Posts by tpi2007

Interesting boards. I very much like the fact that the Wi-Fi module is not built into the motherboard, it makes for a much more secure setup; besides, if you don't need it you can always physically remove it, with the bonus that you can install something else in there. I'm curious to know if Gigabyte will be back to its former glory with X99 after the problems they had with P67, and, especially pertinent to this discussion, X79 motherboards.
Thread cleaned. Keep it civil guys.
Some say that this and other problems recently might have to do with this:http://www.zdnet.com/beyond-12500-former-nokia-employees-who-else-is-microsoft-laying-off-7000031726/http://www.zdnet.com/microsoft-layoffs-operating-systems-group-chief-myersons-memo-to-the-troops-7000031774/I don't know if their internal changes ultimately make sense, but it wouldn't surprise me that changing people's functions would result in one or another problem in the first few months of...
People have lots of DVDs from movies and TV series bought since the late 90's all the way to today that they might want to watch.The real question is why are the royalties for such an old codec technology so high that Microsoft has to think twice about bundling it with Windows.
I agree with those, but I've got quite a few more, I'll write about it later.There is another way, just enable the Administrative Tools menu in the Start menu customization menu, the "Services" shortcut is already there. And if something you want isn't there, you can right click on the Administrative Tools button, select "Open", which will open a Windows Explorer window with all the shortcuts that appear on that menu, and then you can just drag and drop anything you want...
Finally. Not as in "Finally!" but more as in "They really should be releasing this as a 128 CUDA Cores Maxwell GPU, but I guess they have a few GK208's that don't have the full 384 CUDA Cores in perfect working order, so they now take the opportunity to put to good use all the chips they stockpiled in the past months.". Well, given the cost, I can't really blame them. As has been said, for a new system, I'd agree, probably an AMD APU or even an Intel one, will do just...
I suspect that Microsoft wouldn't have come so fast clarifying that this is a timed exclusive if the community's reaction hadn't been so intense. The developer worded their letter in a manner so that we would think this was actually an exclusive. After all, the aim is to sell more consoles, they had to be deceptive on purpose. I bet that the specific wording is even in the contract.Except it backfired, like it obviously would, given the game and its origins. Not to mention...
The press release denotes that they are worried about the public reaction to this. And they should be. It's the biggest mistake they could have made. It will be bad financially for them in the short term (the install base of the Xbox One compared to the PS4 and PC speaks for itself) and in the long term, because the PC gamers won't forget about this so soon.Microsoft, which every other year says that now they will be more committed to PC gaming, doesn't walk out of this...
This shouldn't affect most users, but it will probably be disconcerting for people waiting to buy an X99 platform. In the same fashion as those who waited for a fixed version of SB-e (with VT-d patched), some will probably wait for the fixed version. Especially if you're going all out with the first consumer octa-core, that is one chip that will still be pretty usable in 3-4 years, even more I'd say, and by that time TSX will probably already be used and chips with it will...
I don't know if the images are fake or not, but the explanation is plausible, it is cost-effective to re-use the PCB from the R9 270X. Technically speaking, I also don't have a problem believing that if AMD is to release a card named R9 285 and then an R9 285X, that both will be faster than the R9 280X. The R9 285 just has to perform like the HD 7970 Ghz Edition in order to make that claim, and the R9 285X halfway between the 7970 Ghz Edition and the R9 290. If Nvidia...