Posts by tpi2007

Not quite either.SP2 was released in August of 2004.SP3 was released in April of 2008.IE 7 was thus released halfway between them, but it was primarily so that Windows Vista could be released with a new web browser. Windows Vista Enterprise was made available on the 30th of November of 2006. It hit RTM on the 8th of November but it was supposed to have been on the 17th of October, just a day before the availability of IE 7, but there was a bug in that build that had to be...
You (and many more millions around the globe) wish, IE 7 was only released in October of 2006 whereas SP1 for Windows XP was released in September of 2002.
Because they are great games, that's why. The Talos Principle is more than a great game in my opinion, it's more like a masterpiece.As to Serious Sam 3, it's great fun and started as a DX 9 / OpenGL game and then got a DX 11 upgrade, so getting yet another upgrade makes it a nice testbed.
Interesting, thanks for the tip.For now I'm good with my scheme because I've been running the same Windows 7 install since April of 2012 non-stop.However, one other poster said the other day that he was having problems with a fresh install of 7 not succeeding at installing updates and while I was browsing from something else I found this on Microsoft's site, so I'll leave it here, may be of help to someone:Knowledge base article: Fix Windows Update errors by using the DISM...
Good find. Rep+All that advertising, those graphs, etc, all swept under the rug.
It is. "Updated capabilities to upgrade Windows 8.1 and Windows 7".Also, don't forget to also not install KB3135445, "Windows Update Client for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2: February 2016".An optional update to the Update client with basically no description on what improvements it contains is Microsoft's way of saying "It's more stuff to prepare for the Windows 10 upgrade."We've got to do like ZDNet's Mary Jo Foley, if you want to understand these people nowadays...
You know how it goes, some games are so well optimized that they even run on a potato. Others run like a potato.
Source.Source.Good.
Yeah, most probably.KB3123862 only showed up for me today, 3135445 yesterday. Both hidden too.We don't have the micro-transaction Candy Crush, instead we have the much superior Windows Updates Whack-a-moleĀ®.
Well, anecdotally I can also tell you that I've seen people with pens with a virus they brought from school computers, and they didn't have a choice other than to bring them because they were work files.The point is, you can't control the stuff outside of your sphere and sometimes you just have to interact with it in the best way possible.You also only have to go to Microsoft's site and see how many critical remote code execution patches they have issued over the years for...