Posts by Sean Webster

Bump. Can I at least do this for a single cell?
Try power cycling it a few times.
What points? I'll email Kent back and see what he has to say on what points you ask if they are compelling. If you are referring to this post you are just wasting time: http://www.overclock.net/t/1507897/samsung-840-evo-read-speed-drops-on-old-written-data-in-the-drive/1400_100#post_23298505 Let me reiterate the slides' screenshots. You seem to not have read or understood them. 1. OP = part of all SSDs that use Flash memory. It is Required due to the inability to overwrite...
Nope.
Due to the knowledge he has had to gain over the course of his career. He needs to know everything he can as a director of product marketing. He is a highly regarded person in the flash storage industry. He works with engineering teams and speaks with other flash memory companies often. And he is close friends with us, so he would be honest and tell me if he didn't know something like this. And you realize this was a presentation for the Flash Memory Summit (FMS)? That...
Nope. All SSDs. Already asked about that.
HDDs don't get any benefit from being on a SATA 6Gb/s port vs a SATA 3Gb/s port...except faster burst speed, but that doesn't really matter.   Plug the SSDs into the SATA 6Gb/s ports and anything else into the SATA 3Gb/s ports. If you get a PCIe card, plug the optical drive in that.   If you want full SATA 6Gb/s performance get a PCIe x4 card, not x1. They are like $60ish or so.
In the BIOS, the SATA mode needs to be set to AHCI, not IDE as it is now. IDK what the setting says in your BIOS for that tho. Its the one that it isn't set to now lol. Otherwise, you aren't going to get much faster speeds out of the crappy third party nVidia controller on your board.
That is PCIe x1, that means only a maximum of 5Gb/s. Unless you need more ports, it is pointless to get one of those.  
Sorry, I just need to clear this up for one last time.  Quote: It does.ALL SSDs have OP. I spoke with Kent himself on it. http://intelligent.media.seagate.com/files/2014/10/FMS-2012-Tutorial-E-21-Understanding-SSD-Overprovisioning-Kent-Smith.pdf Look at slide 6: Slide two states how the space is used.