Posts by Arizonian

Oh I'm not complaining about fan noise at all. I find them rather quite at 100% but then again previous card was ACX cooler at 100%. Yes, I do have a steep manual fan curve.The issue I'm having is how the same over clocks now react to the new drivers.
Not happy with new drivers today. I took for a quick spin in Crysis 3. Right off the bat I noticed max temps 80C for top card and then it forces down clocking to maintain the 79C mark as best as it can. Prior I was running at 1506 Mhz with same +112 offset on power limit and no voltage. Steady 1506 MHz Core clocks even if temps reached 86C. Now same settings down clocks while gaming to 1468 MHz and seen it dip as low as 1430 MHz to keep temps under 80C. I was mostly...
Update: Well since the day this was released I've been a proud owner of my first dual GPU, See 2nd post. Today I finally sold her for $450 locally. I used the money to buy two 970's which cost me $290 in the end. I can't complain for $550 I got to play with it for two years. I got to turn up settings and it was exciting. This card was the best dual GPU to date on many levels IMO. Performance, power comnsumption and temperature. Great all around and mostly becuse it is...
Reminder - all offers need to be via PM only.
Been quite lately, I'm wondering when / if we can expect a Savu 2 with a 3310 sensor?
When I run highest 1554 MHz core clock, which is stable, it will throttle down to 1541 MHz core clock. So I don't see the point in running it that high. However from 1530 MHz core and down, it will maintain a steady clock and I've reached as high as 86C.I've been testing it on demanding games like Crysis 1, 2, & 3, Battlefield 3 & 4 and Far Cry 3.Maxwell though similar feels different than Kepler, even voltage just doesn't have the same results. I haven't figured the...
I have a Phantom 410 too. Have to sandwich the cards. SLI top card 85C bottom 70C, my ambient room temp 25C. Running both at 1506 MHz Core no Memory overclock ATM. No voltage +100 Powerlimit +130 Offset Core. Steady no down clocking.Had to set my case fans to a profile that ramps from 50% to 100% when my motherboard / PCIe slot temps go above 52C becuse its been reaching 60-70C. With a single or dual GPU I never had Mobo temp warnings as I do in SLI. Not water cooling. I'm...
Congrats - updated
From what I surmounted Gigabyte is serial based warranty 3 yrs, no registration required. If there is a place I can't find it. North American Warranty page. What I did learn, If you need to RMA looks like you have to sign up for a "Customer Global Support" account where you can start your RMA, keep track of it's progress including check your warranty by entering your S/N #. Found Gigabytes RMA Charges page if you do have to RMA.
Checked 970 boxes, my G1's are ver 1.0 and noticed the S/N numbers are sequentially made right after each other. From factory, retailer, to customer they stayed together and didn't even split apart. Any other SLI owners find this common? Fist GB for me. Is Gigabyte a serial number based warranty with no need to register on their website? Any extra perks like extended warrantees like EVGA offers?