Posts by GCC_Slix

Hmmm, just might work. I'll wait till it's in stock, look up some prices first, but it looks like a good alternative. Wonder why I didn't see that before... Meh, must've subconsciously screened it out when I saw the "Out of Stock" sticker.
Maybe this is me being a newbie, but I don't see much of an advantage to flashing the BIOS to a video card to make it act like a faster video card if all that means is a name change and core/memory frequencies that can be attained through normal OC'ing. Are there any enhancements other than that in going from NP/Pro to XT? Well... I guess you could make a case for the automatic "smart" overclocking that's thermally based. Still, I don't know. There are...
Well, it seems the verdict may be in favor of the Giant yet. Seems the Tt Crystal Orb was made to cool "last-gen" GPU's like the GeForce 2, 3, and 4 series. It also eases my mind that you saw holes on the card -- two less holes that may possibly have been required to fit the cooling assembly.
I've been reading a bit about GPU cooling and I found the Tt Giant III. So first, I changed my underwear... then, I collected some links to reviews all over the net, and I found some info on the Crystal Orb. One review author even went so far as to say that he'd stick with the Clorb over the Giant because (and I'm paraphrasing) in his words, the difference was too small for the price. Can anyone offer me some advice about this? I'm still leaning toward the Tt Giant...
*Deleted* Nevermind. LOL
Only thing I'm worried about with the Tornados are the dB's they crank out (I've heard... hehehe). What is it that the Vantec site lists, I believe it's 56dB... Think it'd play nice with ASUS's QFan if I decide it's doing its job too well? LOL Thanks, digitalphreak.
Wow, wish I'd seen that one before! Didn't notice that the 900A doesn't require the mount holes. I'm thinking the SLK-900A will do for a heatsink. Now I'm looking for a fan, maybe one for the front of the case and one for the CPU. For the CPU, I'm thinking 92mm of course, just been researching for a few minutes but Zalman has hit the radar, specifically the FB123. For the case... well, I haven't researched that yet, but if it'll fit, I'll definitely want a 120mm for...
Oh yeah, my system specs if they're needed: *Antec SOHO Case (not aluminum, can't recall the model no. at the moment) *Antec TruePower 430W PSU *ASUS A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 (BIOS C1003) *AMD Athlon XP 2800+ Barton (running stock everything, including heatsink, fan, etc., except I'm using Arctic Silver paste, like I said) *1024 MB Corsair XMS DDR3200 RAM (two 512 MB DIMMs running at 2-3-3-7-1T if I recall, and they're underclocked to match the 2800's 333MHz FSB) *ATI Radeon...
I've been snooping around the net for a few days looking for ways to cool down my CPU without getting too extreme, but I thought I should get some help from the experts before I went any further (i.e. anything beyond reading about it). I have a built-from-scratch (one of my own concoctions) AMD Athlon 2800+ Barton system under the hood of an Antec SOHO tower case (equipped with two rear fans, no less), but it's a family computer, so convenience just happens to put it in...