Posts by gr8sho

I had to read this a few times to realize you "upgraded" to a 9590. So the new chip is worth 300MHz more for you? To clarify my question, all things being equal, the new chip allows you 300MHz more headroom.Also, it looks like you were never able to solve the 300MHz FSB base frequency problem?
There may be a switch on the board or a setting in BIOS to control the function.
+1 Big congrats. You must be super excited.I think you have 2 rads in that loop, yes? Is one blowing into the case and the top one blowing out?
So I'm curious now. You've had the Crosshair for so long, and now you moved to the Z. Any first impressions?
Did you also recently upgrade to the Z? I don't remember.
Bravo!!! You are both IBT and P95 stable at that speed and voltage?
Since I don't have the Z, I can't answer precisely, but on the non-Z, a separate software package based on Creative X-Fi series was included. Was a bit of a PITA at times. As of now I no longer use it. And FWIW for those that are okay to forge ahead into Windows 8, that lousy hissing when shutting the computer down that was omnipresent on Windows 7 is no longer there.I've also seen as "adog" pointed out certain Realtek packages also include an Audio Manager function. ...
You can fetch the audio driver from support.asus.com. You want the Realtek driver. Can also be sourced from Reaktek's website.
I hear you. But consider my suggestion just the same if for no other reason that it will allow comfortable use of system in most instances. The idea of creating a custom fan curve from within the OS makes sense for sure. The H100i I use for the CPU comes with a feature called CorsairLink. This allows creating a custom curve as a function of the coolant temperature. The HD7970s likewise can use MSI Afterburner to control those fans. It would seem that an application...
Could never get it to work...