Posts by tpi2007

Thread cleaned. Guys and gals, please try to stay on-topic, in case you think that this thread still has anything left to discuss. Thanks.
That is fine but it doesn't help much at 4K where it has to unleash all the horsepower, not to mention that it's the equivalent of manually downclocking and lowering the volts, it's just a different take to get to the same results. I'm sure that if Nvidia wants, they can do the same thing and their cards will also use less power. At the end of the day, it may be a nice stopgap solution if you're playing at lower resolutions without V-Sync, but as the months pass and newer...
You're welcome. Nvidia's Maxwell is quite a reworked version of Kepler with much better power efficiency (architectural improvements + larger L2 cache, meaning less usage of the more power hungry VRAM + better delta colour compression compared to AMD's solution, enabling them to get better throughput out of smaller memory buses, which again means less power usage given a smaller memory controller and less PCB traces).The TDP on the GTX 980 Ti is 250w, versus a hypothetical...
The thing is, HBM is going to be needed for the future, and it's not like they just started working on it, it goes at least as far back as 5 years ago. Also, they had a choice after all these years of R&D on HBM development: delay its introduction and go with GDDR5 for one more generation or do it right now.The problem with the first option is that it means throwing out the door the money already spent that can give them an advantage in that regard a year before the...
Well, I'm glad that my fear that they would re-release the game as soon as they got it to work but without all that needs to be done isn't confirmed. Releasing interim patches to those who already have the game and keeping us posted of what they are working on is a good strategy to build confidence in the consumers. The irony in all this is that we may perhaps be getting a better game that we would otherwise. Then again, with Steam refunds, I bet that this will start...
After their last message to supporting fans? That would be even more detrimental to their brand image. Not to mention logically having to abandon the Fall release of the SteamOS, Linux and Mac versions. Nvidia is also directly interested in the game being released, they have the promotion going on in many countries worldwide and the game is on their homepage, it's their reputation at stake too, that is why they have their QA and engineers also helping out.And lastly, they...
It looks very good, perhaps even awesome. On my list to play in the coming week for sure!
It matters in the context of the article, of Microsoft not listening to the feedback that they requested in the first place. Oh I know that there are other issues and bugs, I was just pointing out that this time it'll be fairly evident.The last time I saw it it was buggy and required messing with system DLL's, so no thanks, I want something that is first party and officially supported. Besides, that's besides the point, Microsoft asked for feedback, consumers gave the...
The article explains how a female character works better in these digital assistant cases, now we have Siri, Cortana, using female voices. Let's see what they do about the most requested feature for Windows 10: Aero. I still didn't see it in window borders. Are they saving it for the grand release? Either that or we're going to be reading an article like the one in the OP in around a month. It won't take decades to find out this time, the polls were public.
The video in the link I posted above shows the rain effects differences between the PS4 and PC version quite well.The smoke is there, but to be honest, from the videos I watched, it looks fake. Better said, it looks too real (but then disappears too fast) to match the game's visuals. It's as if they took smoke images from real life and pasted it in the game, it doesn't fit, it looks like cheap visual effects in B movies.Edit: look here at the tire smoke from the Batmobile:...