Posts by Mr_Armageddon

9in HDMI Display purchased on Amazon. Using CAM software for the System Info. I have a detailed post about it in my build log.Hardware - System Status Display, USB 3.1 Card
I am using a Corsair AX1200 PSU and ran into the same issue with it also being 20cm long. Ended up modding the case a bit to make it easier to work with the PSU cables.Before...After...
Project Open Core: Mayhem Blue Pastel Concentrate Sneak peak at the completed build. Will have the "Final" pictures up within the next day or so. Until then, put together a little video showing the process of adding the Mayhem Blue Pastel concentrate to the hardline tubing loop. Project Open Core - Adding Fluid to Core P5 Hardline Tubing Loop
Thanks! The issue doesn't seem to be with the EL wire specifically, but more the transformer that powers it. That is where the electrical whine originates. If the EL Tape uses a different type of transformer, maybe the whine isn't an issue!
Mayhem Blue Pastel. It comes in 250ml bottles, and you add it to 750ml of distilled water. You can also purchase it in a pre-mixed 1L container, but it was cheaper (shipping cost) for me to buy the concentrate and just add it to distilled water.On that topic... I put together a little video showing the process of adding the Mayhem Blue Pastel concentrate to the hardline tubing loop.Project Open Core - Adding Fluid to Core P5 Hardline Tubing Loop
Sneak peak at the almost completed build. Will hopefully have the "Final" pictures up this week. Until then, put together a little video showing the process of adding the Mayhem Blue Pastel concentrate to the hardline tubing loop. Project Open Core - Adding Fluid to Core P5 Hardline Tubing Loop
Just finished building the new system, and temps are even better. I was able to hit 4.8GHz on the 6700K fairly easily using a core voltage of 1.375, and temps never got above 58C during stress testing. I tried for 5.0GHz, but no matter how much voltage I threw at it, couldn’t get stable enough to run benchmarks, so stayed with 4.8GHz, which really isn’t that bad with the temps I am seeing. With the GPU the highest I was able to get and be 100% stable on the EVGA GTX 1080...
Project Open Core: Benchmarks & Temps I am putting together a neat little video of the filling process and adding the Mayhem Blue Pastel dye to the system. While working on that, I had a chance to play with a bit more Overclocking, and wanted to share those specs along with some Benchmarks and Temperatures. Overclocking was pretty easy on this system. I was able to hit 4.8GHz on the 6700K fairly easily using a core voltage of 1.375, and temps never got above 58C during...
Thanks! I just finished shooting the video of me adding the Blue Pastel liquid. Looks great. Pics and Video to come soon!
I am happy to report that I found another PCIe riser cable that is much less expensive than the 3M or Lian-Li options but seems to work just as well. No more boot errors, benchmarks work, and I can even OC without issues using Gen 3 PCIe and x16 speed. Here is the Amazon link if anyone with the Core P5 Case would like to give it a go. It seems a lot higher quality than the one provided by Thermaltake (shorter one on the left), and is shielded well. The only problem is...