Posts by tpi2007

And they do, at least the very first G.Skill 3200 Mhz kit that is at the top of the list, which also highlights the fact that the top of the list is out of alphabetical order, with one G.Skill kit and then a bunch of HyperX ones, and only then does the list start following the usual order, with more G.Skill and HyperX ones appearing further down, in the right spot.TL;DR, that list is most probably being worked on right now and they are even piling on models as they come,...
What exactly do you find disconcerting? That list is incomplete. You just have to look at the fact that it doesn't even have the 3 Ghz Corsair RAM kit that AMD put in the reviewers kit.Also, there are Crucial and Avexir and Kingston 16 GB 2400 Mhz kits that on the 7th Gen APUs (Bristol Ridge - Excavator based) work at 2400 Mhz, but for now only work at 2133 Mhz on Ryzen. And 8 GB ADATA and Apacer ones where it's the same thing, among other examples. It seems pretty clear...
What the heck? A poster there said that the AX1500i (presumably other models too) doesn't have a power switch but only a pretend one that puts the unit in standby and still allows current to flow into the unit when it's "off"? What on earth was Corsair thinking? An on/off switch on the back of the PSU should do just that - turn the unit on and off - completely.
Exactly. People can't even help themselves these days apparently. As if people here are using Windows PCs instead of Macs by accident or something.
Don't make me laugh. That is boilerplate PR talk.I don't want a store telling me what I can get for my OS. Look at Apple and the way they handle things. Someone makes an application and Apple has something related coming too, they'll take it down and without explanation. On top of that, things that are perfectly legal but that don't fit with what Apple thinks are not allowed. This isn't the model that I want for Windows.
The problem is that if this catches on third party developers will be bullied by this shadow of distrust to make their software available only from the Windows Store. And then good luck trying to use Windows without a Microsoft account; that's a click you won't be able to make anymore, in practice.On a related note, go to Firefox's site and look for the download link for Firefox for Android. They don't host it, they have a link to Google's store. But Android lets you...
The whole smartphone market has unfortunately been a dumbed down walled garden from almost the beginning, but that doesn't make it right.You can't be serious. You're against net neutrality too? Let the big companies who got to a position of power thanks to net neutrality leverage that power in order to stay there by means of abolishing net neutrality, right?Windows has the massive marketshare it has because of what it is, not because of what Mac OS is. And they used to...
No, they don't a point. Why is their store better than anybody else's? Or reputable sites that self-publish and distribute? Why is the Steam / GOG Galaxy / Origin, etc, stores' executable going to receive such a warning upon installation? People with their smartphones filled with fake apps and apps with over the top permissions for what they need to do is everyday knowledge that should tell you that trying to pretend that a store owner is going to be a god-like gatekeeper...
It is an issue because this isn't what the Windows ecosystem is about. It's about an open to develop for platform. This fearmongering trying to lure people to the Windows Store is going to harm the ecosystem because Microsoft is going to cast a shadow of doubt on everything outside of their bubble for their own egotistical purposes. And note, not any other store. After all, wasn't there the argument that UWP is now fine because after a few initial updates UWP apps can now...
Source.A touch of desperation and FUD and a healthy dose of gall.But some people still believe that everything is fine and that Microsoft hasn't been trying to turn Windows into a walled garden since Windows 8.