Posts by paradoxum

I tried removing and reinstalling multiple times and cleaning it up first - do we really still have to make sure to scrub graphics card drivers for new installations these days? you'd think the installers should be able to take care of all that by now.Can you tell me what DDU is?Thanks again.
No I haven't, I'm relatively ignorant of all the different cards personally - I just assumed because they were more expensive they had higher clocks (among other things like more RAM, shaders(?) etc)Could you give the name of what my overclocked Tri-X OC 290 would be the equivelant of had I bought something more expensive?
So I have the CoolLaboratory Liquid Ultra for my i7 3770k now, but I was thinking of using it on the card in place of the MX-4 I used on it - the core only gets to 59c max now during benching, so it doesn't NEED to be done, but would taking the waterblock off effect the Fujipoly pads in any way? Will I ruin the nice little 'connection' they've made with the block and chips? Oh and also, can I actually use the CLLU on the core, is it safe? I mean, as safe as applying it to...
In the list you could change me from Stock to Watercooling (EK-FC R9-290X Block) and it's not the R9 290X, just the 290 - my high overclock might have made it look like one though?
I installed RC3 but it kept crashing and the CCC wouldn't run. Had to roll back to 14.4. The previous beta release was fine for me.
Can I be added to the list? http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/details.php?id=dpsxe http://www.3dmark.com/fs/2581923
Thanks, ordered some. I guess painters tape would just be masking tape, got that as well as electrical (less sticky and won't leave gunk on if left on too long).
Just like black electrical tape around the edges so there's no chance of it being squeezed out onto stuff surrounding the CPU when putting the block on? Did you remove it afterwards or just left it there? I guess if you use a tiny amount and spread it very finely then that might not be a problem.
Is this the stuff? http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=TH-013-CLYeah, the Formula V I have came with a mosfet block that had barbs on it for optional watercooling but I replaced it with an EK kit that did the southbridge (or is it the PCH now?) not that it's necessary. I don't know why I feel like I need to keep saying that when talking to overclockers/watercoolers. At least they wisened up with the Formula VII and added G1/4 threads so you can use your...
I think my next big purchase will probably be a Formula VII board, 4x sticks of higher spec ram (and watercool those, just because it'll look cool), and whatever CPU is good at the time, too early to make a decision right now, but I love the look of the Formula VII, with all the 'armour' on it. I can't stand bare-looking boards (always got a backplate for my GPU's etc). Not sure what I'd lose out on instead of getting a Hero or Ranger or whatever the other ones are...