Posts by Mr_Armageddon

I will give that a shot, but I don't have much faith that I will be able to pull it off. I was using pliers to stretch the shrink tube over the other SATA connectors, but when I tried to go over the angled ones, I just ripped the tubing. If I can't do it, at least the new ones coming in will make things easier.
SATA Cable Sleeving I worked on sleeving my SATA Data cables tonight, but ran into a bit of a hiccup. Two of my 5 cables have both right angle ends. It is near impossible to get the shrink tube over those ends, so I was only able to sleeve the SATA cablest that had a least one straight connection. I ordered some new cables from Newegg that can be sleeved property. Ended up getting some round SATA cables for easier cable management. Should have them in a few days. ...
Sleeving I knew it would take a while to make my own custom length cables (for better cable management), and then sleeve them... but I had no idea my fingers would get so abused in the process. Stretching out the sleeving material over and over again to get it nice and tight over the wires has taken its toll, especially on the ends of my thumbs. Too bad the large calluses on my hands from weight lifting don't extent to the tips of my fingers and thumb. Going to take a...
Thanks. I really like the deep blue color of this tubing. Originally I was playing with the idea of using clear Tygon and blue dyed liquid. But after cleaning the blue gunk out of the waterblocks from the fesser one blue liquid coolant that I was previously using, I decided to stick with colored tubing, and distilled water with PT Nuke and Silver Kill Coils instead.Thank you.Because others have been asking for measurements, in addition to the cut away view of the...
After lots of trial and error, I found that if I just stick the white acrylic directly on top of the mirrored one, the light transmission wasn't that great. The sides lit up fine, but the middle was pretty dim. By adding a thin clear layer in between, it allowed more light to hit the middle, and looked much better.
I have recived a few PMs for more clarification on how I built the illuminated mid panel. So here is a "cut-away" view of the light box I constructed that sits atop the mid panel. There are many other ways to go about doing this, but after some experimenting with different materials, and thickness, this is what turned out the best for my needs. Hopefully this along with the close up pictures I have posted, will clear up any other questions that still may be floating...
Thank you.I am still working on the sleeving and waiting for a few more fittings to arrive, but here is a small update. I spent a bit of time working on my tubing runs. Not complete yet, but this will give somewhat of a preview of the look I am going for.Larger Image
Component P0rn Continued... More Hardware Shots Here is my Primary OS SSD, and Intel X-25m 160GB. Not the fastest on the block anymore, but still a really good and reliable SSD. I have 3 other HDDs in this build, but didn't deem it necessary to take pics of them. Also have my Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Edition. I use the Optical Output to power my Logitech Z-5500 speaker setup. Sounds great. Larger Image Here are some EK Waterblocks that I will be using. One...
Component P0rn Still waiting on a few fittings to arrive, and have just started making my custom length PSU cables. Cables and sleeving will take a while, so in the mean time, here are some nice shots of most of the components going into this build. EVGA GTX580 HydroCopper 2 - 2X for SLI Larger Image Some of the Bitspower Black fittings I will be using, and the Primoflex Blue tubing. Larger Image Here are the AquaComputer USB PowerAdjust 2 Ultras that I will be...
Thanks guys. Not denying that I might have a problem... but why does being neat / organized have to be considered OCD? I just find it easier to get things done when I know exactly where everything is located.