Posts by pengs

Wow. Well that explains the mountains in the background on the trailer.I'm such a sucker for big sandboxes.
The 570's power requirements are about the same as the 470. After I bought my second 470, I plugged a kill-a-watt into the outlet to get a reading (minus the monitor). At stock clocks and voltages, something like Unique will pull about 480w peak (this astonished me). Overclocked to 700MHz, 540w peak. At 750MHz with each GPU bumped up 0.025v, 580w. So overclocking does start wracking up the power usage. The old TX750 states that it can push 720w through the 12v rail. So I...
Phh. Unless your going to run 3 monitors, your not going to see any degradation with 2 680's and 2GB's of vram. Especially if I'm not on 1.3GB. Plus:There's are reason why the recommended is 1GB. The game is optimized around it.Don't listen to the stink.
Personally I've only got 1280MB's of vram and I never notice frame rate tanks that are associated with insufficient vram. Ultra, 1920x1200 resolution, FXAA medium, no MSAA and I almost never dip below 60FPS. If an explosion is in view (at death), I may dip to 45FPS for a fraction of second but it rises instantly. With MSAA at x2, I still rarely go below 60FPS in normal gameplay and the explosions at death may bring me down to a bare minimum 35FPS for literally 750...
Fixed. I knew I would make a stupid mistake. Didn't add the resolution correctly.
Boredom strikes. I was thinking about buying a 27" 1080p monitor so I diddled the math to figure out how much less my GPU's were going to be stressed. Thought I'd post it just for S&G's As minute or insignificant as it might be, it's interesting to see what the logistics are. Code: *Specs -1200p, 3120 pixels, 1920x1200 dimension, 16:10 aspect ratio -1080p, 3000 pixels, 1920x1080 dimension, 16:9 aspect ratio *1080p is 3.85% less resolution, theoretically 3.85% higher...
Kinda in the same situation. With both of my 470's at 700MHz, I'm about 250 graphics points ahead of a stock 680 in 3DM11. Though going to 1 GPU would lessen the power consumption by about +200w and rid you of any SLI performance penalty. Plus eliminate micro-stutter... plus give you the driver maturity benefit, plus allow you to overclock the 680 further, plus... There are a lot of advantages, but if you don't have the cash don't sweat it. Your 2 480's are absolutely...
Interested about what they have in store for FXAA improvements. Hoping it's IQ improvements. At least with adaptive vsync they are touching upon addressing the the vsync problem as a whole. I will never use it because I play nothing but FPSers and any vsync is just unbearable, but I could see how this would help other types of games.
What he said.
Oh why did I opt to pay taxes first.