Posts by Mr_Armageddon

Thanks! I just finished shooting the video of me adding the Blue Pastel liquid. Looks great. Pics and Video to come soon!
I am happy to report that I found another PCIe riser cable that is much less expensive than the 3M or Lian-Li options but seems to work just as well. No more boot errors, benchmarks work, and I can even OC without issues using Gen 3 PCIe and x16 speed. Here is the Amazon link if anyone with the Core P5 Case would like to give it a go. It seems a lot higher quality than the one provided by Thermaltake (shorter one on the left), and is shielded well. The only problem is...
Project Open Core: Initial Fill and Leak Testing Now that the tubing and cables are done, time to fill this thing up with fluid. Before I did an entire system fill, there were 2 things I needed to do. Needed to flush the radiator of any particulates. I have heard in a lot of reviews that radiators can have all kinds of metal shards inside time left over from the manufacturing process. I detached the radiator from the rest of the loop, and flushed it with distilled...
I am happy to report that the PCIe riser cable I purchased works perfectly! No more boot errors, benchmarks work, and I can even OC without issues. Here is the Amazon link if anyone with the Core P5 Case would like to give it a go. It seems a lot higher quality than the one provided by Thermaltake, and is shielded well. The only problem is that one of the screw holes doesn't line up exactly with the P5 case mount. I ended up using the screw on the side with the PCIe...
I am happy to report that the PCIe riser cable I purchased works perfectly! No more boot errors, benchmarks work, and I can even OC without issues. Here is the Amazon link if anyone with the Core P5 Case would like to give it a go. It seems a lot higher quality than the one provided by Thermaltake, and is shielded well. The only problem is that one of the screw holes doesn't line up exactly with the P5 case mount. I ended up using the screw on the side with the PCIe...
Agreed! There seem to be a wider range of colors to choose from as well, but the main thing I like is how pliable the cables are. With other sleeving I have used, things get a bit stiff once applied.Its really easy. Lutro has some great YouTube videos that show how to do it. With heatshrink there is a chance the sleeving can slip out, but haven't seen that happen once with paracord when using this method. Locked down tight!
Just a heads up to anyone still having issues with the PCIe Riser Cable. I just picked up this cable from Amazon, should arrive tomorrow. Other P5 Users have said it works better than what Thermaltak has provided, so going to give it a shot and hope that it works with the GTX 1080.
Project Open Core: Sleeving My last build incorporated sleeving from MDPC (MurderMods), and it turned out really good. I still have a lot of sleeving left over from that project, but decided to try something different for this build. I have heard a lot of things, both good and bad, about Paracord sleeving, so I decided to do a sample to see if it would work for this build. As I mentioned before, I like MDPC sleeving, but I find it a bit stiff to work with at times. So...
The plexi doesn't get hot at all, not worried.That is a great idea. Hopefully EK is seeing this.
Lian-Li has some new riser cables out, and they look high quality, similar to the 3M ones (cost almost as much too). The black design is nice to see, much improved over the 3M silver. I am having issues with the riser cable provided by Thermaltake with my P5 case. Even the 2nd revision of their riser cable causes major issues with my ASUS ROG Maximums Formula VIII and EVGA GTX 1080 SC. If I can't get a working cable from them, may have to try out one of these...