Posts by Fantasy

It can be a lot of things, GPU, PSU, bored coil whine. Try removing your gpu and only use ur integrated gpu and see if the sound is still there. if not then it's coming from your gpu and it is coil whine.
Have you tried to give your PC any sleeping pills? maybe PC has been under a lot of stress recently. I know, I know. I'm not funny seriously though. Try changing these settings in your Power Options. If that doesn't work it might be some device or driver preventing your PC from shutting off when trying to go to sleep. Try disabling wifi, Ethernet, Bluetooth and anything else you can think off. It might also be your HDD is not allowing your PC to sleep. try...
Time for me to admit I'm an idiot. as it turns out I don't need more than 1.2v on VTT/VCCSA. I don't know why I thought I needed 1.325v to run 16GB memory @ 2450MHz. oh god. I'm such a newbie. I feel bad for my 3930k This is where you come and say "told you so"
HOLY ...... uuuh. that cpu score is so sexy That E5- 2690 v2 is running at 5GHz on all 8 cores right? is it 24/7 stable?wow. that's great ! yeah from the looks of it i'm just going to go for it. Just need to find a good price.
ooh. well now its ~1k. I think the E5-1680 V2 is the best choice here.did you overclock it at all? or did you leave it stock? What are your temps?
Did you get yours new or used? and how much did you pay for it? where did you buy it from?
Nah, Right now my 3930K clocked at 5.0GHz gets around 1280 points in Cinebench r15. A 4930k clocked at the same frequency gets around 1340 points. That is only 4.5% increase in performance. It's honestly not worth it.But of course the single threaded performance of a 3930k or 4930k will be higher than a xeon cpu for sure. But i really don't care about the single threaded performance. Most people who get a Xeon don't either.wow. That baby is expansive.Honestly i'm a bit...
Wow. awesome answer thanks !I didn't realize that the E5-2687w will only boost to 3.8GHz on only one core. Also I didn't realize that my board doesn't support ECC memory. I assumed it does. oops.Well I have to think about this. Lately I have been doing a lot of multi-threaded programming so I thought why not get a Xeon.hmmm.... Alright.Well I just found out that the E5-2697 v2 is a 12 core. But it's so expansive !!I don't know. I need to look at more performance...
Hello all, I found a $600 E5-2687W. That's an 8 core Xeon cpu clocked at 3.1GHz which boost to 3.8GHz. I don't want to spend money on a new board / water block / ram to move to x99. X79 is still awesome. The question that you guys might ask is, why would I replace my 3930k. The answer is I NEED MORE POWER ! why? because reasons. I really don't have a good answer. I just feel like upgrading. So, stick with the 3930k until x109 is out or get the E5-2687W? Also do I have...
Totally agree. The other day I had to re-download my entire steam library after my hard drive failed. That's 1.1TB. That took a full week to download. It would have been a total nightmare if I had data cap.