Posts by Fantasy

Hello, A few months back I bought a Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H board with an i3-4150 and 8GB of DDR3 1600 ram and 4x3TB drives setup in raid 5 with an intel 330 series 180gb ssd as a boot drive, for my home backup server. Everything ran fine until few weeks ago I decided to buy a IBM Intel PRO/1000 PT PCI-E Quad Port Gigabit Ethernet Adapter. I installed it into the board, it worked perfectly. However whenever I restart my server the board does not detect the network card at...
omg you almost killed me. Four days ago I got the flue and my chest really hurts from coughing. I can't laugh at all because of my chest pain. I couldn't stop laughing for a full minute because of of your post I will try that. hope it doesn't happen again.
Hi, So this just randomly happened to my PC while playing. This has never ever happened before. It's very odd. A simple restart fixed the issue but any idea why this might have happened? I'm running on the 364.51 driver.
Chrome tabs, so many chrome tabs. Plus 2 - 3 Visual Studio projects open at any point, Unity, Autodesk Maya, Outlook, Steam, Origin, Uplay, Battle.net. That's like 12-14GB of ram usage. If I want to play a game while all this open I would use all my 16GB of ram and my window might offload some of this to my ssd, I don't like that. Plus lately I got a project that I need to build on IOS devices. Since Apple only allow apps to be build in Xcode on a mac machine and since I...
Hello, I need to upgrade my ram. So I will be removing my old 16GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133MHz rams and replacing them with a 64GB kit. My question is, is there a reason to buy the Corsair Dominator Platinum vs Vengeance Pro? As far as I can tell they are both identicle in specs. The Dominator Platinum might overclock better but I don't think my 3930k IMC would handle anything above 2400MHz. I'm not even sure it can handle 2400MHz on 64GB. So, is there really any...
It can be a lot of things, GPU, PSU, bored coil whine. Try removing your gpu and only use ur integrated gpu and see if the sound is still there. if not then it's coming from your gpu and it is coil whine.
Have you tried to give your PC any sleeping pills? maybe PC has been under a lot of stress recently. I know, I know. I'm not funny seriously though. Try changing these settings in your Power Options. If that doesn't work it might be some device or driver preventing your PC from shutting off when trying to go to sleep. Try disabling wifi, Ethernet, Bluetooth and anything else you can think off. It might also be your HDD is not allowing your PC to sleep. try...
Time for me to admit I'm an idiot. as it turns out I don't need more than 1.2v on VTT/VCCSA. I don't know why I thought I needed 1.325v to run 16GB memory @ 2450MHz. oh god. I'm such a newbie. I feel bad for my 3930k This is where you come and say "told you so"
HOLY ...... uuuh. that cpu score is so sexy That E5- 2690 v2 is running at 5GHz on all 8 cores right? is it 24/7 stable?wow. that's great ! yeah from the looks of it i'm just going to go for it. Just need to find a good price.
ooh. well now its ~1k. I think the E5-1680 V2 is the best choice here.did you overclock it at all? or did you leave it stock? What are your temps?