Posts by MrPerforations

oh, ok thanks, I did not know distilled water was non conductive, ill use that when I get one, sometime in the future( hope end next month).might finally get to overclock.
hello's, if were talking watercooling loops, can you put mineral oil in it instead of water please? mineral oil is non conductive, sound better than water as no damage due to leaks.
think so as its a x3xx, all this does is reduce the cpu-nb voltage enough to take the 8150 to 4ghz on a stock cooler. voltage went from 1.225v at 2200 to 1.187v on mine.yep bios, if you have tennis elbow from gaming to much like me, your very glad you didn't spend millions on it too.
I don't think the fx is a total fail, I just cranked the vrm up to extreme and turned off the apm and turbo and 4.5ghz on stock volts? its still to hot though..., but its mostly my cases bad airflow...odd as its a coolermaster cosmos.
hello, I don't have an apu, but if you adjust the pci-e bus from 100 on the fx you can corrupt your gpu permanently is what I have been warned . I would just use multiplier only oc with it just in case. the bus and pci-e are independent clocks of 200/100 on the fx. you have 100 and a mad multiplier (twice mine at same speed), which gives better performance than a bus oc anyway. bus ocing is really for old tech locked cpu's. its obsolete these day, bit like me. and the...
hello, think the thread owner is afk and joined the intel crowd . last owners update was 2012. if hes not, I now have an 8350 , please add me to the list http://valid.x86.fr/y40kx8
hello's, I don't own an apu as of yet, but reading though this thread it rally reminded me of the disappointment I felt when I got my new 5870...urm ...I mean sapphire 280x dual gpu. I don't know what the voltage control is like on the apu, but the 280 I have is a boost one, you have to crank it to +20% voltage just to get the 940 clock out of it, if you push higher and run furmark with gpu-z open you can watch as the gpu downclocks itself to 850mhz but the clock has been...
good to hear its working now, ill keep that in mind for the future help. wonder if my dead 1000 watter has the same problem?
hello again, I just did a google of the 965's cpu-z, assuming that your cpu hit 3.4ghz at 1.28v . I found most of the cpu-z out there ran at 3.4ghz with 1.35v-1.39v. you can rule this out if it fails when not doing a heavy load on the cpu , but if it only happens when your using it , it could be just a little under in the voltage. I can't say this is 100% , but its what I deduce from hwmonitor and cpu-z images.
hello, have you gone in to bios and reset all the bios setting to default (f5 on asus or load optimal)? do you have problems getting it to fire up?, pressing power button multiple times?, if yes,i would suspect the psu as mine did this and died slow over two weeks. if not, try turning down everything in bios you can, the cpu-nb down a level and do the same for the ram. see if that brings back stability. could you post a shot of hwmonitor or something so we can have a...