Posts by tpi2007

That will depend on the implementation. With so many options to activate it - SMS, token, removing the drive from a PC, failing too many PIN prompts, low battery level, it wouldn't surprise me if they had put aside a part of the Flash to store this firmware and settings, also allowing for future bug patches and feature updates - that would open a vulnerability vector to access the rest of the Flash.Unless all of this functionality is hard coded in a ROM chip with only the...
This isn't news, it's editorial content. Moved.
You underestimate motivations and selectivity. Retrieve list of files and keywords -> little bandwidth used. Analyse said list, retrieve only what's necessary. I bet they even have automated tools to do this.
I wouldn't be surprised if these turned out to be the least secure SSDs on the market. I mean:This is even worse than having Wi-Fi built-in. The information on them will be in the hands of government agencies and / or independent hackers around the world long before you send any SMS to destroy it.
Wow. It's also worth noting that Windows 8.1 had just overtaken Windows 8's marketshare in internet usage worldwide in August, which is testament to the most confusing, frustrating and buggy point release upgrade process ever. This news only comes as a confirmation of the discontent, with Windows 8 losing more percentage wise than Windows 8.1.This also begs a few questions:1. Are they really going to stop providing its hardware partners copies of Windows 7 on October 31st...
Repost. http://www.overclock.net/t/1513937/anand-microsoft-details-direct3d-11-3-12-new-rendering-features
But then again you didn't go through having to use vanilla 8, nor 8.1, you're probably using the patched up Windows 8.1 + Update + August Update. It's better than it was in 2012 when they launched it. It's even better with Classic Shell installed. From a competition and user choice point of view though, they really didn't change anything, they are progressively making a walled garden out of it.
Every single thing in my post is a fact.You can argue semantics and lateralize the discussion to "true customization" when that wasn't the point. But you're right in one thing. Microsoft doesn't really allow for much customization out of the box.I guess that eats into the "new look" factor of each Windows version if people could be able to customize looks further without tampering with system DLLs.That small third party program you talk about is not really a solution as...
I'm referring to Windows Search altogether, so you can use a different search engine (or none at all).The problem now is that Bing (online) search is built into the engine, and you can only toggle that part on or off. This is nowhere near as safe as being able to disable the feature altogether now that they built Bing into it.On-line searches should be completely separate from local searches. This mingling together is beyond creepy. I say this about Windows as I'll say...
The thing is that in Windows 7 you can disable all of that to meet your aesthetic desires.You can adjust the colour intensity of the transparency.If you still don't like it, you can disable transparency altogether (it's not the same as below).If you still don't like it you can disable Aero.AND, if you still don't like it, you can use the Windows 9x theme.Windows 8 - flat or nothing.