Posts by gr8sho

Try 3 passes with high mem. That will tell you something quick. Won't take too long.
My limited experience of one chip showed stock voltages could only get the 8350 to about 4.5GHz. To go past it, you have to ramp up Vcore.The reason to run IBT, even if it becomes a cooling issue, is to to ensure the CPU processes all LINPAK instructions correctly. The reason to run IBT exercising all of RAM is to make sure the NB interface is solid. As you've seen, normal usage like games can run fine. But to ensure a proper safety margin, it's best to check the...
There's little advantage as I understand it to take HT Bus off of 2600MHz. The NB on the other hand will affect system throughput if you can increase it successfully. Problem is system gets unstable if you push this too far past 2400MHz if your purpose is to simply pass a test like AVX or Prime. It usually won't crash but will start failing computation.
I never could find where the custom curve function was located.But I ended up removing the program because I noticed an unwanted side-effect with CorsairLink and losing control of the waterblock LEDs. I don't have any love for CorsairLink, and in fact it is a sham of product given the number of problems with application code. Hopefully this will serve as a warning to others. In fact, Corsair themselves actually call out AISuite and tell their customers to uninstall...
Congratulations, and welcome to the dark red side.
Wow, that's impressive. I see 8.0GHz on the horizon!
How are you running the new chip now, stock settings?Am curious if you are able to downclock and undervolt that bad boy.
Thanks. Will give it a go. My Deutsch is quite rusty. I hope that won't be too much of a problem. I've been doing a little experimenting to set ALL of my fans to the lowest they will go. The Crosshair fans were done so in BIOS. Only today I realized one of the fans, the one for the rear exhaust, isn't spinning at all. I'll fix that shortly. Hopefully I can use Aquaero to run on a set profile and fan curve. That's the objective. With what I've been able to...
Any nominees for a decent program to control the mainboard fans (other than AISuite 2)?
The first time I ever asked this question, it was said that if the temps bothered me, to apply a spot fan.Temps for the NB will be higher without the effect of a traditional fan based cooler like the stock one provided by AMD or even your Noctua.If you don't overclock or plan to, staying below 75'C should be considered safe.Even though the Noctua is huge, are you sure you can't fit a thin profile fan underneath it? That would be the best way to ensure you have a way to...