Posts by stren

Yeah I get it - but do you see that once people find that out without an explanation that they won't trust that information as much? It's worse simply because the account was created specifically to answer this thread, and it looked like it was being answered business hours. It's not like you had a personal account to login with and frequently did this kind of thing and that there was a history to go with it - that's why it looks more suspicious Again not trying to start...
They are a store too, but they are more than just a store like frozen or ppcs might be considered. Having said that PPCs does have it's own brand too: modmytoys - the difference is that they are custom products that are sold by PPCs under a brand they own but they are outsourced to other manufacturers - for example Monsoon builds the ModMyToys brand fittings exclusively for PPCs, but Monsoon is not owned by PPCs and not everything that is under the ModMyToys brand is made...
Yeah i'd be amazed if you had - you really have to zoom in on that pic to see it.
Yes no backplate required. Jetplate 4 is for the original supremacy not the EVO. The EVO only has two jetplates (so far). If you buy the intel version you should not need anything more for now - although it will come with a backplate for other intel sockets that do need one. If you look at the pics of the disassembled supremacy and EVO blocks in my review you'll see the jetplates have different notches cut out of them - they are not compatible.Follow the instructions...
do not use ketchup - it tarnishes nickel or maybe it eats through it partially but yes I've tested it and you'll ruin it. Use a metal polish instead - I use brasso to clean my ek nickel without problem.
I think you're confused - x99 uses 2011-3 not 1366. 2011-3 is like 2011 in that no backplate is required, the built in socket is used to mount the block along with the supplied thumbscrews.
Given that it appears to be better on the 4930K in the few tests that we've seen I imagine it will be.I imagine either the 4930K jetplate will be used, or there will be another optimised one for x99 released.Haven't measured them but the tops look identical in height when put side by side
You're giving advice on a product that your employer makes, and not mentioning that is kinda shady regardless of whether you are here in an official capacity or not. For those that don't know Phobya and Alphacool are both brands owned by Aquatuning. It would be different if it was a voice among many, but you and I are the only ones in this thread with experience of the design, and you are the only one to have experience of the thermal performance. By hiding that you...
The differences are minor. I've never compared EK full metal to partial metal. The only time I've directly compared was the XSPC raystorm where the full metal did worse. However that also changed the mount to metal and so the mount pressure was most likely different also.Personally I would buy whichever one you want and not worry about it.
mmmhmmmm I'm all for companies correcting false information. Not a great fan of them hiding their agendas and pretending to be regular users.