Posts by tpi2007

This thread has run its natural course now that the CPUs have been released and we have a reviews thread. Please keep discussing there: http://www.overclock.net/t/1510106/various-intel-haswell-e-5960x-5930k-5820k-reviews/0_30
Sure thing. Please keep discussing in the reviews thread.http://www.overclock.net/t/1510106/various-intel-haswell-e-5960x-5930k-5820k-reviews
I'd just like to add to what I said in the first post that there is one gripe I have with Anandtech (besides the recent mobile trend, but hey, it's the current thing that sells): they never added the Bulldozer chips to the Bench, except for the top of the line FX-8150. The FX-4100 and FX-6100 (both, along with the FX-8150, were released in October 2011) never made it there. Many months later they added the later (August 2012 release) and faster clocked FX-4130, but those...
Well, he's been doing this for almost 18 years now, and at 32 he's at his best, I'm not surprised he wants to try something new, even though the news is nonetheless surprising. Thanks for all the great, detailed information and overall great reads Anand, it's been a joy reading the site for many years now, and I hope the quality continues for many years to come. P.S.: Did anyone wonder that the title might be a reference to this: Could he be moving to Microsoft ? Or...
I think we've covered many aspects, except the photography award, which goes to... SemiAccurate, which has the most original Haswell-e picture:
True, very true too. People with a 4770K or a 4930K from last year are probably fine on the CPU front, but need more GPU power before the CPU starts being the problem. I wonder if Nvidia's new flagship will change the equation.Also true.That reminds me of something, this release was in August when lots of people are on vacation. Do you think this might have impacted the number of people aware of it ? People are on the beach, etc, probably not paying attention. And maybe if...
Hmm, so how excited is everyone ? It seems to me that this CPU launch is not as exciting as a GPU launch, probably because there isn't any back and forth discussion because of lack of competition. Yes, Haswell-e is expensive, but there isn't anything like it, not to mention it's the first DDR4 platform. And then, it's based on a known architecture since last year. I just went back to the R9 290X reviews thread and within 5 hours we had 500 posts. Now a little over 16...
I agree. But if you ever feel the need for PCIe 3.0, you can always grab one second hand. Take this as advice on having some fun with a secondary rig in a few years.
Your motherboard most likely supports the i7-3770K, so you can upgrade to that, maybe a good second hand deal. You'll get a bit more IPC, some new features and 16 lanes of PCIe 3.0.
Not necessarily. More cores and more cache may imply more latency. More cores communicating with each other over a bigger bus, plus bigger shared cache usually has more latency, so while in some cases it's a bonus, in others it's a trade-off and in others it's a penalty.Intel doesn't need to be any faster right now, there is no competition, they are just perfecting the SB design, and that probably has implications (besides the smaller manufacturing process) in maximum...