Posts by Sean Webster

You just need to update the firmware on the EVOs and use the restoration tool.
read the post just before yours. ;) Quote:
I still can secure erase in Win 8.1... And RAPID doesn't affect usage much at all either.
google for it, i forgot i was reading up on it before because i had the non-gen 3 version of your board.
 I think the UEFI base firmware needs to be at least revision 2.2 or newer. That number does not correlate to the firmware # provided to you by the motherboard manufacturer. You can give it a shot and measure for yourself to see if boot is faster or not. Your POST time should be faster if it works. :D They can be MBR. I don't think that them being MBR will affect it....maybe try to experiment with it and see if it does? You can change MBR to GPT and back no issue.
If you have a GOP firmware for your GFX card, I think that your mobo may be able to take advantage of UEFI boot to speed up boot time. I know my non-gne 3 version of your board couldn't, but I think your Gen 3 can..not sure tho. Try disabling secure boot as stated below. Otherwise, I would say to just forget about UEFI fast boot with Windows 7 for now or change to Windows 8 strictly. Disable secure boot, you don't need it enabled....
The WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB is a good buy, I have a few of them and they are fast.
Nah, the release date was set a while ago. You will see the 850 EVO soon tho. ;)
You should be able to.
Oh I didn't read before the BIOS logo part. lol But it isn't related to the SSD since your PCIe slots are acting up. That is a mobo firmware issue or issue do to physical damage to the mobo.