Posts by Arizonian

Congrats. I think you and I may have moved over to AMD for close to the same reasons but I digress. I'm sure you can do better than I over clocking it. Enjoy experimenting and keep us posted on your thoughts. I also think I'm getting this HDMI 2.0 cable to play it safe. I have using DP currently. Funny but before my fury I didn't even think to entrain 4K. I'm...
Thanks. Boy that would stink to have the XG2700 arrive and not have the right cable. It comes with mini-DP to DP 1.2a cable so I think I'm good. Will do some more research.
Question for anyone who might know,I'm ordering a 60 Hz 4K Async panel tomorrow that comes with HDMI 2.0, from what I understand I wouldn't need anything other than regular HDMI cable or would I need this adapter too?
I just stopped by the club to say tomorrow I pull the plug on a 4K panel and handing down my U2713HM to the second rig. Considering I purchased the monitor in May 2013 I'd say this has been a great purchase as it's value continues. I can now say after owning my first Dell monitor I've been and am impressed, especially with customer service that makes things right and free cross shipping RMA's. My next monitor would have been a Dell but they don't have a 4K IPS Async...
Thank you for your reply. +1 rep for sharing as I'm within $200 of reaching my goal and about to make a $700 purchase. So along comes THIS very appealing 4K monitor with HDMI 2.0 and DP 1.2a support.I'm glad ViewSonic decided to do away with the bird feet stand on this new gaming series.As for gaming, I wouldn't mind turning down game settings while looking down the road patiently for when Polaris launches. Suddenly this nitro fury has more value / appeal to me than...
Please doI spy a lot of nice mice - added to list
Congrats added Congrats added Congrats added 628 member 899 GPU's have come thru the club.
So I started to entertain the idea of a 60 Hz 4K over a 144 Hz 1440p freesync monitor. I’m trying to get a feel for others experience running 4K on a single fury or fury X. 1. How well are you doing keeping 60 FPS average? Which games, what settings? 2. Is running no AA at 4K still as brilliant as 1440 with AA turned ON? I’m hoping with medium settings maintaining 60 FPS would be possible on my nitro fury as an interim card that I will be selling when AIB‘s come out with...
I agree the points made how AMD as a business failed, not disagreeing there. My point was at the end of day for an end consumer it's about performance, temps, pricing, power and acoustics. I still think similarly priced Nitro Fury > 980 except for power consumption. Considering HBM's extra memory bandwidth I think priced at $50 higher is even fair.On a side note but related - next gen we'll all be paying a bit more for HBM2 over GDDR5X but it will be acceptable by then. No...
Don't understand because in your logic if Fury is a fail, so is the 980 because the Nitro fury at $499 beats is in performance at 1440, and 4K along with give it run for the money at 1080. Only difference is 980 came out much sooner and saturated sales successfully. So I disagree it's a fail, it's just late to the game and that's AMD's fail as a business not the GPU standing on it's own merit vs GPU in this thread.I feel it's fair to say at similar price Nitro Fury > 980...