Posts by pengs

Eh, I can see how needing to be online can be a set of cuffs for games that have a story or some type of worthy single player base but for something that is MP centric like sim racing, I can't think otherwise than having a constant connection.The racing genre is built around online play now at days. Racing against AI is just terrible. You can always find easy ways to exploit everything they do.This looks really good. The NFS team is capable of creating a sim but I just...
Talk about a knee jerk reaction.Having an X64 CPU will be the best thing about this thing. Hope Microsoft does the same.
Yeah no, I agree. It's not really a big deal for most people but the article is misleading. In my specific case my brain can't handle -60FPS Here's one. Other people have found more but this will give you the gist.Besides that all I can say is that I've got experience from changing platforms. The 40FPS area's turned into 55FPS without a OC on the 2500K and with my current overclock they turned into 60+. I have AB's frame limiter set to 62FPS so I never see the CPU's full...
lol, I think people are wishing death upon Sony because they think that Sony believes it's a post PC era and are following suit with Apple (in this case it's the journalist who is the tool).There is a general hate for Apple here, which I don't condone or have any argument against... or disapprove
PS4 will use an X86 CPU with an AMD GPU Sure is a post PC era.
My PHII 955 bottlenecked one of my 470's in BF3 in certain area's down to around the low 40's.BF3 multiplayer is a completely different story. This is just one more article for people to point at and claim that 2 core CPU's and Phenom 2 x4's aren't the source of their bottlenecks in BF3 MP, so cheers to the argument.
Gaming has been blow out of proportion.It's too big, too costly and there are too many risks.In the early days there were small studios with a hand full of developers aiming at a small demographic. Less risk. A studio like i.d. was able to take a leap with something like Quake which ran like crap on anything under a Pentium 100 and very few people had anything faster, but the games were breakthroughs.It's sad really. The industry is as big as Hollywood but stagnating like...
All we can hope is that AMD is able to compete or beat the 680 while being price competitive, NV will have no choice but to drop prices across the board. I'm hoping for another GTX470 with the 670 and praying for another 2010 Black Friday, when the 470 went from $325 in April to minus $200 in Nov. The pricing dance has already started with the 680, AMD is flexing a few muscles and sending pictures and NV is generally a little bit late, not as much as it was with Fermi but...
http://www.hwinfo.com/download64.htmluse hwinfo32 if your OS is 32bityou can see it within sensor mode
If you have your 2500K stock, the cores will downclock to 1.6GHz after a certain usage thresh-hold, so 50% (1.6GHz) usage could turn into what looks like 20ish% (3.6GHz). And I could see 3 tabs with OCN open could eat 14% of one core at 3.6GHz (especially the front page).Ofcourse that all depends if your widget is showing you the individual core usages and not an overall CPU usage percentage. If your whole CPU is fluctuating from 14 to 57%, then it's most likely something...