Posts by Sin0822

You do know that in earthquake prone areas of the world they tend to build buildings to withstand earthquakes of certain mangnitudes, especially very valuable buildings where they store billions in sensitive equipment...
This is like last years news! Come on TPU.....
I love their excuses for delays. The fact of the matter is that if you are in an area prone to quakes you should be building these facilities to deal with quakes. I have been to Taiwan many times and almost every time I have been there I have felt an earthquake, usually very minor, but they are very common. The fact of the matter is that if they can find an excuse to change the timeline they will if they need the extra time for something. I am surprised Intel didn't pull...
Not all though..... Some board makers rarely update the BIOS....
If you live near any tech events you can attend, they usually give them away for free
In my talks with AMD, their motto was: "We are going to take our time with Zen to ensure we get it right!". They know it can greatly change the outlook of AMD and in my opinion the entire PC market if Zen succeeds. If Zen succeeds the PC market will also since competition will increase, prices will normalize again, and users can really get more out of PCs.
Och they will be audited for 20-years? They should calculate the cost and see if they should even stay in the router market. If anything, I would think they can market that they will be audited.
WD isn't some random company, and they can just borrow money to buy Sandisk, but HDDs aren't going anywhere right now. There isn't enough SSD production capacity in the world to fulfill the growing demand for storage space, I thought there was but my friend who is a storage editor at Tom's Hardware explained to me why it would be impossible for current data-centers to switch over to SSDs at this point. Also, the pullout of the Chinese company makes it easier for them to...
What I am a little confused about is why a few of you are saying WD is going bankrupt????? Where is that coming from? The Chinese company wasn't buying into the company to help it not die, it want's control. Do you think that if a Chinese company wanted to buy into Intel, that the US government would allow that? Also you guys should know that China has very strict regulations on how foreign companies are treated within their lands as well. Also, FYI, they might go...
Well they aren't totally useless. If they could provide specific condition variables and location of purchasing it could be useful for specific uses. However, I agree that their data is a bit too narrow, they don't randomly buy from all over the nation and even if they did these manufacturers sell world wide. Their data could be considered a sample. It wouldn't be hard for a crappy batch sold in one region to heavily affect the results. Overall, it's very difficult to...