Posts by Sean Webster

Other than optimizing your installation as I show here: Complete Guide To Speeding Up Your PC’s Boot Time – Under 10 Seconds is Possible | The SSD Review (applies to all windows and newer)   There isn't much to really do besides things that are just user preferences. Though, I haven't put much effort into looking/doing tweaks for Windows 10 lately. 
Well, after going through all my email and website accounts and passwords, it seems it may have most likely been another one of my sites I am a member on that had been hacked and it just so happened that the hacker got lucky and decided to try my matching info on teamviewer.  I feel dumb now lol.    I've gotten in touch with everyone on my teamviewer account and luckily no one else has been violated except for my home systems.    I've done all the security cleaning up...
As the title states, I can't login to my Yahoo Mail on Thunderbird after changing my account password. I tried deleting and readding the account in Thunderbird and all I get is "Login Fail. Login to server imap.mail.yahoo.com failed." With the options: Retry, Enter New Password, and Cancel.    It was literally just working minutes ago until I updated to a new password... my settings match these: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/imap%C2%A0settings-yahoo-mail-sln4075.html   Any...
Looking into that now, thanks! Yeah, I just don't see my phone's app being the enabling device for this, but you never know! And good, maybe it will save someone some headaches! 
 I do not have any clue on how it would have been compromised on my side. I have not input my password to log in to my teamviewer account in the application or on their website in months, except for on my phone (iOS application). My laptop is the only other computer I have used to access teamviewer and login, but that has been in my closet sitting for about two months now. The only thing I can think of is that it is compromised on their side. If anyone has any better ideas...
I just reported it to them! I'll update ya on anything I hear back. I also see that it seems to be happening to others as well: http://teamviewerforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=rp336t7cdifeou1f9c7dprsu96&board=1.0 Logs are located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer   -   Alternatively you can click the "Open log files..." option under extras on teamviewer.  I just looked through the ones called "TeamViewer11_Logfile" and "Connections_incoming" far. I'm changing all my...
Hi all,    I was up late tonight and noticed that suddenly TeamViewer popped up on the screen while watching a movie on my second monitor. Then I see an incoming connection. I'm like what the heck? Then the person successfully logged on. The user name that appeared was even more shocking, it was my own! Since I was there monitoring what the person was doing, I didn't move the mouse to immediately close the connection, instead I let them continue on their way and they...
No, not the same sadly. This is what a secure erase is in terms of ssds: http://www.overclock.net/t/1227597/how-to-secure-erase-your-solid-state-drive-ssd-with-parted-magic
I got an LSI MegaRAID SAS 9261-8i for sale. I had this running a RAID 6 array in my server for about 2 years. I got it a new BBU for it and a month later I revised my server and converted to straight HBAs instead of hardware RAID. So it has been just sitting in my closet for a few months now and I no longer need it.   Price: $125 shipped and paypal'd.   If you have any questions let me know!
Yes, the total capacity will be limited by the smallest drive. Thus, 3 x 512GB = 1,536GB usable capacity.