Posts by stren

Best explanation I've seen of why to do it like that - thanks Martin I'm going to let that "stew" in my brain throughout the day but for now it's very convincing.For the DDC that's actually why we chose it, hoping to avoid any variation of system power dude to pump changes Yeah totally - the nice thing is that ambients actually drift during that window and we see no effect based on that. All you have to do is average for long enough to get a good enough quality result ...
Correct. The data I was looking at is FF's RX V2 data which hasn't been published yet
FF's data was the V2 (his previous data was V3) The V2 looks very similar to Martin's. Can't remember the differences between v1 and v2 though.Ah well if all your work and data are ever threatened let me know, I'll glad work on saving it and getting it up on ER Ah things like this bug me these days, too many years of engineering I guess, and having access to simulation tools that generally do a very good job. When I was back in college we had this professor who would...
Well you have to bear in mind that the pump is PWM controlled and 14/15 rads were very unrestrictive, so I don't believe the pump power is that high. fast_fate hopefully has some numbers on the actualy power usage though. I would like us to calibrate it out at least partially at some point though. When I looked at some of our calibration numbers though for the pump heat dump it was really really low though. I'm trying to find that data, but no luck on my computer. I'm...
I would wait for fast_fate to be done with his monsta testing to be honest then you'll know for sure Should be ready in a few days I think.
Only if the fan spacing is right I wouldn't think the demand is enough for CL to make a part.
The HDD rack has 5x120 spots so yeah it should be possible as a side. For flexbays you could just use a 480 + a ventilated bay cover.5x120 is weak though when you can do 2x 360s
Great to see that data - curious why the 120 does get worse with flow - I'm wondering if they are not taking the pump power out? Maybe I misunderstood stephen if that's their data?At equilibrium the heat in = heat out. That much we can agree on. The Twater_in and Twater_out *both* vary with flow rate, so I'm not sure how taking an average is helping to magically fix anything? (edit -> read later on and I think I get it now)The fact is that Twater_in changes, and it's...
Answers inside quote
This is true - this is why when we have reviewed blocks we also test performance vs flow, and take restriction measurements. Of course the user still has to interpret all of this into their system level performance, but the information is there if they are willing Generally I have not seen any blocks that got worse with flow up to 1.5GPMd3ton8 - Will this new drawing be sent in the packaging of the radiator ? It would have been tested the optimal way I'm sure if it had...