Posts by Live_free

Hey All! I'm looking to trade my 6970 Lightning for a 1440p monitor. Preferably this monitor would be 60Hz+ and in good condition, but I am willing to consider any offers. I am also willing to add in cash if said monitor is of a good spec, new, and therefore expensive -- it all comes down to the monitor in question. 6970 Lightning : 110 + Shipping 1536 Stream Processors 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16
7970 Sold!
Replied.
Neither were ever used to mine.
Hey all! Today I have two graphics cards in the MSI Lightning line. One 7970 Lightning, and one 6970 Lightning. Pictures will follow below. Check my trader feedback! 6970 Lightning : 110 + Shipping 1536 Stream Processors 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 7970 Lightning: 220 + Shipping 2048 Stream Processors 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 *Note: Will ship world-wide but it will obviously cost more. I'd prefer to ship to US48. *Note: I...
Thanks for the reply!I know there is some fun to be had with it, believe me I do. But unfortunately I don't get much tThe 6970 Lightnings are among my favorite cards as well! They overclock like champs, don't consume much power, and at ~240 CFX they will max out anything at 1080p.Thanks for the appraisals!
ttt
Well, my cost, compared to a new 780ti that is. I'm not sure about the titan, I'll ask him when he gets on TS3 later. But I do know all processors were at 4.2Ghz, and the 780ti was able to achieve 1150/1750, for core and mem respectively.I'm going to do some more formal testing today after I pick up my multimeter and flash the bios. Yesterday was just the first break I had from school and work to play with it.
I'm trying to compare apples to apples here. Two gaming buddies of mine have similar setups; 3770k/780ti and 3820/Titan. We made sure all else was similar, from CPU to memory clocks, and then OC'd our GPUs as far as we could. So rather informal testing, but the results were interesting. It traded blows with the 780ti, but more often than not beat the titan; which may be due to the 3820. Really not bad especially considering the price differential. But I've also seen some...
For some reason these cards never seem to want to exceed 72c, even without a custom fan profile. I'm going to go for 1300MHz core today. It's taking 1.27v for 1250, so theoretically I have a .2v headroom for safe benches. Wouldn't necessarily want to run that 24/7, but I want to see what it can do. It's already knocking out 780 Tis/Titans. If there are any benches you want to see at 1300 core let me know. I'll post them if I can get a stable result.