Posts by Mr_Armageddon

SATA Cable Sleeving Continued... Finally got around to sleeving my new Round SATA Cables. The look great and are a bit easier to bend. Also went ahead and sleeved the motherboard header pins along with the USB header from the front panel. I ran into a bit of a problem when trying to plug the cables into the mobo with the heat-shring tubing installed. They were a bit more stiff than normal, making them difficult to bend, and adding a bit too much stress for my liking...
Open the model in Google SketchUP. You will find a tape measure tool that will allow you to get exact dimensions of all the different parts that make up the panel. You are correct in that the white acrylic is much thicker than the clear one. Hopefully this will get you on the right track.
This build is taking me a lot longer than anticipated, but will be worth the wait. Doesn't help that I am also doing a bunch of new landscaping and yard work at my house this week. I do a bit every night when I get home from work, and by the time I am done, there is no desire left to work on my PC not to mention my hands are usually too tired to even attempt sleeving my new round SATA cables. Stupid shovel work... Slow and steady wins the race... Right?
I will give that a shot, but I don't have much faith that I will be able to pull it off. I was using pliers to stretch the shrink tube over the other SATA connectors, but when I tried to go over the angled ones, I just ripped the tubing. If I can't do it, at least the new ones coming in will make things easier.
SATA Cable Sleeving I worked on sleeving my SATA Data cables tonight, but ran into a bit of a hiccup. Two of my 5 cables have both right angle ends. It is near impossible to get the shrink tube over those ends, so I was only able to sleeve the SATA cablest that had a least one straight connection. I ordered some new cables from Newegg that can be sleeved property. Ended up getting some round SATA cables for easier cable management. Should have them in a few days. ...
Sleeving I knew it would take a while to make my own custom length cables (for better cable management), and then sleeve them... but I had no idea my fingers would get so abused in the process. Stretching out the sleeving material over and over again to get it nice and tight over the wires has taken its toll, especially on the ends of my thumbs. Too bad the large calluses on my hands from weight lifting don't extent to the tips of my fingers and thumb. Going to take a...
Thanks. I really like the deep blue color of this tubing. Originally I was playing with the idea of using clear Tygon and blue dyed liquid. But after cleaning the blue gunk out of the waterblocks from the fesser one blue liquid coolant that I was previously using, I decided to stick with colored tubing, and distilled water with PT Nuke and Silver Kill Coils instead.Thank you.Because others have been asking for measurements, in addition to the cut away view of the...
After lots of trial and error, I found that if I just stick the white acrylic directly on top of the mirrored one, the light transmission wasn't that great. The sides lit up fine, but the middle was pretty dim. By adding a thin clear layer in between, it allowed more light to hit the middle, and looked much better.
I have recived a few PMs for more clarification on how I built the illuminated mid panel. So here is a "cut-away" view of the light box I constructed that sits atop the mid panel. There are many other ways to go about doing this, but after some experimenting with different materials, and thickness, this is what turned out the best for my needs. Hopefully this along with the close up pictures I have posted, will clear up any other questions that still may be floating...
Thank you.I am still working on the sleeving and waiting for a few more fittings to arrive, but here is a small update. I spent a bit of time working on my tubing runs. Not complete yet, but this will give somewhat of a preview of the look I am going for.Larger Image