Posts by Mr_Armageddon

New Corsiar "Air Series" Fans Been a while since my last update due to a very busy summer. I finally have the final components to finish up my build. This week I received a bundle-o-fans. These are their new line of "Air Series" fans, and they look great. There area verity of types, but I got the AF Quite Editions for case fans, and the SP series for my radiators. Here is the list of what came in: Radiator Fans (120mm) - SP120s (High Performance Edition) x7 Rear...
Back safe and sound from my outing in the Colorado Mountains. My longbow performed perfectly. Ready to get working on my build again!Thanks! We had a great time. Now on to finishing my Geekier projects.
Sorry for the lack of updates guys. Things have been really busy lately with work, adding new landscaping to my home, along with helping my brother out with his home remodel. Since these things happen after I get home from work, or weekends, it hasn't left much time for me to work on the build. I also had another project that took me away from my PC. I am taking a Venturing Crew (17-18yr old Boy Scouts) into the Pike National Forest for 5 days, where we will be...
I pretty much have everything set up now to start playing with both the AquaComputer Aquero5 and the Corsair Link. Just finished making my cables for, and sleeving the Poweradjust USB 2 pump controllers. I will be using them independently from the other control/monitoring units. From what I have seen from other users online, both the Aquaero5 and Link have a lot of capabilities. It just going to come down to which fits my needs the best. Along with the Poweradjust USB...
Sleeving... COMPLETED! MNPCTECH finally has their MOD Ruler / Gauge back in stock, and mine came in this week. Pretty sweet little modding tool, but I won't have a chance to use it this time around since I am wrapping up the build. But since I can't seem to go more than 6 months without modding / upgrading something, it will get plenty of future use. Larger Image All major sleeving is now complete. All I have left on the build is to connect all my fans an pumps to...
Thank you!
BINGO! There are two versions of Corsair Link Kits that you can get. One is just the main unit and a fan controller/temp sensor hub, the other also includes the LED light kit.But I did solder my own connections using the LED Strip for the light panel, and the one going around the inside of the case. Here is a larger image of one of the connections I did. Click on it for a larger version.
I don't have the USB 3.0 front header upgrade, but I know what you are referring to. The 3.0 motherboard header is quite larger, and would probably be difficult to fit sleeve over. You may have better luck unplugging the cable from the Front Panel component. It is the white connector that looks to have around 10 pins.I would have gotten the USB 3.0 upgrade as well, but my current motherboard only has USB 3.0 ports on the back I/O panel, but no front panel headers.
Corsair Sleeved Cables Mini-Review, and More Sleeving… I have to admit, these sleeved cable packages made by Corsair for their PSUs are a great value proposition. If someone just wants one specific color of sleeved cables, these are a great deal, especially when you factor in the cost of sleeving materials, and the time involved to sleeve and entire set of cables yourself. The connectors are also of high quality (although different layout than standard PSU connectors,...
New Components Here are some beauty shots of the AX1200 that just arrived. I was previously rocking a 1000w Silverstone PSU, but was getting close to the top end of its range (hitting 970-980w) when benchmarking with everything OC’d. The extra 200w will come in very handy, especially if I ever go Tri-SLI. The pouch the PSU came in was a soft suede material. The overall packaging was of high quality, and of course the PSU itself looks great in the 800D. Here is the...