Posts by pengs

This is good for tech ecosystem. NV is going to be competitive with their pricing, power consumption, heat and performance. This is a complete win when comparing it to Fermi.
My wife has a Kindle and I've got a Nook Tablet. She reads on her kindle and I play on my Nook. Both are rooted. Pads are really good laptop replacements if you just read, play lightly, watch videos or check email. With the introduction of Windows 8 on tablets, I could see the laptop sector dissipating slightly.
So now they are going to start ticking off the frat boy who likes to take his console to an internet-less camp 3 miles in out in the wilderness on the weekends or pitch a tent in the backyard and have a Guys Afternoon In *cough* It doesn't sound significant but that's one trickle down effect that will end and a sector of people you don't want to tick off, even if they are COD fanatics. It worked with Steam and certain games because PC users are somewhat sophisticated......
Still about -5w of difference compared to -2w on the TT preview.If you talking about full overall power consumption, the monitor, a GPU, and a few more components can add the difference depending on testing methods.Wasn't expecting this at all. Almost no reason to upgrade from a 2500K unless you go to a 3770K... and then the temperature
Without a prime manipulator, Apple's minions will eventually become suspect of their mother ship and revolt against it, destroying it and themselves in the process.
This.Just 2 or 3 days and we will know solidly.
That may be why I don't see much MS now that I think about it.I have my FPS limited to 62 in Afterburner with vsync disabled 24/7. It also keeps the GPU's from stressing to 99%, not sure if that has anything to do with them desyncing. I do see bad MS in FSX. It's so bad, it makes 45FPS look like 25.BTW, set the maxfps to 77 or 73. If you set it to the monitors refresh rate without vsync, you will see a nice steady tear.
90FPS is half way between a monitors 60Hz and/or 120Hz though. If your not using vsync, that will feel stuttery on a single GPU set up because of the offset.And the 3-way is probably providing higher FPS making the stuttering less apparent.Not trying to extinguish you.
While I don't support the ongoing EA belligerence, I condone this sort of thing. Best thing they could do is stop buying games from the developer/publisher.
Well I only play a few games so I shouldn't really say that. I really don't have any apparent MS on any game that I play.