Posts by paradoxum

I saw them but I think they're too thick, the holes are about 3mm O/D
I broke a couple of mine off a heatsink and I can't seem to find anywhere that sells them that aren't in bulk like hundreds when I only need two. I think they're about 3mm in diameter, they had/have a spring, but I guess that doesn't matter, I just need an appropriate type self-sealing rivet connector for it. They are for this: Hard to find a good picture of them but this is what I'm talking about:
https://www.frozencpu.com/products/2601/ffa-18/ 120mm Red Steel Mesh Filter / Grill (CASMF-120RD) I can't find anywhere else online that has them or stock (or has ever had them) and I need at least 6 more to finish a build. 3 at the very least I want to get to finish the other side of this radiator; (speaking of which anywhere got 1300rpm NB-eLoops in stock?) Anyone able to help me out / know where they got their stock from for it in the first place or anything...
Thanks a lot man. I'll see if any of the metal pads match the size of the cpu and use one of those with it. and yeah, the fujipoly ultra extreme (hardcore!xxXxx!) 17w/mk are expensive but they are amazing, plus you can buy different sized sheets and usually you can get enough to cover a whole GPU for maybe $30, you don't need to buy the massive sheets as you just cut it to size to fit on the chips etc. There was a thread a while back where I posted my results doing it...
This was my worry here really. I think I could probably do it safely, but since my warranty is void why take that risk now?Unfortunately since frozencpu are closing I can't find anywhere else that stocks the "Fujipoly / ModRight Ultra Extreme System Builder Thermal Pad Blister Pack - 1/2 Sheet - 200 x 150 x 0.5 - Thermal Conductivity 17.0 W/mK" etc thermal pads, specifically the "Ultra Extreme" ones that are 17.0 W/mK.I bought some 11 W/mK ones since that's the best I...
This is the best image I could find of the chip itself: I can't find any info on what metal the heatsink is made out of, but I can tell you it's light silverish with a rough texture, at least the part that contacts the chip itself. https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/PlayStation+4+Teardown/19493 According to comments here a few people mention the heatsink not even touching the chip properly/making contact, so I wonder if using one of those solid copper plates or whatver...
Maybe this could be moved to "Other Cooling"? Might be more appropriate place. Thanks.
So my PS4 was getting super loud playing Bloodborne (which apparently isn't uncommon) but it was annoying. Also my console is only 2 weeks old so it wasn't dust or anything. Yes, I know this voided the warranty. Took it apart, it was fairly simple and the interior is a lot like the PS3's which I've replaced the TIM of too so that was handy, plus I watched a couple of teardown videos first too. Board image for some context / visualization: Anyway, the TIM on it was...
Thanks. I hadn't saw that list but I found another one here on the forum, with charts showing the speeds and the fans (nb-eloops), and I think for my needs with 4x 1300rpm eloops an XSPC AX480 Quad seems like a good buy.As for the roof one the smallest triple one I can find is the Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 360mm which is (LxWxH): 400x124x30mm, current has height of 35.5mm so not a bad improvement in space saving but not sure I could still get a full sized fan in...
Price not really a worry, just looking for a quick answer to the question of what the best rad I can get is to mount on the back which is a triple /or/ quad rad with 120mm fan mountings? And also the best and as slim (in height) as possible triple 120mm rad? That one's going in my cases roof. It already has one there now, with some Scythe Slipstreams, but I'm hoping with a slimmer radiator I can add some better fans. Current rads are in my sig. Dimensions of the current...