Posts by Nemesis158

Forgive me if im wrong here, but im fairly certain those "28" lanes are specifically for PCIE expansion and the SB components should still have dedicated lanes. That being said, with current hardware you wont get much more out of a 16x 3.0 gpu than if you run it at 8x on 3.0
While it certainly hasnt done anything to improve the poor offerings where i live right now, The Google Fiber deployments and announcements across the country may have finally had a big enough effect to force the major ISPs to look at upgrading more of their coverage area to reduce the possibility of Google entering more markets. CenturyLink has not officially announced any Residential Gigabit service in Spokane, but there are two new apartment complexes in town that got...
If only i wasnt trying to save money right now.....
$380 for a 1TB SSD? might have to think about putting one in my laptop soon
It would seem to me that Corsair PSU's are not quite as good as they use to be. Ive got a friend on steam that was recently experiencing random restarts while gaming and they turned out to be due to his 850W Corsair PSU (I forget the exact model, its one of the newer ones) I Use to recommend Corsair PSU's as I had a 3 year old TX750 that ran my current 3930k+dual 7970s just fine, that being said, I didn't want to risk that PSU failing on me with that much gear, so I...
Honestly Corsair PSU's should be good, but it sounds like the quality may have dipped in recent years(have a friend on steam who had the same problem with his newer corsair PSU). I ran an i7 3930k and dual 7970s off a 3 year old TX750 without any issues. I am currently using an NZXT Hale90 1000W and it has been great to me so far
Unfortunately i have to agree with the above. every time i have seen/heard this issue it was due to a faulty PSU.
you can install any version of windows 7 from the ultimate ISO. you just have to edit the ISO and either: remove a text file to make it ask you upon installation; or edit the text file to choose which version to make the ISO
While i can certainly agree that these proposed Changes to Common carrier classification for ISPs are quite underwhelming, Does anyone here suspect that Wheeler would really ever have been able to get true Title II regulation put on them with these issues being so split on party lines and the ISPs vowing to go to war over it like they did in the 80s and 90s to get last mile unbundling requirements removed? Is it what we really needed? No. Is it a step in the right...
If the release of this information shouldn't be up to Snowden or someone he has given any of it to, then who would you trust to release it otherwise? The US Government? Every indication that we have seen since Snowden first began revealing this information only proves that they would never willingly release any of this to anyone outside certain politically trusted circles. IF Snowden had not fled to Hong Kong and given this information to the journalists he did, We would...