Posts by athlon 64

Well from my practice a smaller buffer is beneficial for recording because of the smaller latency. But recording tracks isn't as cpu demanding as playbacking them smoothly with a bunch of pluginson each one while mixing.So it seems to me that rising the buffer to gain some performance headroom while mixing works okay.But you have to keep it lower when recording.
Great.Not to even mention that after you bough a good am4 board you will be able to pass the next or event the next 2 generations of CPU's through it.AMD stated that AM4 will be active untill 2020 and that's one of the things i allways loved about amd. Intel can start selling boards with CPU's soldered to them. Won't make much difference.Btw is protools 12.5 good at multithreading? Does it utilize all 8 cores/16 threads?Right now my i5 4670k can cope with a 20 track mix if...
I was not talking about your post, there was another one on page 2 i think, with a bunch of integrated audio comparisons, THD, dynamic range, crosstalk etc...I really don't see why would you care about integrated audio in a PC for DAW mixing. You are never going to use it.But the DPC graphs are very usefull !EDIT: So overall intel still has lower dpc but it doesn't mean that AMD boards create problems?
Thanks for the subject. I was also thinking about upgrading my i5 4670k rig to a ryzen. It's primary a protools mixing PC. Im running 12.5. There is only one thing i don't understand. Why are you comparing audio performance for all these motherboards up here. Shouldn't you have an external card/DAC anyway? I'm running HS7's from a focusrite 2i4
I tried out the apple cinema display 30". I think i'm buying the up3017. 30 inches in 16:10 is just one of the best formats i have ever seen. And from some reason, it feels so nice and comfortable to look at that display. Everything is just as big as it should be with no scaling. When you look at a fully white surface in a dark room you don't feel like your eyes are going to pop out like i do with a TN pannel. And those colors... I guess having a high quality pannel is...
I asked him to send me a picture of the up3017 with a black screen on and no light in the room so i can see the backlight bleed. Other than that, i think i will buy it. He sent me the service code. It has been shipped 2 months ago and had 3 years of international warranty.
You might be right yes. Because i had two dell 2412m's myself, before the asus monitor and i never got over the IPS pannel. It's just, the color reproduction meant more for my user general experience then resolution did. And they were more comfortable to look at. Yes 4k on my asus pannel is crisp but it's not a mindblowing difference. My primary goals with the screen are to get as much space as i possibly can because working in protools on a surface of a 1440p pannel with...
I know it will be suported but i don't know will it keep to value due to being very outdated. Look at it from this perspective. If you bought a wfp3007 or a u3011 5-6 years ago back when they were brand new. It would be expensive but it would be an amazing value for money. You would literally have the screen for 6 years and still be able to sell it for some nice money or keep it for another 2 years untill 4k/5k get more popular/scaling problems get solved. If i buy it...
Thanks for the info. The 3017 is in mint condition, barely used. I would make sure to do the warranty transfer. So you think that the up3017 for the 50% price of the new one is a good deal even considering the current market state? I feel i won't be able to sell it for even half of what i'm now buying it for in 3 years when 5k pannels occupy the market. In a way, 2560x1600 seems to be going into the past. That's the main thing bothering me
I know, but the problem is i can't find a used 1440p 21:9 display and i currently have an offer to but either the UP3017 or the IGZO 32 inch Dell UP3214Q 4k pannel. Both for a great price. But still, the money i would spend is about twice as much as i would spend if i bought a 1440p 27" display. That's why i'm thinking is any of them a good option if i'm planning to go 5K IPS in about 3 years. I don't know witch one of them would sell better in a few years and could i...