Posts by pengs

That would be a down right stupid business decision. You want it to perform well on paper, and by paper I mean stock. The general public who doesn't know a thing about OCing is going to make a decision based on out-of-box performance.Are you going to use your full arsenal to take an enemy down when one bullet will do the job? It's why the GK100 is still in NV's arsenal.
Yep. All the current info has shown the 680 at 1006MHz stock clock. There is a repeated rumor about a GK104 at 700MHz also, so there is your GTX670.
The 7970 is going to have to drop in price, which is good. If this is true, NV actually is being competitive with it's price/performance. Looks like a direct replacement for anyone with 2 470's also. I just wonder how the turbo and overclocking is going to mesh.
All this range dictation So if a card is released and costs, hypothetically, 40% less than the competitions but matches it in performance your not going to buy it because the price isn't high end? I'll have what your smoking.
It's the 'Ima make a statement and sue' complex.Not that Apple is right claiming that it does what it rarely will do, but each has it's aim.
Well, It's a little of both. EA came out just about a month ago praising Activision and talking about how they'd like to take a slice of the pie with the BF series. The publishers sure as heck aren't helping the situation.
It's hanging on by a thread.I don't mind small maps but the name of the game is Battlefield and it would be great if they focused on BF orientated elements before they feed the CODies. This game has always been large scale, we already have 10 first person shooters that mimic COD.It's mind blowing that there are so many people who will blindly support this. This game is blatantly trying to tap into the COD fan base and shoving it's history, previous fan base and everything...
The price is in line with almost every launch of the last 10 years If you thought it was going to be 10% faster than the 7970 and cost 20% less than it, you need to check your drinking water. Product placement isn't about manufacturing cost if the demand is there, it's about relative speed and just merely denting competitors prices enough to sway sales yet still make a healthy profit. AMD exists in the pricing war also, they aren't immune.
Eastern time U.S. is usually used to lift when the cuffs aren't on too tight and this launch doesn't seem to be too locked down so if all goes well 1hr. Crossing fingers.