Posts by tpi2007

LCD monitors can darken with age if they are CCFL backlit - it's the backlight that dims over time, not the LCD panel itself. Well, LED backlit ones age too, but it takes much longer.As to the sharpness of your monitor, you are comparing monitors of different sizes - 22" 16x10 1050p vs 24" 16x9 1080p - and probably eras. Your monitor is from the 2007-2008 era, isn't it? A 22" 16x10 1680x1050 monitor was usually in the budget category, so that may go some way into...
Source.
1. That is marketing and what they say now; if later down the road they see that financially they can get more money by making a new version, or even ditch the name Windows altogether and start fresh with a new OS name, then PR will change and so will the substance. Microsoft is no stranger to doing 180s, especially recently.2. Not exactly. I think that there is an undisclosed limit, after which you have to phone them and have a conversation, although in the specific case...
Correct, it's on the game's page for more or less 24 hours now:
Absolutely. I was only putting some of the things I found on his Twitter as the months went by and didn't even mention the TV shows, the YouTube channels that talked about it, that interviewd him, etc, etc.Only all of what you and I together mentioned can explain how this game has more than sixty thousand reviews on Steam less than three weeks after being released. The game was a bit everywhere in the media.And if we look at other popular games, the phenomenon is even more...
I guess so too, after the news got out that they were issuing refunds, and those news also contextualized why the refunds were being asked, I guess Valve decided that it was time to stop admitting exceptions. Of course they can't say that they admitted to exceptions before, but I'm pretty sure that they did; the first wave of customers had legitimate reasons to ask for a refund beyond the 2 hour window, the current wave, not so much.Yesterday I took a look at Sean Murray's...
After some news sites having reported that Steam, Sony and Amazon were issuing refunds regardless of play time, Valve felt the need to put this on the game's page: For them to put up a notice like this it's probably because refund requests started pouring in - I suspect so, there was a large increase in negative reviews (25%+) from Friday to today and it's probably people writing them to then point to their negative review in the refund request as some people on Reddit...
One redditor says that properly justifying the refund request may go a long way to getting it. Just now on Steam on those reviews that are to the right side of the screen there is one user that is thanking Valve for letting him refund, even though he played 21.6 hours and another that played 14.5 hours that didn't get his request accepted.
I just read about it, it seems some people are indeed getting through with more than 2 hours of play, but not everybody. It seems that up to 9 hours, perhaps 10, it's accepted, more than that, possibly not.http://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/359547436753133758/https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/4zslu6/psa_steam_is_refunding_no_mans_sky_even_if_you/?st=ISDDDY07&sh=f763640dOne thing that caught my attention and might be something even bigger is that No...
Fear not, for now you can also feel miserable after seeing your work simply disappear in an orderly manner:http://www.pcgamer.com/no-mans-sky-may-be-erasing-player-discoveries/This is one article I will be waiting to see if it's ever updated with an answer.