Posts by paradoxum

Thanks, I was worried about stacking them not working as well because I couldn't alter my order before it had shipped, and it's coming US->UK so it would have been a pain to have to spend more on shipping.
You sure that'll be fine, the stack them? are they just like a putty rolled flat? I guess I had this image of them having a sort of structure to them with the outer sides being different to the interior, but I guess at 0.5mm height that would be pretty hard to do, so it must just be like a putty substance - the only problem I can see is getting bubbles trapped when layering them, I guess if I get any I can't push out without deforming the pad I could use a needle to poke a...
Thanks for the info! Could I use the Fujipoly thermal pads cut to size instead of the ones the block ships with? I've got some 0.5mm tall 17 Kw/H coming, I have been told you can stack it if it's not thick enough so should be a good improvement right?
I expected to have to remove all of the stock heat spreader stuff from the sticks. To check before I buy, I want these, correct? http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-253-EK&groupid=962&catid=2201 x 1 http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-326-EK&groupid=962&catid=2201 x 2 I know the block covers 4 sticks and I only have two, but future proofing etc - there won't be any installation issues with just two sticks and the 4x block will...
The 60x50 size was out of stock so I just went ahead and bought the 200 x 150 x 0.5 - 17.0 W/mK pack. Should do my R9 290 and motherboard mosfets/southbridge heatsinks with a lot to spare. I guess I could even do my laptop and PS3. What's the final consensus if there is one on whether or not to use TIM with it? I've got some MX-4 I've had for about a year still in the tube which I'm going to use when I reseat the CPU and for the chip on the GPU, unless anyone can...
My WC loop is pretty excessive for cooling what it is, so I was thinking I might get some ram blocks to make more use of it, give the 1.85v overclock a try. This is the ram: G.Skill 2x4GB DDR3 2666MHz TridentX Memory All my current blocks are EK acetal+nickel, if that matters. I've never looked at ram blocks before so I'm not even sure if they're all universal or what. I'm guessing maybe all DDR3 blocks might fit any DDR3 stick and so on. Thanks in advance.
I see, but in general I've been told it is pretty excessive anyway.
The Maximus V Formula comes with preinstalled asus waterblocks on the mosfets southbridge, but they only have barbs on them, so I bought the appropriate EK kit for it so I could add it to my loop. The EK kit came with the mosfet block and southbridge block*. I don't think it's excessive, I have a triple rad with 6 fans on in push/pull, a single 120 rad with a pull fan, and a dual 120 rad with 2 fans in push, that's pretty overkill even if I had a GPU in the loop, I think...
I got mine today, I was just going to use the stock air cooler with it until EK came out with their waterblock next month, but it won't fit anywhere but the bottom 8x lane because the cooler is making contact with the southbridge block. https://imgur.com/a/8bVo9
Well I got my card, and with the gigantic fan cooler it won't fit anywhere but the lower 8x lane, and that's with leaving the southbridge on passive cooling with just the block on it, which is no problem, but even if I swaped the EK block for the one that came with the board, the one with the board is actually taller if I recall correctly. Basically the fansink on the card is stopping it from going in either of the top two pcie lanes, it's also making the card a lot...