Posts by KingT

Silverstone Strider Gold S 1500W - jonnyGURU review. http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=403 CHEERS..
Today I updated mu graphic driver, from 340.52 to the latest 344.75 and my GPU power draw dropped by 10% !!! Also GPU temp dropped 3 - 4C on the same overclock. I'm using skynet rev 3 BIOS with PL @ 100%, (that's 350W setting), before on old 340.52 drivers my Power usage would hover ~ 72% in BF4 (72% = 252W). With new 344.75 drivers my power usage would go max @ 62% , that's 217W. Both situations are with same overclock and PL setting, 1150/1600MHz, PL=100%, vGPU =...
Please I need a feedback from the 1st hand, is Seasonic SS-660XP unit noisy? My system's load is max 400W from the PSU itself, I'm interested would this unit be noisy with that load? CHEERS..
I agree on the PSU, 750W is enough.For your comment on 2500K, I do not agree, two GTX 780 would be severely bottlenecked by i5 2500K.I had 2500K @ 4.7GHz and still it barely coped with one GTX780 especially in high CPU intensive games like Crysis 3 or BF4 multiplayer.When I moved on 3770K my GPU is maxed out in every game @ 99% and there's no FPS drops in extreme situations like explosions.Also going SLI would mean that PCIE slots would work @ 8x 2.0 as 2500K is not gen 3...
That PSU is junk, I would not trust it to power a system with power hungry Q6600 and also power hungry HD7950. If you want to try it then use that 2 x molex to 8pin PCIE adapter and a 6pin PCIe connector on the PSU. But I strongly recommend you to get better PSU, cheapest decent unit is Cooler Master G550M which has 8pin and 6pin PCE connectors. http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/CoolerMaster/G550M/ CHEERS..
Seasonic's main competitors (like DELTA, Flextronics, Super Flower, hell even CWT on HXi units) do not put 12V rail VRMs on the bottom side of PCB and cool them with PSU case itself, they put VRM's on the top of the PCB or on the small daughterboard and cool VRMs with dedicated passive cooler.That gives them a possibility to cool VRMs better than SS and therefore to use very low rpm fan profile settings.In short: they have smarter design CHEERS..
Yes, 520W is more than enough for your system. Your PC would not use more than 350W from the PSU itself. Also you could get Super Flower Leadex GOLD 750W as it has semi passive mode up to load of 300W and also is very silent up to LOAD of 500W which is more than enough for your system. http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/SuperFlower/SF-750F14MG/5.html Also there's Corsair AX860 whic also has a semi passive mode up to 350W load and is also very silent up to 400W - 450W ...
There are not many good 550W GOLD full modular units on the market available. Corsair RM550 - not very good. XFX 550 XTR - rebranded G Series Seasonic Silverstone Strider 550 - Enhance OEM, not great unit but OK. You can get Seasonic G series 550 and it's rebrands but most of them are semi modular on non modular units, same goes with Cooler Master V550S. Also with 550W yo get only 2x PCIE connectors for graphic cards, and that limits your potential upgrade to...
That's a very old PSU, released back in 2007 if I remember correctly. It's based on SuperFlower platform. You should get new PSU, I'd reccomend Super Flower Leadex GOLD 650W, you don't need more power. CHEERS..
Like Shilka said, just use your AX850, it would do just fine for GTX780 Ti SLI overclocked.CHEERS..