-Z shows a multi of 38-41 but it won't move an inch. All temps check out (~30c load) so it can be done manually I guess http://valid.canardpc.com/4ng7u3Nice! Could you tell me wich CPU you're gonna use? I think my FM2+ Board (G1 Sniper A88X) is 'bugged' because the BIOS is completely locked up in terms of CPU/memory settings with a 750k/760k and it shows CPU voltages of 1.7+ in Hwmon, CPU-Z etc
I don't think it's temperature related. CPU/Core and mainboard temperatures are well below specs so the Turbo Core should've kicked in already, right?I'll try changing the power plan to max performance and see what happens.
I think you're right, Turbo Core should automatically overclock the CPU to 4.1Ghz. Maybe a certain CPU load is prequisite before it starts using Turbo Core then?