Posts by Arizonian

Going to be away traveling for a few days so just setting myself a marker so I don't miss anyone. This way I can pick up from here. Have a good weekend everyone, play nice.
/locked Please continue same discussion on below link..... http://www.overclock.net/t/1520687/amd-catalyst-14-9-2-beta-driver-for-windows-and-for-civilization-beyond-earth
Congrats! Good feeling to score one finally after refreshing for days on end. I chose 4-7 business days free shipping and got here in 3.Post pics when you get it set up.
Nice to see GPU-Z officially supports 970's with version 0.8.0Source
Too add to what you said:It's sad to say that monitor quality control issues seem to be across the board. I've seen Samsung, Asus, ViewSonic and Dell. Backlight bleed, Dead pixels, White dot, and even shipped damaged.Some companies have more quality control issues than others. Keep in mind some companies are also better to deal with when it comes to defective monitors and differ eg levels of customer service.All these companies are selling high-priced monitors what you...
Sorry to hear that.Technically to fulfill RMA they would only need a refurbished 290 laying around to replace yours.However if they didn't have one Im not sure if they would side grade you. They may upgrade you to a 290X for not being able to provide you with the exact model. Which makes for good customer service. You'll also probably receive some sort of correspondence to get your approval before they just sent something else out.
Oh I'm not complaining about fan noise at all. I find them rather quite at 100% but then again previous card was ACX cooler at 100%. Yes, I do have a steep manual fan curve.The issue I'm having is how the same over clocks now react to the new drivers.
Not happy with new drivers today. I took for a quick spin in Crysis 3. Right off the bat I noticed max temps 80C for top card and then it forces down clocking to maintain the 79C mark as best as it can. Prior I was running at 1506 Mhz with same +112 offset on power limit and no voltage. Steady 1506 MHz Core clocks even if temps reached 86C. Now same settings down clocks while gaming to 1468 MHz and seen it dip as low as 1430 MHz to keep temps under 80C. I was mostly...
Update: Well since the day this was released I've been a proud owner of my first dual GPU, See 2nd post. Today I finally sold her for $450 locally. I used the money to buy two 970's which cost me $290 in the end. I can't complain for $550 I got to play with it for two years. I got to turn up settings and it was exciting. This card was the best dual GPU to date on many levels IMO. Performance, power comnsumption and temperature. Great all around and mostly becuse it is...
Reminder - all offers need to be via PM only.