Posts by tpi2007

Same here. Not buy, not play (even if it's free), nothing. I said I wouldn't buy Crysis 3 if it was an Origin exclusive and... it still is and I still haven't.Exactly. Having the OS manufacturer ship uninstallable XBL and Store apps and starting to build their own walled garden, no.Exactly. Microsoft cries when OEMs ship crapware with the systems, but if it's their own crapware that people don't want to use then it's ok.Why should people be downloading mandatory updates...
Source.It is Pitcairn again, but why such a quiet launch? This is the segment that makes lots of volume. Could it perhaps be that it can't match the GTX 950? It will also be interesting to know what the TDP of the card is, given its relatively high core clockspeed.
http://techreport.com/review/28912/tiny-radeon-r9-nano-to-pack-a-wallop-at-650 TR points out very well how the settings they used for the benchmarks could very well play out to another disappointment in third party testing. I mean, who buys a $650 card to play with AA and AF turned off? Anyway, this is more like PR for them, it's cute and the TDP for being the full chip is awesome, but that's it. They will produce a very small number and claim that they sold out. I...
This rematch is important, but the article would need an addition to address the question as much as possible* once and for all: retest both cards with the drivers that were out at the time the issues were being reported. In Nvidia's case, test with the driver prior to the one that says fixes some Kepler performance issues. You see, if there was a performance disparity then, people complained and Nvidia acted upon it, it's important to get the history of events right and...
Source.
Yes, I'm well aware of what Facebook does, and so are many authorities in Europe. Facebook is actually in court in Belgium because of exactly what you said. There are ways around it and many people use them, but that is not really solving the problem, hence why they were sued.Read here: http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/16/belgium-sues-facebook-privacy/Also, if you think people don't care about privacy (and this is a US study, I would wager than in Europe the percentages...
I already mentioned this in another thread, but I find this highly suspicious of what Windows 7 and 8.1 were / are doing before this update is applied if CEIP is disabled:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3080149If it's off, it really should be off, I think that should have been a simple concept for Microsoft to understand. I wonder if they are being proactive about it before someone finds out that they have been lying to Windows 7 / 8.1 customers all these years and...
You are diverting, disregarding the core question.But forget that for a minute, according to the EULA, unless you live in Canada, you can't even run Windows 10 without fetching updates. Taken from the Windows 10 Terms and Conditions above:Yes, you do have a choice to run another OS, but that does not equal to Windows suddenly not being de facto mandatory in the workplace or the simple fact that people that argue that privacy is gone once you connect to the Internet are...
Of course you don't even, you're missing the point. From the moment that I can't turn off telemetry entirely without breaking the EULA, risk losing the licence or have it reverted by a mandatory update that doesn't even describe what its function is, then yes, it DOES belong to every every single country because we are not talking about the Internet anymore but each user's personal computer.Arguing that your computer being connected to the Internet = loss of all privacy is...
Indeed. The amount of misinformation in these threads is staggering. However, it's the other way around.Like people saying that privacy isn't a right when it's in the Constitution of most democracies. Sure, it's not an absolute right, but then again hardly anything is, so that's a moot point.There was also someone saying in another thread that all Windows versions dating back to 95 do this phoning home thing. LOL. Windows 95 doesn't have a self-updating mechanism,...