Posts by tpi2007

Sorry, forgot about that. It's still a huge number of eligible people though. The point is that this is anything but a "limited number of people". If we were talking about the Windows Vista user base, then I'd agree.You're twisting perceptions by changing the order of reasoning here. This discussion began when I said that it was wise advice to be cautious (and you'll notice that it was a single sentence, I didn't elaborate any further to avoid repetition). Then I was...
It's now the 28th and the download of Magician 4.6 appears to no longer be limited; also the firmware ISOs (PC and Mac) are now available for download too, so I updated the OP with all the information and the download link.
The rule is one thread per news subject and this one is exactly about the same thing as this thread, so please keep discussing there. Locked.
Given the recent news that they decided to remove the payment feature, I guess that this thread can be safely locked. Please continue the discussion here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1553022/steam-removing-payment-feature-from-skyrim-workshop Thanks.
After reading both, I feel like Bethesda's statement is more to the point than Valve's and puts things in the right place. They seem to have taken the gist of the situation much better and made a much more direct and no-excuses statement.In the meantime Valve's statement is less satisfying and thus my reservations in my first post. I don't get a clear stance from them that they know exactly why they are doing what they are doing. We want to believe that they listened to...
Except that that "limited number of people" is, at the time of this writing, HUGE.Global percentage of computing devices, including traditional computers and tablets and smartphones accessing the Internet, more than 55% is Windows based.Out of the desktop OS universe a staggering 72% of users (Windows 7, 8 and 8.1) will be eligible for a free upgrade to Windows 10.No, the upgrade will be for the machine you are using the current eligible product on.
The problem with your way of understanding mods lies with the frontier of where modding ends and a professional career begins.If you are having fun making a mod you shouldn't be worrying about people demanding fixes and more updates for free. You have a simple answer for them: I'm doing this for fun and on my own time and terms and not charging a dime for it. I have a job and this is a hobby, so please be patient, you are free to look around for other mods or even make...
There is always a catch when you're getting a 'free' lunch, thus it's wise advice for people to pay attention, read the EULA, check the options in-depth during the Windows installation, etc.All that talk about symbiotic relationship is very nice but it hides the fact that corporations do what they have to do to get profit and some of it may be trampling on people's privacy. Did you forget how they tried to push people to create a Microsoft account in order to proceed with...
I'm glad that they came to that conclusion. I followed the discussion during the weekend, including what was happening over at the Skyrim Workshop and it was pretty clear that the community was saying a big no to this idea. I just hope that they reached it because they listened to the community and understood the nature of the proposed solution as being detrimental to the core of what being a modder is and what the modder community values and way of working are and not...
(Part in bold for emphasis)Wise advice right there.