Posts by Mr_Armageddon

Custom Liquid "Hydro Copper" (1080 SC + EK Water Block), Initial OC Benchmarks & Temps I was tired of waiting for more official news on the EVGA Hydro Coppers, so went ahead and grabbed an EVGA GTX 1080 SC Gaming, and EK Waterblock / Backplate. Install was easy and the temps are unreal. But before I get to the numbers, I wanted to get some forum feedback on a simple mod to the waterblock I am thinking about. Here is the block installed, and a sample of the fluid I...
Ya, looking forward to seeing what it can do, while keeping fan noise to a minimum.
Project Open Core: Hardware - Radiator & Fans My previous build I had 2 separate radiators, one for each loop. A 360 for the CPU, MoBo, and RAM, and a 240 for the GPUs in Push/Pull configuration. I have a few less waterblocks this go around, and will not be running SLI, so I opted for a single Alphacool NexXxoS 480 Radiator. Look and feel is very nice, and the reviews I was able to find show that it performs really well. Also picked up an inexpensive “gasket” to go...
Project Open Core: Hardware - Reservoir & Pump In previous builds I had used reservoirs that fit inside the 5.25in bays on a PC tower. Being that this case has no optical drive spaces, decided to go with a traditional “tube” res for this build. Went with the XSPC D5 Photon 270 Reservoir & D5 Pump Combo. Really like the look of this Res, especially with its glass and aluminum construction. The pump comes with a mounting bracket, foam anti-vibration pads, and LED...
Project Open Core: Hardware - System Status Display, USB 3.1 Card I have wanted to add some sort of system status display to a build for a while now, and decided it was time to do it. I was initially going to place a small 4in display on the front of the case where you can mount an SSD, but decided to go bigger. Found a 7in HDMI display on fairly cheap on Amazon. Not very high resolution, and the screen quality is not great, but works well for the intended purpose, which...
Thanks, and yes it was pretty easy as mods go. Thanks for being the Guinea pig!
Here is the end result. More pictures on the build log for the system I am working on.Project Open Core: Liquid P5, Hardline Tubing, Illuminated System Panel, VR ReadyThe light bars are a nice touch to the Dominator kit, but I did a few modifications to make it better match my build theme. First I colored the sides and bottom of the acrylic “light transmission” pieces so they would glow blue instead of white. I left the tops alone, as the blue plastic inserts would do a...
Project Open Core: Hardware - RAM My previous system had 12GB of DDR3 RAM. Initially I thought that would be plenty, but as I started working more from home, and having 3 separate browsers open plus any applications I was using, started to see my RAM usage hover around 90%. Making the jump to 16GB was a no brainer for this system, and I thought I would be fine with that. Decided to go with a kit of Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 @ 3200MHz. Was also planning on adding...
Project Open Core: Hardware - CPU & Waterblock For this build’s CPU, went with what seems to be the obvious choice nowadays, Intel i7-6700K. I'm not into super heavy Overclocking anymore, but will still go for a slight OC and probably settle at around 4.5GHz. Looking forward to see how the performance of this CPU stacks up against my current i7-970. I had considered going with the X99 platform as an upgrade from my X58. But being that I'm not trying to achieve any...
Thanks! The workspace definitely makes doing this stuff a bit easier.