Posts by dihartnell

Yes it will . Thats big case. You planning to fill it up with something? Fractal design define S is 50 bucks cheaper, fit teh 280 Rad and looks just as good IMHO. - https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352055&cm_re=define_s-_-11-352-055-_-Product Id also look at the Ryzen 5 1600x, instead of a 1800x. Save you heaps and still perform very similar in heavily thread workloads and same in 1440p gaming.
I wouldn't swap out your rig. for your stated purpose. I would get a good aftermarket cooler and overclock your 5960. Whats your monitor refresh rate? Is it 60Hz?. If so 60 fps is all you need. Im presuming if you have that kind of CPU you wont be gaming at 1080 and will be 1440/4k in which case you would be into more GPU limited situations and wouldn't gain a lot from upgrading the CPU. 7700K would likely be less capable in the encoding.
Most of the reviewers are stating 1.45 v is the max safe range for daily use but that kind of vaults needs very good cooling and you get little from it in extra frequency. If you can manage 4GHz - 4.1GHz across all cores with less than 1.4v then that's a good result. Temps at 75C under stress test loads are ok. You should see 50-60c under normal use though.
Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, HTC sensation, Nexus 5, Huawei p9 plus. I used feature phones prior to S2 and I still have the Nexus 5 as well as the Huawei. I would have bought another Nexus but I feel like the last couple generations haven't been as good as the N5. Sent from my VIE-L09 using Tapatalk
Many thanks for this. Very useful, especially on the iasues with Ram stability and speeds Sent from my VIE-L09 using Tapatalk
FX isn't dead IMHO. I'm still happy with its performance and plan to keep until the full Ryzen range is released and a few stability and performance fixes come out. If I do upgrade I will give to my brother. It will be an upgrade for him and he will get good use from it for a while yet. FX is not dead. Sent from my VIE-L09 using Tapatalk
Have you got turbo boost on? Your screen shot show cores at diff frequencies. Turn that off and lock in your over clock to all cores permanently. Sent from my VIE-L09 using Tapatalk
I'm no expert on Ryzen, but plan to get one in a few months time after some patches, bios updates etc come through to improve it's stability. That vcore voltage is too high for 24x7. It's not like their older CPUs. Should be no higher than 1.35 to 1.40 if you want CPU to last. Memory compatibility is an issue right now. Drop the ram to 2133MHZ to begin with to remove that potential issue, while you work on the CPU overclock. Check for any other bios updates available...
I've been out of the overclocking game for a few years so don't know too much about overclocking newer CPUs etc however this thread may be of some assistance; http://www.overclock.net/t/1621347/kaby-lake-overclocking-guide-with-statistics/0_30