Posts by gr8sho

So I'm curious now. You've had the Crosshair for so long, and now you moved to the Z. Any first impressions?
Did you also recently upgrade to the Z? I don't remember.
Bravo!!! You are both IBT and P95 stable at that speed and voltage?
Since I don't have the Z, I can't answer precisely, but on the non-Z, a separate software package based on Creative X-Fi series was included. Was a bit of a PITA at times. As of now I no longer use it. And FWIW for those that are okay to forge ahead into Windows 8, that lousy hissing when shutting the computer down that was omnipresent on Windows 7 is no longer there.I've also seen as "adog" pointed out certain Realtek packages also include an Audio Manager function. ...
You can fetch the audio driver from support.asus.com. You want the Realtek driver. Can also be sourced from Reaktek's website.
I hear you. But consider my suggestion just the same if for no other reason that it will allow comfortable use of system in most instances. The idea of creating a custom fan curve from within the OS makes sense for sure. The H100i I use for the CPU comes with a feature called CorsairLink. This allows creating a custom curve as a function of the coolant temperature. The HD7970s likewise can use MSI Afterburner to control those fans. It would seem that an application...
Could never get it to work...
I can't tell exactly what you're trying to accomplish, but if one idea is to keep the fans at a moderate or low speed but have them ramp up with workload, BIOS actually does a decent job of controlling the fan headers. My fans are all different RPM limits but they all scale proportionately. Something to consider. What the BIOS has is a lower limit setting in terms of percentage and that's what I use.
Did you read my recommendation? My previous post to this one.
Yes. Look (ie. Google) for an app called DDU. This is a must have app for your toolkit. One of the features it offers when you run it from standard desktop is to give you an option to boot the computer into safe mode.