Posts by Sin0822

nvm
vPro isn't on many desktop CPUs. Also, I think that 3G thing was taken out of context. This article: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2369110,00.asp states that if the mobile device has 3G, vPro can wipe and disable the system through the notebook's 3G connection. Also, how effective would 3G be inside a desktop? There is so much electromagnetic interference, plus the case is a metal box. If a 3G signal was in the CPU, I am sure some investigator would have tried to...
It should, even if you put one in a ultra M.2 slot and the other in a PCI-E card, you should be able to get around 6GB/s.This is a single SM961 (source from a friend on FB):
Ah very nice, I wasn't aware they were already available!M.2 has a x4 lane limit (one of the SSD editors at Tom's had told me this) if we go by the DMI 3.0's real world limit (DMI 3 is 4x 8GT/s), that's roughly 3.5GB/s. Not sure if direct to CPU would be faster, but it shouldn't be slower. When you change from Gbits to GBytes, you just divide by 8 and then implement the encoding (i think it's like 128/130), but the DMI probably has more overhead than straight PCI-E to the...
I have on here for review, let me see what I can do. I can tell that it has LEDs in the IO shield, in the middle block, and in the PCH heatsink, audio area, and on the right side of the motherboard.
Ah very nice, I wasn't aware they were already available!
It's not launched just yet, but will be soon!For the past decade Samsung has been one of the premium brands for storage and memory products. Aka they can sell products with similar specifications as competitors, but for a higher price because of some factor such as higher performance in one era. This news just makes me more excited to see what Intel has coming, as Samsung's 951 was very strong, then they suddenly released the 950 Pro, and now the 961? Will the 960 Pro come...
You know what is kind of sad, a lot of the source materials for a lot of these "articles" are kind of outdated..... Here is my view on ME: It's exactly what it is called, a management engine. It's there to facilitate system management from a basic basic level, and adding more control to ME offers more consistency. People are saying it's for spying, well the NSA doesn't need ME to spy on you, they could just ask MS or your ISP to send over all your information. What ME...
SATAExpress is basically PCI-E with SATA, the ports go from 10Gb/s to 16Gb/s depending on chipset. M.2 came out and made SATA Express a moot point because it's limited to 16Gb/s while M.2 is limited to 32Gb/s and it's smaller. SATA Express is pretty much never used as a connection standard, because there are almost no storage devices, most SATA express ports are used as normal SATA ports. SATA Express has one good use, it basically provides PCI-E over cable/wire. For that...