Posts by tpi2007

It's 175w according to AMD (10w more than the 980).
I'm really curious to know where exactly AMD is going to fit this card in the lineup. Can they afford to charge a price premium? If it's based on the full Fiji die but performs worse, how much will it cost? More? Would anybody buy it given that the cheaper 980 will probably do the same thing for the same amount of power or less? Will they charge the same as the Fury? Why would anybody buy the Fury then? Less than the Fury? Why would anybody buy the 390X then?Also, they...
Or it could simply be a symptom of what we already know from the Fury (non X) compared to the Fury X:http://www.anandtech.com/show/9421/the-amd-radeon-r9-fury-review-feat-sapphire-asus/19I don't know if by voluntary choice, expecting DX 12 to make up for it, or if time constraints prevented them from better balancing the architecture or size limitations or a combination of these, the fact seems to be that the front end of the card should have been beefier.At the end of the...
AMD is said to have priority access to HBM2 since they co-developed it, so, according to the rumours of Arctic Islands tape-out, and adding a few more months for Nvidia to get their shipments of HBM2, maybe late 2016, early 2017, but it's anyone's guess.I wouldn't be surprised to see Nvidia launching some more 28nm cards in the meantime.GTX 950 is rumoured to be about ready (based on GM206);GTX 960 Ti based on GM204 is also a possibility if AMD ever gets around to launch...
With the way new process nodes are having to last longer and longer before the newer one is ready, I wouldn't be surprised to see both Nvidia and AMD playing the long game with 16nm / 14nm, if 28nm is any indication. That is to say that neither Nvidia's Pascal nor AMD's Arctic Islands will be the great panacea that many people are expecting that will leave everybody in awe. They will have to save some of the 16nm / 14nm potential for later for commercial reasons and for...
Source.It would appear that it's business as usual then, but the asterisks make it seem like we are going to be getting worse conditions than before.Note that they don't commit to providing updates that work with machines that were initially deemed compatible with the RTM release. Result? If you can't install the next update due to some new hardware requirement, for example, the support period for your computer will be less than the stated. It may even result in people...
It's mind-boggling how they let this go through. It's as if the marketing department took over the engineering one: Marketing: "Oh, look, how cool would it be if our customers could control their car with their smartphone?" Engineer: "But aren't all the recent revelations of hacking / spying / vulnerabilities / bugs and the fact that we are talking about life endangering vehicles that usually weigh 1 tonne or more and can travel at high speeds enough evidence to convince...
This.I'm highly sceptical too.I think that most of us want to believe that they will be good clockers because we are all with the wishful thinking that these will be the true successors to SB, this rumour is playing with that sentiment.
If Windows 10 behaves the same as 8.1, even with the Ethernet cable disconnected it will still annoy you from time to time by blacking out the screen reminding you to go online to fetch updates - even if you specifically disabled checking for updates. How much more annoying can Microsoft get? I guess we'll have to disable the Windows Update service to make that go away.Also, is there an option to only get important and critical updates? I mean, keep optional updates out of...
Just corrected a typo in my post above, when I said R7 270X I meant R7 370X.I remember that the 650 Ti Boost a few years ago was quite price competitive and a good buy against the 660, maybe the 950 can repeat the situation.