Posts by TheSocialHermit

Noice! Thanks for the link
Thanks, guys. Anyone else want to chime in? Always good to get a few different views on this.
No one has any ideas?
Hello all, I have a few things that I would like to get appraised as I need to clean out my small apartment and could definitely use more cash (to buy more parts ). Here is the list: Intel i7-3770K Batch # 3237C043 Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H - Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128545&cm_re=GA-Z77X-UD5H-_-13-128-545-_-Product 2x Corsair Vengence RAM 2x4GB 1600MHz Kits - Link:...
There is no difference in layout between LGA 2011 and LGA 2011-3. Same hole pattern and that cooler will work.
Couple that I have been looking at from Samsung are the U24E590D and U28E590D. Both are 4K, 60Hz, has Freesync (I run AMD), they both have PLS panels (Samsung's IPS panels) and they are cheap (24" is $399 USD and 28" is $599 USD). If you have the cash to spend on it and want/need G-Sync, you could look at the Acer XB280HK. It is pricey and has a TN panel but it does have G-Sync.
Flat cables and round cables have the same wires inside, just a different orientation. At that length, you will not see any difference in performance. You must post the cable pron though once you get it tidied up. That is the law of OCN.
Payment sent for kit
If the bottom of the waterblock is where the leak originated from, you can prove that you have not tampered with the assembly of the waterblock and your Eisberg 240 is still within the warranty period, you may have a case for Alphacool to replace the damaged hardware but you will have to talk to an Alphacool representative and review the warranty that covers your Eisberg 240 Aphacool Eisberg Warranty Link. Best of luck in getting your issue resolved.
Technical previews have a set expiration after the release of the new OS that is stated by Microsoft after new builds are released. The most recent builds (9926, 10041, 10049) started giving warnings on 9/17/2015 that the license key would expire on 10/1/2015 per the Windows Insider page for downloading the ISO. To do the update to Windows 10, you must update from either Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 that is installed onto the machine you want to update. You can't...