Posts by Sean Webster

That's a great deal for a very good 2TB SATA SSD. I'd grab it if I needed the space, especially that price. 
I have both an Intel i5 4670K & Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 32GB (4x8GB) for sale.   i5 4670K = $165 shipped and PayPal'd  Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 32GB = $190 shipped and PayPal'd    Message me if you have questions or offers! 
I got an i5 4670K & Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 32GB (4x8GB) here. What can I get for them?    Link for CPU: https://www.amazon.com/Intel-i5-4670K-Quad-Core-Desktop-Processor/dp/B00CO8TBOW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1495299237&sr=8-1&keywords=i5+4670k Link for...
RAID 0 = higher chance of data loss if an error occurs and breaks the array. But you get faster speeds and more capacity usable as single volume. The speed improvement is minimal in real world use tho. You could also do a JBOD config. Personally I'd just leave them in RAID 0 and take advantage of the larger capacity and performance. Just as always, however, make sure you have a good backup routine in place. I've lost and recovered data so many times and have been thankful...
500GB or 1TB 960 EVO gets my vote.
That is quite strange! So once the error occurs the system is dead until a reinstall?
Even with a clean all or writing 1s and 0s there can be traces of data...how much would actually be usable, who knows! Only a secure erase will flush all the NAND totally of its previous charged state. Yes it can brick the drive if it isn't supported or some error orccurs, but that's what warranty is for right? 😜
Get the Samsung or a mydigitalSSD BPX. I reviewed them all
Me as well!
When you disable c states and c1e/Intel speed step your CPU doesn't have any power saving features enabled. Therefore, it will not down clock or cut voltage, thus, at idle temps will be higher. This means more power consumption at idle and more heat, but you get more performance from your storage because the chipset can respond faster at the non-idle frequencies. Your speeds are still not right. Is windows power mode set to high performance and you are 100% sure all those...