Posts by Sin0822

u can change the board then, is this on the at least BETA? does the same thing happen on non BETAs?
On auto I have seen the uncorre turbo to like 3300MHz, IDK they should fix it int he future. When the uncore is set to auto it is on some type of turbo mode Intel dictates, when you set it solid it goes to what you set. Did you try increasing the cache/uncore voltage to help stabilize it? THe uncore is like the one bus that has the least impact for users on air/water, it seems to help when benching, but then again everything does. I just leave it on auto on almost all my...
if you switch back to the broken BIOS the system should detect that it is corrupt and should flash it with whats on the backup BIOS. If it doesn't then you can do this: 1. Boot into windows or the BIOS on the good BIOS 2. then flip the BIOS switch to the bad BIOS 3. then flash whatever BIOS you want. What is above works because the contents of the BIOS are loaded into active DRAM during startup, and after that the BIOS ROMs themselves don't do much, so you can switch...
i would do whatever Raja's guide says to use, he knows the boards really well.
They tried high system agent voltage for a long time to see if it would degrade and they saw none, however they are saying its like one of the only ways to get higher clocks out of the memory. The DDR4 controller is just a modified DDR3 one and thus will act much differently, I think auto might even go to +0.5v for the IMC. These CPUs in general love the SA voltage for higher clocks. I would just leave it at what auto suggests. I tested the X99 OC Formula it also provides...
does your VRM get that much hotter with it not being on optimized rather than extreme?
just switch back to the first and if its corrupted it will reflash it automatically
good luck man!
lol i think your board is broken. But FYI betas are just BETAs they aren't meant to be stable releases and sometimes have issues, but i hadn't heard of fans dropping out. The OC thing is confusing for me, I don't get what the issue is with the way you are doing it??Also there are a lot of things you might think are just messed up on your board, but are actually screwed up across all X99 motherboard, some guys complain about flaky higher memory multipliers, Intel only...
I met that guy many times at events and never really knew who he was, nice guy, sad to see him leave.