Posts by tpi2007

[[SPOILER]]
A second hand Q9550 (E0 stepping preferably) is a good choice, but go easy on the overclocking. That Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L motherboard of yours only has three VRMs. Then again it probably won't do much more than 1600 FSB (considered OC mode) and at the 3.4 Ghz it will get you it's possible you'll be able to do it on stock voltage.On the other hand it's interesting to note that your system seems to confirm what I suspected regarding RAM support: these Gigabyte P31 / G31...
The G41 chipset usually doesn't overclock much past its max stock FSB setting of 1333 (333x4) and that's exactly the problem you are facing. Moreover, G41 based motherboards are usually equipped with only three or four VRMs for the CPU - three in the case of your motherboard, so be glad that the FSB is limiting you, because overclocking a 65nm Quad Core any higher than that would probably overheat them at the very least. Motherboard makers continued making G41 based...
It was certainly humorous and he could leave it at that if he was ever asked about it in the future, but the whole AMA gives off the feeling that there's more to it. In essence, that they are ready to start addressing questions about the HL universe. 2017 marks the 10 year anniversary of the Orange Box, so it's a potentially relevant year. They (there was more Valve staff at the AMA) talked about stuff coming for TF2 too, they talked about using Source 2 for new games,...
No, the first article was based on an interview that Chris Capposella (Microsoft's Marketing Chief) gave to the "Windows Weekly" podcast where Paul Thurrot and Mary Jo Foley participate. If it had been based off of tech professionals the title of the piece wouldn't be claiming that the warning came from Microsoft.Read the first few posts of that thread and you'll get the gist of it.Edit: here's the link for convenience:...
And in a year there'll be another and so on.It's about the exact same thing, with the exact same motivations.
This. In addition to what I said in the previous post.
I don't believe this, but Forbes has literally, and I mean literally just reposted itself on behalf of Microsoft. The same author posted an article a year ago almost to the day about the exact same subject with the exact same title. Don't believe it? Here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1586513/forbes-microsoft-warns-windows-7-has-serious-problems/ We've had this conversation before.
I don't recall Gabe or anyone else at Valve talking so much about Half-Life and a possible Half-Life game so much since, what, 2009?Perhaps the most telling answer of the whole AMA is this oxymoron:https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Gaben/comments/5olhj4/hi_im_gabe_newell_ama/dck9hyk/
I agree with him. I guess I'm ok with a movie. If they manage the feat of not repeating the disaster which is movies made after computer games being usually either crap or passable at best.In that regard making a movie based on a game is just as much a risk as making Ep 3 / HL3.