Posts by Mr_Armageddon

Slight Problem, need help I was planning on testing all of my wiring since I made the majority of the PSU cables myself, and ran into a bit of an issue. Everything powers on well, lights up, pumps work, etc. But the ASUS MoBo will not fully boot. Keep getting an error saying "USB Device Over Current Status Detected" and an error code on the motherboard of "55". A Google search tells me Code 55 is "Memory Not Installed", but as can be seen in the picture below, the...
Project Open Core: Hardware - Displays & Peripherals I am working on wrapping up hardline bends and sleeving, and will post on those topics once completed. As my last “Hardware” post, going to run through my Displays & Peripherals. I am a consultant, and about 50% of my job is on the road. When not traveling I work from home. For my setup, I went with a custom Sit/Stand desk with motorized legs. I usually start the day standing, but by 2-3pm, the knees start to ache a...
Lookin' Good!
Thanks! I wish EK would make a block that had that look. I'm sure there would be plenty that would buy it.
Thanks. That is my "Tinker Room" in the basement, adjacent to my home office. I mentioned the garage as that is where I do the messy stuff like acrylic cutting, routing, and painting. The garage is very normal, and that's why said pictures were not needed.
Project Open Core: Hardware - GPU As stated in the OP, part of the reason I decided to build this sytem was to put together the hardware to provide a good VR experience with the Oculus Rift. Being that the GPU is the most important factor in this, decided and upgrade from my GTX 970 was in order. Timing worked out pretty well, as Nvidia recently released their “Pascal” cards, and I was lucky enough to snag an EVGA GTX 1080 SuperClocked Edition card from Newegg’s first...
Might want to try AliExpress in that case. Everything there ships from China, and the cost isn't too bad, but the 2-3 week wait time kinda sucks.
ModMyMods has been out of stock with a few of the fittings I have needed for a while now, but was able to pick them up on eBay. If you are willing to wait a few weeks for delivery, all the Barrow fittings are available on AliExpress.
Thanks! Ya I just used the TIM they shipped with the block. Temps are great, so no complaints.Ya, and being that I haven't passed 45C after an hour of OC stress testing, the stuff EK provides seems to work just fine.
Project Open Core: Hardware - Fittings I have used Bitspower fittings in a few of my past builds. Haven’t had any issues with them, but they are pretty expensive as far as fittings go. This go around, I decided to give Barrow fittings a shot. I have read on various forums they are physically the same as Bitspower, but much less expensive, and they have a matte black finish instead of shiny black likes Bitspower do. I still have a few select bitspower fittings, but the...