Posts by stren

Yeah proper reviews take a long time. They take even longer than this if you want a variety of things to compare the product too. Even the "pro" sites like anandtech only do 1 review per person per week. If you're doing a lot of similar items like PSUs then you can reuse the same framework and you have a repeatable test system setup for it so that may be quicker. Otherwise though if you're starting testing something from scratch it can take a month sometimes just to...
Interesting, glad to see OCN finally supporting growing the review community rather than trying to stifle it Too late for me now that I've gone outside (BTW anyone interested in such stuff can also contact me ). So just to clarify what are the new rules for those in the program and those not in the program? Who is editing the reviews? Does OCN own the content produced and does the writer have any control over the final review content? Who is the point of contact for...
gabz that is absolutely perfect - you should offer those res's for sale, I bet they'd do well!
OMG had to back through 5000 posts to get the club up to date. But here we are! Welcome to the club (some of you for the 2nd/3rd/4th time): @Wiz766 @TheCautiousOne @TheCautiousOne @grumbachr @JourneymanMike @Cyphon @transcendent12 @dubldwn @slippyturtle @Lu(ky @DeepTek @FrancisJF @Furious...
With that TPU data I'm not sure it's worthwhile to be honest in the short term. I'd rather also wait a bit for a new set of drivers and win10/dx12 to settle down and have something more concrete to test there. That way we get to really re do it once and for all - see if stutter improves, turn off AA in games and see if 4GB is fine across the board, measure frametimes, and also throw in some dx12 games when they are ready. Once AA is turned off we might only really see...
Fury overclocking scaling: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/R9_Fury_X_Overvoltage/2.html nearly 200W more gave ~53 -> 55 FPS in BF4/4K
*Reported* GPU VRAM usage got lower for AMD as cards increased and higher for Nvidia. But that assumes things are being reported accurately. Again this is something that should improve/change with DX12 but who knows if it will.
subbedy subbed
If we had more time we would have done, but I'm interested - why do you think it would make a difference? They are stock and the cooler should be able to stop them from throttling?I'd agree - 4k on 27" from ~24-30 inches benefits from AA too IMO.