Posts by stren

Yes - AC + active backplate IMO is the best you can get right now.It's a pretty small difference but it does have a "cool" factor to it.
Extensions finished - just waiting on more parts, and testing of the extensions in case I made a mistake as I put em through the panels So close I can taste it....
Adding thermal pads to an insulating backplate would help - but bear in mind most of the backplates that intend to use thermal pads machine the backplate so it's closer in these sections so that thinner thermal pads can be used. Remember that thermal conductivity is proportional to the thermal resistance of the pad mulitplied by the area dividided by the thickness. This is why alphacool's 3mm thick thermal pads will not perform well because they are so much thicker. ...
Hmm looks like almost the length as mATX which would defeat the point. I literally just want to be able to fit 2 single slot cards and thats it. But yeah the current boards already get strained with one card, you need some serious reinfocement to make it work with 2 slotsAlso any LAN case needs easy carrying handles. Handles handles handles. The problem with CL cases are the outside panels are loosely coupled, so handles are awkward unless you make them part of the...
I know nothing about this but I have often thought that miniITX would be perfect if the board allowed two single slot cards instead of one double slotter. 2 7990 or 295x2 GPU cards anyone?
a drawing is worth a thousand words with top and bottom PSU mounts it would essentially become much more like a shrunk down SM5 to mITX size and it would grow in height. I'm not saying thats a bad thing but I'd say maybe that should be an x3 which could be a bit taller with triple slot support and with single PSU + dual rads top and bottom (or dual psu and single rad I guess.
Oh I know that's why I was offering my opinion Now that I've seen the updated photos with stuff in the case it does look much harder to shrink lol. I suspect once there are more 360 AIO units out though there may also maybe more demand for that too lol though that is definitely too large IMO for mITX. I do agree that 280 demand/interest/support is much higher than ever. Interesting to know that you do plan mATX and ATX versions - again I would have assumed these would...
Yeah I'd like a M1 too just from a hoarding/collecting perspective, if I had one I'd probably use it as a HTPC when I retire my impact from testing. I wasn't saying just remake the M1, what I was trying to say was if you draw a scale of size:then it seems like from smaller to bigger:M1..................................X2..........S3while I was trying to suggest more like:M1........................X2....................S3Like I said if it can't be done then it can't be...
I'll be first to admit I'm not the target for this - I think the S3 is perfect as is, so if you're sure this is the right size for the market then have at it. But yes it's purely about size, which to me is the point of this case. I.E. Be as small as possibly while fitting full size mITX based components. For PSUs and mITX what full size means is easy, for GPU's it's a bit more complicated - do you support tall cards like the matrix/classy or long cards like the...
There is no issue - it's called constructive criticism . The quote thing was a joke jason lighten up a bit eh