Posts by gr8sho

As it turns out, even with 8GB or DRAM and 2 GTX 460s in SLI, this is not a good enough setup to play Fallout 4, although given what I've read, Nvidia has not provided proper SLI support for anyone. I may give it another try at a future date.@Gyro, it turns out that some of the problems I've had with the board has to do with self inflicted wound. The cables that came with the Seasonic PSU are fairly stiff and they put a lot of strain on the board's main power connector. ...
Hey All, For grins I decide to max out RAM on this board to see if I could play Fallout 4 on the rig. Most of the time I can hold 60 FPS. I'll write more later after I've had time to soak "a few" hours.
Hello All. A voice from the past here. Have had an opportunity recently to play around with Piano Black, and so this is a quick update on the M2N32-SLI system. The machine is still working fine, and in SLI configuration via 2 EVGA GTX 460s. It is also sporting a Samsung EVO 850 SSD. As I've invested time in Microsoft's Insider Program, I created a system image with Windows 10. The system is fully functional using standard Microsoft supplied drivers. The main...
Although not an entirely precise analogy, one can think of the CPU question similar to the DRAM situation as the product marketing material doesn't specifically say that 2400MHz memory is supported, but many of us use it and BIOS mostly works.
Thank you.
I also experience the same problem of not being able to wake up the machine. Keep in mind the other folks are talking about their Z boards and the 1503 BIOS will likely not apply to us.
Black Friday was eons ago. Geesh! Very interesting post. In a way this shouldn't be earth shattering news unless AMD was standing still. Fab and yield improvements in 2 years (from our first production run parts) should be normal, even though the chip's logic design didn't change.And yes, I know how finicky you were just to claim 4.8GHz on the 8350, so the initial 300MHz increase wouldn't have been a fair apples to apples comparison.Since you're in there playing...
I had to read this a few times to realize you "upgraded" to a 9590. So the new chip is worth 300MHz more for you? To clarify my question, all things being equal, the new chip allows you 300MHz more headroom.Also, it looks like you were never able to solve the 300MHz FSB base frequency problem?
There may be a switch on the board or a setting in BIOS to control the function.
+1 Big congrats. You must be super excited.I think you have 2 rads in that loop, yes? Is one blowing into the case and the top one blowing out?