Posts by unexpectedly

I just bought the ASUS PLS 27" with the PQ-whatever in the model from Fry's for ~$529 and am stupid happy. Would have gotten Amazon for less but wanted it right now. Originally bought a Crossover from Amazon, but it went blinky within a week & it's in FedEx to Korea now. That monitor ruined me for CAD so I had to buy the ASUS so I could work again. Just bought another Crossover from AccessoriesWhole on the Bay and am hoping it's better this time. Also bought a refurb'd...
Argh... I don't see this I don't see this. I have problems doing dumb things...
There's a motherboard for sale on OCN for $500: http://www.overclock.net/t/1466347/for-sale-supermicro-h8qgl-if-crucial-ballistix-ddr3/0_30
I just tonight was thinking about the $29 230V UPS I got off amazon and remembered that snarky little jab you sent my way.See with the Ohm's law stuff you were confusing direct current (DC) and alternating current (AC). With alternating current, the simple equations become Volt-Amps, not Watts. See "Watts" is the heat generated; with AC, power factor becomes a scaler on the "IE" side. Read up on what happens to power factor and actual watts when you reduce the current...
While considering & researching Windows Server for my workplace, I gathered that you will always want to migrate. Starting over is literally having to type everything in again. Reddit r/networking and sysadmin are amazing resources. Oh, and I stayed linux. Windows = ewww.
No, sorry. ... but there's hope. Hopefully...
I suck. It's been 2 years and I'm not ever going to do this dang build. I will sell my $964.95 in parts to a folder for $400! Qty 4 : AMD 6174 I paid $556.99 for. Qty 17 : PNY XLR8 2GB sticks CL8 - 1600 from ebay totalling $279.96 Qty 1 : Corsair TX850 V2 power supply bought off OCN for $70 Qty 1 : 4U case that can handle the giant motherboard ~$50 Step 1 : Send pic of your 4p board with username and date. If you don't already have the motherboard, they've gone down...
You need chips? ... check my next post.
Got it off Amazon for a great price. Showed up quickly. Wowed me with how epic the display is for CAD work. A couple days in and it's flickering. They got back and I sent them video, etc. But now I've been teased and don't want to do any CAD work until my shiney new awesome monitor is working. I asked them what the return policy time is, which was conveniently not answered. I'm tempted to just get an Asus with the perception that it will just work and be ok out of the...
I just looked at the 2950. I was actually considering those for my current RAID. Then I found a used hp server with lots of 3.5" drives. I ended up buying a new Lenovo RD430 with 8x 3.5" drives. Some gotchyas with servers: » 2.5" vs 3.5" drive bays. Pay attention to this. If you end up with the kind you do not want, I do not know if it's possible (or how easy) to change to the other form factor. » HDD trays included or does it have blanks? » Check eBay for spares. Those...