Posts by Mr_Armageddon

Lian-Li has some new riser cables out, and they look high quality, similar to the 3M ones (cost almost as much too). The black design is nice to see, much improved over the 3M silver. I am having issues with the riser cable provided by Thermaltake with my P5 case. Even the 2nd revision of their riser cable causes major issues with my ASUS ROG Maximums Formula VIII and EVGA GTX 1080 SC. If I can't get a working cable from them, may have to try out one of these...
Sure! I used this Carbon Vinyl wrap for most of the mods on my current build. Used a clear binder divider and traced out the patter of the fluid channel on top of the GPU block.Then transferred the pattern to the vinyl and cut it out using a metal ruler as a guide, and hobby knife with a new/sharp blade. Pretty easy as long as you take your time and do it right.
Project Open Core: Hardline Tubing For this build, I decided to go with Monsoon Hardline PETG Tubing 1/2" ID, 5/8" OD. I initially had purchased PrimoChill PETG Tubing, but decided that the diameter was too thin and liked the look of ⅝” OD better. This is my first time “tube bending” so I purchased a lot of it since I knew that I had to account for the varoius screw ups that would occur. Luckily it is not very expensive. Since it was my first time working with...
I have the same GPU and Motherboard, and it looks like the new ones (v2) don't work either. My system won't boot when using the riser cable, and shows an ASUS Q-Code error "62".Going to try and wrap mine in additional shielding to see if the fixes the issue as soon as I get home form my business trip in a few days. Hopefully that fixes the issue, because I doubt Thermaltake has a v3 cable that will work at this time.
Ya, felt like a dummy when I realized that was the problem, but like they say "Outta sight, outta mind"!Glad that issue is fixed, now waiting for Thermaltake to ship me a replacement PCIe riser cable.
That is exactly what I did. Considered just throwing on the block, but I didn't want to go through the process of doing that, and then the discover the GPU had some kind of issue. Did some preliminary Overclocking in my old system (results and pics here), and once satisfied, installed the EK block. Better to take the time and make sure.
Here is the EVGA GTX 1080 SC Gaming with the EK block installed. I decided not to use the 3mm LED holes as the light was too focused, and went with a RGB LED Strip instead.Same but with carbon fiber wrap around front.Question for EK reps... have you ever considered making a block that is a nickle + Acetal + Plexi combo like the one pictured below?I love having the fluid show with the nickle backing, but like the way the acetal "black out" the rest of the card. Looks...
Issue Resolved… sort of After trying what seemed like everything I could think of, along with some suggestions from people on various forums, finally figured out what the issue was. I thought I had unplugged everything in my search for a fix, but I missed the PCIe USB 3.1 card, mainly because it was hidden behind the PCIe Riser Cable going to the GPU with its vertical installation. I couldn't see it, and passed it over. The reason that particular card was giving me...
I will give that a shot. Just got done installing that motherboard and a new EVGA GTX 1080 SuperClocked, and am having a heck of a time booting when the card it plugged in. Hopefully some extra shielding will do the trick. Thanks.
Any other ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA Motherboard users? I keep locking up on about every 3rd boot attempt, showing error code 62 or 96. I am thinking it might have to do with the PCIe Riser Cable, as the problem goes away if I run my monitor off of the integrated graphics. Anyone know of any quick fixes? Thanks.