Posts by profit8652

Those look like schokkey diodes:thumb: could be wrong just a guess.
I agree with not wanting to write a novel, this is a good question but it comes down to what each was built for. The GPU is made to crunch number while the CPU was made to be an intelligent manager of all components connected to the motherboard. Intel has the XEON PHI coprocessor that is branded as their accelerator cores. Pretty cool stuff but such a broad questions sir. All I can saw is read read read, there is so much out there on parallel processing and what...
The comments are hilarious. Just set up an apache server and open your firewall ports. Because to do your due diligence with your apache mod write scripts. You want to set up an O-auth type environment to verify whom is coming into your open port. When done correctly you can access your computer from anywhere and even magic packet your rig awake. When it is idle. This can be very technical but totally worth it considering at that point you have a huge personal cloud...
Because opensource isn't a trusted word when most of the corporations where building their foundation. How about we compare amway's network structure to facebook. One is windows based and the other is an application hack that went AWOL and now generates 2.8 billion in revenue in the course of 4 months. So tell me again why a linux platform can't be used in large corporations?
You had to know the flame war was coming when you entered this ring my friend. And just so you are aware, I happen to be one of those developers that contributes to linux distros and take great offense to the verbiage about my code being inferior to a clunky bloated windows platform and/or applications. Here is another idea for you, instead of complaining that you don't have the tools to do whatever task you are looking to do. BUILD IT or is learning also something...
Change for change sake is not a good change. Stretch that warranty out for another year.
I'm having a hard time taking it off man, Ive been working on my own drivers for games. Positional tracking is amazing, think skyrim. And when Im finished I will open source that crap game over vorpx and the related.
Oh you fancy huh
Looks legit man, you don't have a spice simulator to run it through?
I certainly prefer MPLAB as well, never hurts to know a bit about everything though. I am quite handy with intel's instruction set as well