Posts by stren

Sorry for the slow reply, my internet was terribad for a while. Ok here is the FIVR screen: The 53W might have been something bad from XTU to be honest. Now when I open XTU I can't even change much, so I think I might delete the profile and uninstall it, then see what comes up with throttlestop. So I'm able to get 4.5GHz across all cores just fine. It can thermally throttle, and even when not thermally or power throttling it still downclocks fairly randomly as far...
300W is convenient in terms of maximum ratings of aquarium heaters. It's also similar to the power a single 6700K/980 type system might consume.So a great tool to have is a killawatt - it will measure the power usage of your system. Because in reality it also depends how you're using those components. Running prime95 on an overclocked hex can use a tonne of power, but if you're gaming, then the CPU isn't always using that much power itself. Likewise if you're doing...
Actual temps depend on many things, like your actual power load, and how many radiators you have and flow etc etc. It's also hard to linearize those numbers.But let's just take an example - say you have 800W of power and 2 360's and you're deciding between the two rads. Your fans are running at 1850RPM and you have the same flow setup etc etc.10C * 800/(2*430) = 9.3 degree coolant delta10C * 800/(2*323) = 12.4 degree coolant deltaSo about 3 degrees for this setup. In...
Ok bcdedit failed like so: I think it's because the boot is messed up on the windows drive ever since I reinstalled linux on the other drive. Grub2 would have messed it up and now I can only boot windows through the Grub boot loaded on the linux drive I'm away from home for three months so I don't have a rescue disk to fix it either. Do you know if I can add this to the grub configuration to change it instead? Also here is the TPL page from throttle stop: After...
Thanks UncleWebb, yes I'm happy to help debug! I've always been surprised that realtemp hasn't needed an update in all this time. A while back I thought you had stopped developing it, until I got a new system and realized that it still works!Here's a screenshot with CPU-Z showing yes the multiplier of 41. I had to turn on a single core prime otherwise the cpu speed was jumping around too much:FWIW the single core speed of 4.5GHz that realtemp shows is what I'd tried to...
The 909 has pretty good airflow - it has a 240 mount at the bottom which I initially thought would be too little for serious cooling, I also ran a 360 exhaust out the back. However I was able to run a cpu and 7990 in there just fine with reasonable deltas on the coolant.The 805 on the other hand really struggles for air as it really only has a small feed for an internally mounted 240 that mainly recirculates warm air. The 909 has a similar front 240/280 mount which I...
Hey UncleWebb, I'm having a similar issue with realtemp - been a long term fan of the software and sadly this is the first issue I've seen with it, though I suspect it's not realtemp's fault at all. realtemp shows ~ 3.5% load with a single prime, while throttlestop shows 13.7% c0 load. Noticeably the cpu frequencies are also different between the two pieces of software. This is a 6700K in a clevo based laptop. I'd previously tried overclocking with XTU and loading with...
CaseLabs have started to carry MDPC-X sleeve: http://www.caselabs-store.com/mdpc-x-sleeve/This is quite a surprise given that MDPC's owner, Nils, had always tried to run the business in a small "family" orientated way. Typically he had preferred to close the shop whenever he got too busy. The current MDPC website still says "I am Nil... not a 'shop'". The downside to this was that he could not keep up with demand. Now it seems Nils is giving into capitalism and...
I have a single 980 TI and a 4K screen and it's "enough" unless you really want to max out everything. Depends on the games you want to run though.
Also did a write up on the ER site for the CPU water block testing methodology and examples of how different measurements vary in accuracy. If you are interested in why some sites might not live up to their claimed accuracy then it's worth a read