Posts by stren

Haha there was a point where I was going to do an iwaki rd-30 too, but I thought that was excessive. One is my linux based workstation (the 4930K with 32gb of ram). It doesn't need even need one 7990, until Derick persuades me to buy 3 2414Q monitors like he tried to yesterday. The 7990s are going in mainly because I have them and they are cool . The other is my gaming rig, though I may get rid of my wife's old box and have her use that instead and dual boot the...
Yeah gotta dig them receipts out. Still a bit worrying that it happened and I'm hoping it's not a sign that my testing 290 is dying and pulling wayyyy to much current, I'll have to check the logs to see if the VRM input currents were higher than expectededit -> although fry's said 90 days of warranty on the receipt, the corsair website says a year, so I should be fine Yeah it's fancypants exotic wood - cocobolo to be exact. Got some ebony and some birdseye maple coming...
I heard pictures of iguanas count for about 50 votes.
Quote:Originally Posted by geggeg Stren, PM me if your PSU RMA doesn't go well. I got way too many PSUs with me as it is.Thanks dude - I'm hoping the Corsair guys might hook me up - they sponsored ram for the build, and if it's ten days or so out of warranty like I expect then they might take pity lol. If not I could use my evga NEX1500 instead, but four corsair PSU's would have been so much cooler and awesome and sponsor happy.Thanks - no stain though that's the natural...
While I waited to get wood, hehe, I thought I should finish the front mounted 360s as my 4 UT60s had been sitting in their boxes untouched for about 18 months. For a while I had been waiting to order screws, and so I finally did and they came in and so I could actually screw the wood front panels to the flex bay rad mounts. However you have to attach the rads first, so it was off to the land of sleeving. First I sorted through my mix of ap15's and ap16's to see what I...
Thanks - yeah the bends would have been tighter, I was trying to get away with out cutting the mandrel, but then I did anyway and probably should have changed the loop order. Oh well. Gene told me I could have done all of this without cutting the mandrel, but I really wanted the existing tube held on the inside of the bend when I did the 2nd bend For now i'll move on and at some point maybe I'll re do it. I'm out of tube right now anyway Seem like majority think ATX is...
Somewhat OT, but not totally: So I'd been using the PT1T quite happily for a while on my 290 for a gpu block review. However it's started crashing, presumably a few months of furmark can do that. I can never reduce the clocks below 1150/1375 though which is what I'd like to do. Is this normal? Is there a lower clocked version of the PT1T I can use instead? Can we use a bios editor on these yet? I was using PT1T because the stock bios would throttle in furmark which...
Nice - great to see this finished! Now go finish bulldog jk jk
I can confirm that Derick is miles away from anywhere with the most terrible internet evah. I've had to mail him the internet. Quite literally.In other news these just got released today (the clear terminals):I think that would finish dem 7990s off just right! I'd been asking Niko to let us buy the white ones from the HOF separately, but these actually match better. Now we just need matching clear screws
where is mike when you need him