Posts by morencyam

hey Niko, thanks for the response. The build was for my brother in law who lost the original stock backplate when he installed an H55. So he bought a new one from Amazon and the one he got was plastic. I think katie you may be right in that a plastic backplate isn't sturdy enough for the water block. I ended up pushing the nuts out of the backplate and using longer screws with washers and some lock nuts and was able to get it working. I don't blame EK for this problem at...
When I tested on air I used the GPU from the bedroom PC. When it all tested good, I reinstalled the loop, including the blocked 970. I got no power again. I pulled the GPU out of the PCIe slot and held it with the block still installed and plumbed into the loop and tried powering up and nothing still. I reinstalled the card and switched out the CPU block screws with longer ones and it booted up. So I've concluded that the stock CPU block screws were so tight and causing so...
Found some screws here at the house that I was able to use. Switched out the EK screws with my own and it powered right up. Guess the board was warping enough to short something. Thanks for the help all
Just looking at the back of the motherboard behind the CPU it looks like the motherboard is flexing a little bit. I'm almost certain this is the problem. I'm going to run to Home Depot to get some different screws and rig something else up
I regularly go 2 weeks without turning my system on at all since I've been so ridiculously busy at work recently. As long as you have some kind of biocide, I think you'll be fine
I don't think it's the PSU since it is the same PSU that was powering the system when on air and that we tested again with. And it makes no difference whether GPU power cables are plugged in or not.Correct. 970 and CPU block are the only variables. I'm going to try pulling the GPU out and see what happens. It's possible it could have been damaged, but I won't know for sure unless I slap the air cooler back on that and test itEDIT: Just pulled the GPU out of it's slot and...
Having some trouble with a build for my brother in law. Getting no power at all after installing and AMD Supremacy MX. Everything tested good on air. Any help would be appreciated. http://www.overclock.net/t/1556024/no-power-after-ek-supremacy-mx-amd-installation/0_100
Yes, that too. It would just have an error message indicating nothing was plugged into it and press F1 to continue, unless turned off in the BIOS.But I'm saying no power at all. Case power LED flashes once as you press the button, then cuts out
The EK PWM DDC pump is plugged into the CPU header and the backplate is the stock AMD blackplate, which is plastic.EDIT: The plug on the CPU header is only Tach and PWM wire. The 12V power is coming directly off the PSU
Hello all. Last weekend I helped my brother in law install a custom loop in his rig. We got everything installed, leak tested, and bled without any issues. When he got his computer home it would not power on at all. Press the power button, power button LED flashes and fans jerk as if trying to start up, then everything cuts out. This weekend I am helping him troubleshoot. First thing I did was disassemble everything and test on air. Worked fine both in and out of the...