Posts by tpi2007

No. Look at the new chart. Look at the A10-7800 clockspeeds, they are listing the 65w speeds, just as they are listing the known clockspeeds for the A10-7850K and A10-7700K. Those lines are clearly listing the highest speeds, not the lowest and not a mix between both. The 3.1 Base and 3.8 Turbo for the A8-7600 should not represent the 65w clockspeeds.It should be65w (listing by default): 3.3 Ghz Base, 3.8 Ghz Turbo - as it was listed by all the sites back in January, NOT...
Moved to the Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles sub-forum.
What do you mean by multiple profiles ? The device identifying itself as something different each time you connect it ? If you implement a dialogue box to ask the user what was just connected that trick won't work as it will be treated as a new device. I agree that blacklisting is not a good idea as it has the possibility to blacklist identical devices or classes of devices that you may need to use, so asking each time is probably the only approach.As to the keyboard, if...
Yes, unfortunately, it seems almost inevitable to have a controller there... unless you could have the reader have a flashable controller that could read all the different types of flash storage. That would require an industry standard and the different companies actually agreeing on giving up on their firmware... which will never happen. Even so, then the reader would be the weakest link, but I suppose it's better to have one to worry about rather than dozens.It depends....
Did anyone notice this: Did they just change the A8-7600s specifications without notice ? And why aren't sites like AnandTech reporting on this ? Here is AnandTech's charts saying the same: http://www.anandtech.com/show/8291/amd-a10-7800-review-65w-kaveri Now compare with the original tables from January: http://www.anandtech.com/show/7677/amd-kaveri-review-a8-7600-a10-7850k Back in January in was 3.3 Ghz base and 3.8 Turbo at 65w, now they are saying it's 3.1 Ghz...
I was sort of making a double point. The fact that it has half the normal L2 cache adds more to what Alatar was saying in the sense that these chips are not very good.But if they are really doing this because of crappy yields instead of market segmentation, then it means they have some really terrible yields. The previous Athlons - both the Trinity 750K and Richland 760K have 2 x 2 MB of L2 cache, which makes this new Athlon look poor in comparison.These chips have higher...
The problem with flash storage to begin with is that it isn't standardized like CDs and DVDs, hence why they need built-in controllers. This is the first conceptual problem. If you had the controller on the card reader alone that would be the only problem you would have to deal with.I agree though, if we can't get rid of the controllers, at least everything should preferably be stored in ROM. It's going back to the old days, but it's a good thing.As to USB devices...
Not to mention the fact that this new 860K has half the L2 cache of the normal Kaveri die, which already lacks L3 as it is. So, only 1 MB per module, totalling 2 MB.They must be doing this so the FX-4300 and FX-4350 are still relevant. The problem is these CPUs are hardly relevant anymore. I certainly wouldn't suggest them to anyone given the FX-6300's price / performance ratio.
It looks different because you're looking at two different methods to delid the CPU.With the IB-e, the user probably used a soldering iron to apply heat to the IHS until the solder melted and the die disconnected from it, hence the picture.With this supposed Haswell-e, the user just applied force and essentially broke the CPU die, part of it is still glued to the solder on the IHS, whereas with the IB-e CPU, the CPU die is still in one place. From what I remember, the user...
Quiet operation. Well, most of them anyway. The EVGA FTW edition has some noise problems.