Posts by pengs

F3-1066CL8D-4GBHK 1333MHz, PC3-10666, 2x2GB, Dual Channel. CL8-8-8-21 1.5~1.6v http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231189&Tpk=f3-10666cl8d-4gbhk Heatsink is a bit different than the model at Newegg but the specs are the same. Used for about a year under spec at 1.5v, 9-9-9-24 with a Phenom II 955 on a Asus AM3 M4A78T-E without problems. I've never tried to use the manufacturers CL8 specs as I didn't need it so I'm not quite sure if they will do...
That's really cool. This guys' charisma alone is enough to sell this thing. Impressed with how far it shoots the balls, I didn't expect that.
Yep. It's going to happen. Hardware is extremely cheap and all it would really take is Microsoft integrating compatibility between both mediums with an OS. There is a reason they haven't done it yet.Standardize the hardware which is put in the machine. Every machine runs on the same hardware - no driver confusion, no development confusion, less R&D on proprietary hardware.I understand it's a lot to ask from an industry that has built itself on proprietary-ism since 1980.
If the GPU you just picked up was the 570, nothing. We don't know if Kepler is going to saturate a x16 PCIE 2.0 interface but a 7970 doesn't benefit from using PCIE 3.0.
It looks good but god haven't games gotten dumb. I stopped at the 'Hold (A) to leap across'.
I agree that legendary really isn't the word for the 470's. The 8800 line itself was legendary because the performance improvement over the GF7800/7900 skus was monumental. At stock clocks, the 470 isn't going to impress anyone. It's sleeper and has tons of untapped performance along with robust VRMs and excellent scaling even when passing a 33% overclock. Add the fact that almost every 470 can achieve stock 480 performance (570+ if you push it), leave a 560TI in the dust...
I liked my 470 so much I got another. I also had a 8800GT which was a great pick. I've had the ASUS at 825/1750 with just 1.037v. I can max BF3 at 1920x1200 and very very seldomly ever see minus 60FPS. The ASUS was purchased for 280 180 on black friday 2010. I just bought the Zotac for 160. The price to performance adding in overclock-ability is just amazing for these cards. $340 has gotten me a 10,010 graphics mark in 3DM11 at a lowly 735MHz on the core. Both at the...
I also went through this contemplation. I had a Phenom II 955 and was either going to go with a 1100T or a 6 or 8 core FX.I was already getting slight bottlenecks in games like TF2 which uses 2 cores so it didn't make much sense to go to a 6 core Thuban when I would had seen maybe a 5% benefit from the fact that it would overclock 200-300MHz better than my C2 955. An FX would had made it worse because the performance per core was worse when compared to the Phenom II. The...
It sure could - if every game was threaded for 8 cores.The IPC is no different from an 8 core BD to the 4 core. So if a game uses 2 or 3 threads, the difference is going to be almost 0.It's Battlefield 3 multiplayer where you could see the potential for the 8 core FX, other than that, I can only think of Crysis 2 which is threaded for more than 4 cores.
+ Play games from years ago, I can still play games like Doom which was released in 1994, Quake and Duke3D online thanks to the community who developed ports for the games. You can use DOSBOX for games that were developed for DOS 20+ years ago. Most games as far as 10yrs back will just run without any work-arounds. + Emulators. Every single Atari 2600, Nintendo, Sega Master, Genesis, SNES, 3DO, Jaguar, N64, ect. game can be played on one 300 dollar PC. Even Wii games. +...