Posts by tpi2007

Scott from Tech Report thinks that Tonga might be hiding both a 384-bit memory bus and 48 ROPs. Now if that were to be true, I'd say that AMD could eventually get performance high enough (at 1 Ghz+ speeds) to warrant discontinuing the R9 290 with a fully enabled Tonga with 2048 Cores. That would give them more of an advantage since Tonga is cheaper to make. Also, R9 295X with 100 Mhz core clockspeed bump and higher VRAM speed compared to R9 290X, preferably keeping the...
Agreed. I can't wait to see benchmarks with the first two games you mentioned. Maxing out The Witcher 3 and GTA V should make for an awesome visual experience.Also, games based on Unreal Engine 4 using VXGI (Voxel Global Illumination), I can't wait. And, of course, Half-Life 2: Episode 3 / Half-Life 3 on the revamped Source engine.And the fastest to get into these numbers too.I managed to capture this moment during the peak hours (there was a time with 350 members and 263...
Wow, I just checked a few and you're most probably right. The one that comes close (all others far behind) is the GTX Titan reviews thread with 3575 posts. I bet that this one will be past 4K during the weekend and hit 5K by next weekend.344.11 WHQL released two days before (here) seems identical; the descriptions are exactly the same. What are the differences ?The link to the release notes leads to a file not found page.
So tell me, how do you react when someone gives you a pen with some data on it that you must work on / access ? How are you going to use safe practices if you don't scan the file for known vulnerabilities + suspect behaviour ? Sure, there aren't 100% safe solutions because there are always zero days and it also takes time to update the databases with newly found threats, but if you don't even try, you can't expect anything but the worst.He was being condescending to whom ?...
1. I bet he was being sarcastic because he was replying to a sarcastic post. In fact the whole point of this thread is that practising safe browsing habits is not enough;2. The problems caused by scanners are worth it if the products can protect your data from intruders. Also, to protect the data from the scanner itself (accidental false positive that deletes some important files) you should do regular backups, which is a general rule anyway to protect against other causes...
Exactly!This is going backwards. In a way this isn't being innovative at all. They just want to make as much money as before by justifying the price you have to pay for a full album when in reality you only like two or three tracks from it.Hey Apple and Bono, how about this: offer an alternative that customers can choose from:1) standalone MP3 tracks of each songor2) standalone new file format of each song witha. the audio;b. the videoclip (but it seems obvious they aren't...
This is going backwards. Music is already in the DRM-free realm for the music buying audience. Now that the legislation around the world is catching up with the fact that people have been ripping CD's to MP3s for years (even Windows Media Player has allowed that for many years now), they are trying to create another way to circumvent that. Why ? Because legislation allows you to back up your data, except if that means circumventing DRM. So, they want to be ahead of the...
True, but it doesn't rule out that1. They might still send an improved chip to the foundry. After all, unless AMD has something to compete soon, they are in no hurry. Why should they ?2. What if they end up calling it GM300 ? They changed the numbering scheme from the first generation Maxwell. GM107 - GM204.After all, big Maxwell may have more improvements. Well, one of them is guaranteed, which is improved double precision rate, and another possible one is DisplayPort 1.3...
Oh, ok. But no, they don't look cheap. The GTX 970 is a 145w card with a 256-bit memory bus, it doesn't need to have a bazillion VRMs and a complex design.Does that mean that GM204 is the second version of a chip that never got released ?Besides, we don't know when big Maxwell will be released. They can be evaluating GM200 before they send an improved GM210 to the foundry. Or, they could even call it GM300. I don't know exactly what according to them warrants a minor or...
What ? The GTX 660 Ti was an unbalanced card from the beginning given the fact that they had promoted GK104 to high-end and had to disable many parts of the chip in order to make the 660Ti. It could either perform like a GTX 670 or a 660 depending on its bottlenecks. It has a 192-bit memory bus, less memory bandwidth and only 24 ROPs, along with less L2 cache, at 384 KB compared to the GTX 680 and 670's 512 KB.The only thing that the GTX 970 has less compared to the GTX...