Posts by Crabby654

Well as far as I recall, yes headphones/headsets matter but they only play the sound as good as the source it is coming from. So I do believe a new updated sound card would help.
Hey there everyone. So recently my 4 year old Sennheiser PC360's have crapped out on me, whenever I move my head the right cup cracks and turns off unless I play with the volume knob. So long story short, due to money constraints (and the impending WoW Expansion) I really wanted a "good" headset. From a lot I have read is that the HyperX brand is actually slightly better in terms of quality than most advertised gaming headsets, whether thats true or not, I can't really...
What about Framerate Cap and Vsync? Basically is there a reason to NOT have the framerate cap anyway?
Very interesting that it seems to be game specific. Hmm, I am at work so I can't try it but for The Witcher 3 I play at 1440p with Hairworks on and I get around 50-60 fps and 45 in worst case scenario. Now that is with V-Sync on, I wonder if I should try to cap it to 60 FPS. Would it be a bad idea to just have EVGA Precision (or MSI Afterburner) just cap my computer to 60 FPS and then turn on/off v-sync if needed in games for screen tearing? That might be the best case?
Hmm so it seems fairly split from the comments! I play a lot of MMOs and slow strategy games, some action, no FPS at all. So I'm still debating what's best for me, I feel like I tried adaptive vsync years ago and my FPS would shoot down to 30? I think? And I stopped using it after that. I mean for a 4770k and a 980 ti would a capped framerate be ideal? I haven't noticed any screen tearing in a few games I've done it with (ESO and the division ) so I may use it, to my eye...
Hey there! So recently I have seen some discussion on using vertical sync or a framerate cap of 60 FPS for 60 hertz monitors. My question is why? I've been gaming my entire life and I have always just turned on vsync because it seemed normal to me that well to match my nobitors refresh rate, makes sense. However I never really thought about it but does it cause a lot of input lag? I also used vsync be user of frame tearing in certain games. Something else I noticed was...
Hey everyone! So I upgraded to Windows 10 a couple days ago like everyone else and I'm having a few issues and wondering if anyone else is having the same issues. - When I open up the Windows Update app on the settings page it just doesn't do anything, the update page is blank and it just shows the dots shooting by at the top. I've let it sit there for hours and nothing. - Also programs are failing to launch at startup but they did before. Skype is no longer launching...
From what I can gather (I havent upgraded yet) you can turn cortana fully off and it will turn off the "keylogger" that it uses. And you also don't need to use the Bitlocker thing. I'm more concerned with the things you can't turn off.
So I frequent overclock.net and reddit quiet a bit and reddit has me super concerned about upgrading to Windows 10. Here is one thread that shows the privacy paranoia: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3f218f/windows_10_thread_confirmed_malware_edition/ Do you guys think there is anything to worry about privacy wise? I mean I read over the Windows 10 privacy statement and towards the end it was talking about scanning your files/folders and stuff. I wonder if...
I'm not terribly thrilled with the quality. It's a really cool concept, I'm alo not sure if I have a second cord hanging from my head as well. Damn its a shame I can't get a mic for my initial setup.