Posts by Sin0822

They all use different sized screws but I am surprised it shorted the board??? I would try maybe using cardboard or paper spacers to hold the card down. I always use different screws and it works.
you will be fine! I have a buddy whom I gave a Z97 biostar motherboard too and it's running fine for over a year. I have a few Z170 biostar motherboards and they are solid. I think they are solid man, i wouldn't worry. The BIOS is a bit rudimentary, I really like their Z170GT7 it has a different bios and i like the LEDs, all other board makers should take note at how biostar executed VRM heatsink LEDs on their GT7 (b/c it's the best LED/RGB LED execution I have ever seen...
BIOS to BIOS auto rules change that control timings and voltages. You probably need to increase VCCSA and VCCIO to like 1.25v each or something like that.
Thanks!I am referring to the latest models released, so after the first wave of boards, majority of them are easy to spot from the extra pins in the socket. The X99A GODLIKE GAMING has the extra pins. Most of ASRock's boards with the USB 3.1 also have the extra pins (or refresh like the OC Formula). A lot of GBT's boards with the P also carry the extra pins with a switch to disable them, and they have solved a lot of the BIOS bugs which were present on the earlier ones....
sad, but expected. We will see other PC makers meet the same fate.
Most boards now have the socket with extra pins, also most boards have solved their issues in terms of boot and BIOS. X99 has matured to the point where if you buy something newer, then you are probably not going to notice a big difference between brands.
lol, please stop trolling me. You are pretending that ThunderBolt 3 and other fast protocols never came into existence. Right? Just store everything on the cloud through the internet, yea no thanks. I even have free cloud storage as part of my package of the video editor I use, I never use it since it's too slow to upload video and then download it, and I have no plans to buy terabytes of cloud storage when I have SSDs which do it much faster.
What? My camera automatically breaks up the videos into 4GB files if I go over that amount of data. There is just nothing you can do to avoid the huge amount of data.So tell me this, why would I use a 1Gbit NIC over a 5Gbit USB 3.0 ports hooked up to a SSD? 1Gbit = 125MB/s, for starters the internet connection at my office isn't over 100Mbit up. My home internet is much faster, but still cannot saturate a 1Gbit NIC, so it can't get close to even 125MB/s. My SD card...
4K video isn't a niche thing any longer. Youtube accepts it, most cameras can shoot it, and most video editors can work with it. Also, many who have the ability to shoot in 4K just down sample the footage to produce better 1080P content. As far as i understand, most 1080P footage is shot at 1:4, which means that 1 out of 4 pixels in the color space actually holds the information for the other three pixels, taking a 4K video and down sampling supposedly allows you to get...
transferring 4K videos which are basically 1GB/minute would see a positive impact