Posts by Sin0822

damn close to 2GB/s on random 4K is very impressive.
Ah very interesting, so it seems that they are updating boards as they are ready. Cool, hopefully the Professional and OC Formula will be ready soon.
They didn't update the files yet for all their boards, it seems only the lower end first?
yea, I agree, i would have thought most people would have some type of fiber access. I grew up in an era of dial up, but then in our area we skipped DSL to cable,and have had fiber for a while. From what i understand cable is considered almost a legacy connection in most metropolitan areas, sometimes I forget how vast the states are. I will say that here in the DC area, fiber has been around for a long time (FIOS).
Damn, didn't know so many people still have cable internet over fiber
you can also try those MLCC at the back of the CPU, but be very careful (you should only really do it if you have needlepoint probes).
At IDF I heard Intel was working on getting WiGig into their products, it should be faster than current wifi. Ther eis also WiDi Pro for 4K streaming, but I fear neither might be fast enough, but who knows.At CES vendors like Aorus had powerful latptops with desktop GPUs (like a dekstop GTX980 with a mobile i7) and then had a pack setup so that you could put the laptop on your back and then just plug into the headset without external tether.
Hey The two capacitors i circled in blue, one of them will give you vccsa the other vccio The caps i circled in green, they should give you vcore. Measure at the back of the caps, one leg at the positive and one at the negative, if you read a negative voltage, change the polarity of the probes. Don't short the caps (but if you don't just remove the short ASAp (get the probes out of their asap) and you should be okay).
Here this might be of interest if you are wondering about the capabilities of the new Skylake iGPUs: https://hubb.blob.core.windows.net/e5888822-986f-45f5-b1d7-08f96e618a7b-published/fe98b14c-347b-49a7-8094-bfe43d16f67c/SPCS003%20-%20SF15_SPCS003_103f.pdf?sv=2014-02-14&sr=c&sig=%2B1P0rZYP%2BgNBEsZzRodFOz7UItxDlkNO7H9eifzDCSI%3D&se=2016-04-09T19%3A30%3A09Z&sp=rwd
Yea, i wasn't being strict with the definition of replacement. For DRAM it's a drop in compliment, which could be considered a partial replacement depending on how it's configured. For the consumer, aka Optane, I do see it as a competitor to modern SSDs. While it lacks the speed and durability to replace DRAM, it doesn't seem to have many downsides compared to NAND other than perhaps cost (or if what Intel promised in terms of speed and reliability don't pan out). Intel...