Posts by tpi2007

I agree. It's pretty much feasible for someone with a Phenom II X6 clocked at 4 - 4.2 Ghz to have basically ignored the whole Bulldozer arch for the past 6 years and jump straight to Zen.That was the time when it looked like AMD could actually get itself together and slowly win back ground even though it was a slow process - the first Phenom I Barcelona cores had that TLB bug which implied disabling the L3 cache, which was already pitifully small to begin with at only 2...
For being a relative disappointment on the CPU side, it has to be said that after 5 revisions, two process nodes and one refinement for each, Intel has finally managed to bring back 5.1 Ghz overclocking to their CPUs. In a way this is the Sandy Bridge of 14nm, so now we can truly add performance on top of max. clockspeed instead of saying "yeah, it has more IPC but it clocks lower". Of course, being the SB of 14nm with the same IPC of Skylake, which isn't much more than...
Repost: http://www.overclock.net/t/1617871/eteknix-amd-accused-of-disabling-async-compute-on-older-gpus
It will be their 2 in 1 mainstream / enthusiast platform. I haven't seen Intel selling $500 CPUs for their mainstream platform for the past 6 years nor any CPU with more than 4 physical cores, so AMD's approach is definitely hybrid.The problem with 16x / 8x being ok now is what I see so many times in discussions, it's that it's based on current performance and requirements.In two years when we have the next major GPU iterations from both camps the value of the $500 CPU...
No, I'm not implying anything, I'm being very direct about what I expect from a $500 8 core CPU that will be competing against Intel's enthusiast platform, not its mainstream one: for it to have at least a 32 lane PCIe 3.0 controller on-die. The rest can be on the chipset for storage. If they want to sell the four core versions with only 24 or even 16 lanes, fine, that's what Intel does too, but I don't see how giving them a pass on the more expensive CPUs makes any...
AMD will be competing on a 2 in 1 basis, taking on Intel's mainstream and enthusiast platforms with Zen on AM4. Intel's 5820K and 6800K have 28 lanes and the more expensive ones have 40. With AMD's top of the line eight core CPU I'd expect the lowest latency possible, especially when doing VR. I just looked through their slides for the upcoming Crimson ReLive driver and they again emphasize VR and even mention using two GPUs, one for each eye. I'd expect an enthusiast...
I think you were played by that particular guy who answered your call. Of course they have to know who was driving the cab at the time you were in it, what kind of crap company wouldn't know that? I don't know what the specific laws are where you live, but that would probably not even be legal. Where I live each cab has a number and each driver has a license, you can take note of them. I think that they just brushed you off.Now, Taxi companies being entrenched in their...
I've got to say, this seems like an impressive effort, lots of new features and attention to detail. I hope it paves the way for a successful Vega launch too.I guess it's to say "Eat that Nvidia!". And rightfully so. Nvidia users shouldn't have to register to be able to use advertised features such as ShadowPlay and Ansel. And all just so they get your telemetry, what system you have, what games you play and how you play them, for how long, etc. No.On the privacy side...
Well, they cross license CPU tech, it's not out of this world that they would do the same for GPU tech, although as has been said already, it won't have such far reaching results as Radeon GPUs being directly put in there. Both companies have an interest in keeping x86 performance competitive on the mobile side and that means having a competitive CPU+GPU solution nowadays. Anyway, with all the effort that Intel has put into their iGPUs in the past 5 years, it's not going...
I've heard this argument before, from people that like Uber and don't like regular taxis (even though in lots of countries taxis have had a phone number for 20 years you can call to call a taxi and some even have a smartphone app nowadays) because they expect Uber drivers to shut up while taxi drivers are all too human and willing to engage in conversation.This worries me. Sure enough, lots of human interactions are awkward. Many people nowadays live in huge cities, some...