Posts by stren

So are you aquatuning by any chance? 3 posts, joined today, all in this thread To the others - I've been told by AT that jayztwocents didn't have problems with the blocks and I was misinformed by another user. I guess I shouldn't repeat things I've heard without confirming the source. I have a shipment coming from AT which is presumably the new backplate, so hopefully we'll confirm compatability of the fix soon
Thanks - I did test vs flow and take the pressure measurements - the only thing left to do is test on more CPUs It doesn't mean no bow - the insert can still provide bow?It's not the same as the sniper at all. It still uses a single jetplate. The Sniper and 5Noz used multiple parallel openings to reduce restriction. Initially that's what I expected given that the internals only were changing, but the architecture is very similar to the original supremacy design. It's...
Which review are you talking about? I'm hoping mine lol.The bigger review sites where people actually get payed don't have time to test blocks properly, there isn't enough interest i.e. views to justify their time. That's the non cynical view of why it is how it is anyway. Even with amateur sites it's often more about quantity rather than quality. I like to do things properly so I take my time to do it "right" but the trade off is that I could never quit my day job and...
PPCs has stock of some versions - price is 73-78 depending on version:http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=EK-SUPREMACY-EVOYes there are clean versions - for example the one in my review and the white ones posted in the EK club thread.
cpachris please get a custom block made for that ax1500i lulz, then that window can really show off your fanciness.
hmmmSo they did 5 runs - but it's not clear if results shown are averaged or the best run. They do a weird and funky heat/cool cycle with an unspecified "settle in" time. Bear in mind TIM cures, so keeping the time from application to starting your logging constant is also critical to good data. The data is not averaged after warmup but the max recorded, and as far as I can see ambients are not even removed let alone doing a delta vs coolant. The fact that they see 7C...
Yeah you might be right - I don't believe that this is an elaborate conspiracy just to save money though. If EK were trying to save money and knew that the performance was worse they wouldn't have sent it to me, or made such a song and dance over the launch.The internal TIM is not a bottleneck though it quickly becomes one. One reason I had to test at 4.0/1.25V was that any higher and my CPU was in the 90's (high ambients and therefore coolants) and I like to leave some...
Hmmm so our deltas aren't too far off 44-46 degrees vs 46-47 degrees. That my mean that my TIM isn't awful on the inside. I'd delid but then that compromises the whole testing on a stock CPU mantra.Remember people don't panic, like I said, it might just be something about my CPU, and remember this doesn't mean it's a bad block, even for me it outperformed the CPU-380 which was my previous best block.
My testing was on 4770K - I'll be retesting on the 4930K where I'm hoping to see the performance get better. If I'd had more time before the NDA lifted I would have tested both before publishing, but such is the reviewer's life. As mentioned hardwaremaxx do show the expected 2C delta performance difference on a 4930K. I do believe that EK see a difference - afterall like you said why do it otherwise and in particular why do such a big launch and sent it to reviewers? I...
Who said forum rules have to make sense? Even laws don't make sense and they matter. You can't self promote on OCN, so I can't link to my own site, nor can I ask anyone to. However if other users link to it then it's acceptable because it's not self promotion. You may also think I'm selfish by making you go to my site to read it rather than posting the info here but I can't post the information here because I'd have to pay $30 per review due to the block being...